8 months - Still bald!

Doesn't look great but you still have some time. I would try growing it out a little longer. I would have expected more by now though.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

stillbald,

I respect that you don't want to name your surgeon at this time. However, can you provide us with a little more detail about your case? For example, is this your first hair transplant procedure? Where were the grafts placed? Are there any special instances surrounding your case?

Without knowing more, I would still agree that you should see a lot more growth at 8 months post-op. Based on the photos alone, I would guess you're only about 3 or 4 months post-op. However, the fact that hair growth appears in its infant stages, this could be a sign that you're just a slow grower.

I would also suggest that if you haven't already, to discuss your concerns with your surgeon to see what he/she says.

Please keep us posted.

Best wishes,

Bill

A picture of the donor area, a graft breakdown and an immediate post op photo would help.

It does look like some hair is coming through, albeit slowly.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

This dosent look good im afraid for this amount of time. I would expect to see a lot more growth particulary as its virgin scalp. It shows there is no guarentees with Strip / FUE whatever the method.

Has your surgeon said they will stand by you by offering a refund or additional procedure? If that dosent dramatically improve i would push for a big refund and go elsewhere to try get sorted out.

Good luck with it.

If you don't get a good result, DO NOT return to the same doctor. Remember your donor is limited...and considering you end up with a weak results form the first, I wouldn't let the same doctor keep using up your limited donor. Good luck getting some of your funds back....( I mean that from personal experience)

What's great about today's tech world compared to many years ago is that a patient that ended up getting a terrible result would suffer in silence and no one would find out about the doctor's terrible work and other people would pay the price as well. Now, patients have a very loud and strong voice by sharing their experiences online...whether good or bad.

It is also my right to stand on the public sidewalk outside of the clinic and hand out my before/after pictures and share my story with potential clients. A few days of that and they will begging me to accept a refund.

StillBald,

I'm on your side brother! But check with an attorney first before taking action like that. I would recommend you wait the entire year that it takes for a full result to show. Depending on your final result, I would then consider my options....but letting the same doctor do a touch up would not be one of them.

Still bald I am sorry to heard about your result so far. Although it may improve it does appear its will be a lot less than 3500 graft you have gotten.

They said they will redo for free at one year mark. I will refuse of course and only accept a substantial refund. If no refund given, I will destroy their reputation online.

I understand that you are upset and I would be as well. There is nothing wrong with fighting for a refund and what is right. Just be careful there is a fine line between fighting for what you believe in and extortion.

Although we know those are not your motives you have to be careful how to work stuff. Lawyer love to get involved with this kind of stuff.

Just my opinion good luck!!

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

3,500 FUT grafts in November 2012. I'll withhold name of clinic until 10 months.

Your thoughts?

I don't think it looks like 3/4 months, more like 6 months'ish, maybe your cycle of growing is just fully kicking in. Also it seems as though you're talking in dribs and drabs, why not post better before and after pictures, plus if you have 3500 grafts in your crown and hairline and midscalp then it seems to me that you're over estimating how much coverage your likely to get and I think by looking at your low quality picture that you probably need a bare minimum double the grafts you've got. Just my take on things with the little bit of info we have from you.