Scalp micropigmentation shaved effect (pictures)

Temporary scalp micropigmentation shaved effect done by Bruscaini Mirko in Italy (in Rome).

Dermo Beauty Center locations : Milan, Rome, Barcelona.

2uzxh5y.jpg

6dv3id.jpg

2w3aq0y.jpg

ay7y0z.jpg

2uqcbhx.jpg

I am the owner of Men's Ink, providing permanent and temporary scalp micropigmentation services.

Nice! Thank you for sharing.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

very nice result,but tell me something,now you will have to shave the sides and back of your head every 2-3 days?

Yes, exactly.

I am the owner of Men's Ink, providing permanent and temporary scalp micropigmentation services.

• 4 months later...
are the sides and back shaved with a razor to the scalp or with clippers?

if with clippers what size attachment? Or is it clipper with no attachment?

I have similar hair and am very interested in this procedure

Hi, sides and back are shaved with an electric razor to the scalp.

Mirko Bruscaini

• 3 months later...

It looks great now, but how long will the darkness and sharpness last before it fades? How much does this cost, and how long before it fades completely? And if you continue to tattoo over the same area, even at a shallow depth, won't that produce scar tissue? Has anyone actually found a PERMANENT solution that works or is this it?

Looks good

4066 FUE Grafts with Dr Bhatti, India 9&10 Jan 2014

For my pics and thread click the link:http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/173658-4066-fue-grafts-dr-bhatti-india-restoring-more-than-just-hair.html

Temporary scalp micropigmentation shaved effect done by Bruscaini Mirko in Italy (in Rome).

Dermo Beauty Center locations : Milan, Rome, Barcelona.

2uzxh5y.jpg

6dv3id.jpg

2w3aq0y.jpg

ay7y0z.jpg

2uqcbhx.jpg

Can you please post pics at the 10-12 month post-procedure mark, so we can see how and if it holds up?

I have't researched SMP much, but a concerning trend I've happened to notice is that the people who advocate it or posts results... tend to avoid answering the difficult questions or just flat out disappear. Not a good sign.

I have't researched SMP much, but a concerning trend I've happened to notice is that the people who advocate it or posts results... tend to avoid answering the difficult questions or just flat out disappear. Not a good sign.

What's questions are you referring to?

• 1 year later...

I'm sure he's wondering the same as some of us who want to see this result in 10-12 months, a sort of "where are they now" pics

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

I'm sure he's wondering the same as some of us who want to see this result in 10-12 months, a sort of "where are they now" pics

Yea Scooter, unfortunately the only Advertisement Photos posted by Tricopigmentation clinics are photos taken IMMEDIATELY after the treatment is completed at the clinic. In all fairness, Permanent SMP Providers do the EXACT same thing and Display, or Post, post- treatment photos that were taken at their clinic immediately following the treatment before the treatment has had time to fade making the treatment seem darker in photos and more impressive.

On these forums, or ANYWHERE for that matter, you will be hard pressed to find photos of Tricopigmentation recipients' photos other than the ones that were taken immediately after treatment. I feel that the reason for this is that the photos of Trico results, say 6-12 months post-treatment, would not serve the best interest of the Tricopigmentation Providers to be viewed by potential clients, b/c the results will be less than stellar, and will more than likely reveal more rapid fading than the Tricopigmentation providers care to advertise.

But just so I'm clear, and don't seem "inconsistent", to certain Trico Salesmen, regarding my views on Temporary SMP....I still feel Tricopigmentation is a good option for SOME, and can aid in the decision process to move forward with Permanent SMP, or not.

Edited by BaldKen2

A comparison? You wanted to see what trico looks like at one year so I thought you wanted to judge it for what it looks like, not what it looks like compared to a fresh procedure. The above patient is at roughly one year so the question is, how does it look?

I'll see if I can find the "fresh" result pics. I'm somewhat overwhelmed at the moment trying to edit over 100gb of footage from my trip and I'm trying to knock most of it out before I hop on a plane and fly back to Turkey next week:(

I have a question for you in the meantime. You're asking about how tricopigmentation looks as it fades, which is a fair request. My question to you is, did you ask the same of your SMP provider, to show you how it looks at five years? I say five years because this is about what most of the permanent SMP guys say when asked how long it lasts before a touchup is needed. How about seven years? Or longer? I can't really find much in the way of actual long term results when I do a search online so maybe you can point us to where such results reside. This too is a fair question since most of the clinics that say that permanent SMP needs a touchup in five years have not been performing the procedure for five years so it is interesting how they know such things.

Edited by JoeTillman

A comparison? You wanted to see what trico looks like at one year so I thought you wanted to judge it for what it looks like, not what it looks like compared to a fresh procedure. The above patient is at roughly one year so the question is, how does it look?

I'll see if I can find the "fresh" result pics. I'm somewhat overwhelmed at the moment trying to edit over 100gb of footage from my trip and I'm trying to knock most of it out before I hop on a plane and fly back to Turkey next week:(

I have a question for you in the meantime. You're asking about how tricopigmentation looks as it fades, which is a fair request. My question to you is, did you ask the same of your SMP provider, to show you how it looks at five years? I say five years because this is about what most of the permanent SMP guys say when asked how long it lasts before a touchup is needed. How about seven years? Or longer? I can't really find much in the way of actual long term results when I do a search online so maybe you can point us to where such results reside. This too is a fair question since most of the clinics that say that permanent SMP needs a touchup in five years have not been performing the procedure for five years so it is interesting how they know such things.

Hi Joe,

No worries buddy, just feel it is better to have the "original" photo for comparison. Hope you are able to find it, but I imagine it looks a lot like the one you already posted.

As far as long-term Permanent SMP results:

If you and your team have been relying solely on Online Search Engines as your primary research tool to find photos then good luck to ya man. After all, if Photos of Tricopigmentation recipients, other than post-treatment photos, are so hard to find online, imagine how tough it must be to find smp photo results of guys' results 7 years post-treatment simply by using Google. Especially in an industry that has just begun to advertise in the last 8-10 years. The problem with online research is that the SMP industry is so very young and over 95% of what you will find is all Marketing and Advertising-(which I am sure you know all about) and not real people who aren't getting paid to say a certain thing. Like Trico, Most online SMP clinics' galleries show Result Photos that are taken immediately after treatment and nothing more. And also like Trico, most smp providers have not been in business long enough to have clients with results that old. But you knew that already.

I actually did a lot of research on my own and got out from behind my computer screen and went and spoke to Micropigmentation Practitioners and Clinical Instructors (apart from the 'strictly scalp micro' providers) and I was able to learn a lot, and was introduced to many men who have been treated for hair loss using Permanent Micropigmentation to replicate hair follicles. Keep in mind these men are not PAID guys who create websites and post their photos and track their 'SMP progress' year to year for the whole world to see LOL. In fact, like me, most of them try and keep their SMP a secret, outside of their 'Micropigmentation inner circle'. At least ten of these men whom I met (and a few I still keep in contact with) had their treatments over ten years ago. Their results look wonderful, some better than mine. Most of these guys have had touchups over the years on small areas of the scalp, but maintenance is part of everything that involves Any Form of Tattooing.

Many of the Micropigmentation Practitioners I met and spoke with actually specialize in Medical and Paramedical tattooing such as Areola Repigmentation for women with breast cancer who have undergone a Mastectomy, as well as tattooing really bad scars from car accidents or injuries, and also repairing skin pigmentation issues caused by either cancer or physiological conditions.

These Practitioners possessed Bachelors and Masters Degrees of Science in various schools of the health sciences, so it was nice to talk to Health Care Professionals in the industry as opposed to the usual 6 week Training Course Certificate Recipient, or Salesman. You know what I mean? These were educated and experienced practitioners who possessed years of education and experience. And for Practitioners with experience in medical tattooing who know what they are doing, Pointillism on the scalp is not a difficult task. That is why it is so comical to me when guys come on here and try and question the longevity of Permanent SMP, (which is such a very simple treatment), when Cosmetic and Medical tattooing has been around for decades and there are tons of proven results out there.

I suppose the bottom line is that I really do not have to convince anyone that SMP is good for the long haul. I have seen long-term results with my own eyes, and every time I look in the mirror I see results that look awesome after 3 years. I am just a Pro-SMP guy, not a Provider or Salesman of the service so I may be one of the only unbiased guys on these threads. I am not on here to make any money or sway anyone this way or that way. Just to express my opinions as well as the facts.

Heck, I even read somewhere that one Forum Actually Charges Practitioners and Doctors a monthly fee of over One-thousand Dollars to be a member and advertise! :eek: Can you believe that?

The fact is, SMP is a 'Money Machine'. Ads for your clinic can be sold on various sites, positive reviews for your clinic can be bought, you can charge thousands of dollars for a treatment that lasts just hours and costs very little to perform. For any potential client, whether it be Hair Transplants or SMP, separating the B.S. from the Truth can be nearly impossible using online research.

PS: good luck with all of your photo editing

Edited by BaldKen2

A few issues...

Whom was it that you were speaking to that had a master's degree that is relevant to micro-pigmentation? I've never heard of such a program.

If you and your team have been relying solely on Online Search Engines as your primary research tool to find photos then good luck to ya man.

I have no "team" but my information does indeed come from speaking with permanent SMP clinics and from meeting patients.

Me - "How long does the SMP last?"

SMP Clinic - "It lasts for five years before you need a touchup".

Me - "Oh, ok. How long have you been offering the procedure?"

SMP Clinic - "Two years.".

Keep in mind these men are not PAID guys who create websites and post their photos and track their 'SMP progress' year to year for the whole world to see LOL.

I don't get it. First, who are you speaking about? Who is being paid to document "year to year"? In addition, who cares? As long as the "tracking" of their progress is near real time it doesn't really matter if they are being compensated because a few dollar bills can't mask a bad result. I think that any compensation should of course be stated as transparency is important; but still, who are these people?

At least ten of these men whom I met (and a few I still keep in contact with) had their treatments over ten years ago.

Ten??? That had SMP OVER ten years ago??? Are you maybe exaggerating just a wee bit here because that is a massive number of people, that you could personally find, much less speak to, about their scalp micropigmentation experience. Ten years ago would mean June, 2005 at the latest so that would give you a window of six months where ten people would have to have had the same procedure, that you can find, and speak to from a time when almost no one was performing scalp micropigmentation. That is simply outstanding detective work!

Pointillism is not difficult? No, I suppose not, but to perform it to the level that naturalness can be achieved, and based on what I've seen in the industry, it is extremely difficult.

I suppose the bottom line is that I really do not have to convince anyone that SMP is good for the long hall. I have seen long-term results with my own eyes, and every time I look in the mirror I see results that look awesome after 3 years. I am just a Pro-SMP guy, not a Provider or Salesman of the service so I may be one of the only unbiased guys on these threads. I am not on here to make any money or sway anyone this way or that way. Just to express my opinions as well as the facts.

I get it, and I would never question your, or anyone else's happiness with a product but you have what appears to be a very negative temporary SMP attitude, contrary to your statements indicating otherwise. On the flip side, I have no problem with permanent SMP as long as the patient knows the FACTS in that your experience is your experience but there are those that have had moderately bad to horribly bad experiences in which their scalps have been left negatively, and permanently, altered due to permanent SMP procedures. That too is a fact. What is also a fact is that there is not one documented case of a temporary SMP patient having the same problem. Not one. So unless you are naming your clinic as the one to go to, and the practioner as the practioner to go to, then I don't think you are in a fair position to give your opinion in a blanket fashion, that permanent SMP is a better option. It was better for you, with your provider and your practioner, but I think you'll agree that there are far too many scam artists, and even SMP providers that think they may be doing good work, that are, in reality, doing work that neither you or I would want our our heads. That is why I don't say all strip hair transplants are the best. It was the best for me, and with my doctor, but there are other doctors out there that would not do such a great job on me or anyone else for that matter. It's the same difference.

And yes, SMP is a money making "machine" but so is a lemonade stand. It's called capitalism and as long as a good product is being offered, and the patient understands the reality of that product, then nothing bad can be said about it.

p.s. I'm not editing photos. I'm editing video.