Problems accessing - baldtruth

socates123

Hi guys, sorry if this is really an off topic, but I tried to register for the bald truth forum, but I was unable to view the pictures or post anything - it says that my account needs to be verified or something, does anyone have problems with it too, I just need to do my research, can anyone help me please?

• 2 months later...

Is there some kind of rivalry between this forum and the Bald Truth forums? I registered, and they essentially banned me for mentioning this site; they allowed me to say that I got my HT's done by Dr. Gabel in Hillsboro, Oregon (which I would think would violate their no-advertising clause that they used to justify the banning, but they just left it there)... But they deleted my link to my HT blog here on this site - and if you try to type the URL to this site, their forum software is programmed to automatically replace it with http://www.*********************.com/ and then they threaten to ban you if you mention this site in any way.

I also noticed that, on their "Hair Loss Organizations" page on the American Hair Loss Association site, this site is not listed, despite obviously being one of the larger players in the field. I feel like they desperately want to pretend like this forum doesn't exist or something... Is there some kind of animosity going on here...? O.o

Edited by OtherSyde

This site is way better and less biased:D Just my opinion.

Yeah, I got the impression from the Bald Truth shows that it would be this open-minded, quality-driven, unbiased forum, like it is here on the HRN. Now I'm encountering some serious hostility, and also some very suspicious, underhanded censoring/gag-order type stuff at the hands of a mod named Winston. What, are they afraid they'll lose members to the HRN or something? Are they afraid that if anyone sees the name "Hair Transplant Network" that all of their members will suddenly abandon ship and stampede towards the HRN..? I doubt that would happen. Weird paranoia.

Well they emailed me about what it was they were PO'ed about:

The forum you currently belong to [EDIT: They mean HRN Forums] removes links to all other hair loss forums. If you post a url to another forum, a moderator will remove it and write "Promotional Link Removed." That's their policy and any person posting on their site needs to respect that. We do not allow links to sites that block links back to ours, that is our policy, and users posting on our site need to respect that as well. We do, however, allow links to most other hair loss forums, as they also allow recipocal links back -- which is considered professional courtesy in the forum world. Creating posts to point users to your account on other sites falls under the violation of our "Off-Board Contact" & "No Advertising" Rule, and will be a violation of our posting policies.

I didn't realize that this forum blocks links to all other hair loss forums, but I never ran across that issue before, and with all the perks on this forum I guess I'm not too concerned about it. At least on this forum you don't get ban-hammered for merely mentioning the name of another site. That is some crazy, jealous-girlfriend-type-stuff.

Kind of smacks of those single-minded militant extremist Jesus-camps where you're not allowed to debate anything or even mention the existence of other lines of logic, whether it's other religions, evolution theories, science, atheism, etc. Their logic seems to sound like "NO, you CAN'T reference your profile on ANY other site! Even if it's completely unrelated! There ARE NO other sites and you are NOT allowed to speak such blasphemy! You must make a special isolated profile on THIS SITE ALONE and only reference THIS SITE and never any others!" Their Private Message feature is also disabled altogether.

HRN not only lets me place links to my BodySpace and Cardomain in my sig without fits of jealousy, but also lets us put links (appropriate links of course, not advertising links, which is a good thing) in our posts, and mention other sites where relevant without being accosted and threatened.

So yeah. Screw the BT forums. That place is nuts, not to mention borderline useless since you're not allowed to speak of other web sites or talk to anyone else directly. I don't know how their system even works - but now I suspect that my sarcastic comments in my last post were actually correct: If their members all found this forum, they wouldn't have any members anymore.

I'll be staying right here.

This site is pretty stiff about outside links too, but I have found this to be the better of the two sites. I understand not allowing promotional links but I think it is against policy to even link a photo of a celeb to another site.

Tbh, I think that is a little over board but it is a small price to pay for the knowledge I gained here.

I read somewhere that it would take 27 years to read all of the agreements you make on the Internet, so....

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hi Guys,

Thank you for the kind words about the forums. We do our very best to run an open, honest, transparent hair restoration network, and it's good to hear that we are reaching people and helping hair loss sufferers.

Having said that, I do want to say a few things about outside links. I don't believe we really have any sort of "feud" with any other online hair loss networks (as we are all in the field of helping those with hair loss), but it is true that we don't allow links to places with promotional content that we have not evaluated and approved. If another site sees this and feels like they should disallow any sites that don't allow linking to their own, this is their prerogative and right to do so.

Outside links, in general, are kind of a tricky thing. Many times, I'll remove a link from a members post, only to receive an unhappy private message stating that I removed a non-promotional link. However, this is often not the case. Most websites function via advertisement revenue. What's more, many of these advertisements are able to anticipate the type of ad that will reach particular users on the site (based upon your browsing history) and modify the ad content accordingly.

For example, whenever I visit any website with an advertising heading or side banner, it's filled with advertisements for hair loss products and hair transplant clinics. This is because my browsing history is chalked full of visits to hair loss and hair restoration sites. However, when my girlfriend, who likes to online shop, visits the same site, the advertisements feature promotions for places to buy clothes, shoes, and jewelry.

So, even if you link to a site that has nothing to do with hair transplantation, it is likely that they still feature user focused ads. When a member clicks on this outside link from the forums and is met with an advertisement for a clinic that we have not reviewed or endorse, it's essentially promotional content.

However, we do try to not remove outside links when this is not the case, and I usually try to copy and re-paste important content when I am forced to remove a link. Like I said before, we try to keep moderation fair and appropriate, and avoid unnecessary censorship.

Keep in mind that if anyone ever has issue with moderation, links that were removed, etc, they can send me a private message at any point.

I hope this helps!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Spanker: I dunno, I've made a whole helluva lot of posts with a lot of links to PhotoBucket pics, TinyURL pics, etc., and many were of celebrities - and linked to countless outside sites, although none were other HT forums - and I've never had any problem here on these forums. Like Future HT Doc said, mods on these forums are just more reasonable and personable.

I think they're just much, much stricter on the BT forums for some reason. Not even being allowed to mention any other forum's name at all, or even completely unrelated/non-competing sites like car sites or whatever? Not allowed to PM anyone, not even the moderators? Can't link pictures at all? Can't edit any of your posts after 15 minutes have passed? It just feels extremely claustrophobic in terms of communication, sort of like trying to describe how an iPhone works when you're only allowed to use cave paintings and grunts. Granted, it was partially my fault for not reading the user agreement thoroughly, but I just figured they would have the same, normal, sensible rules that any other forum (like this one) has. I've never encountered a forum with such aggressive restrictions before.

Anyway, I've never had a problem at this forum and feel like I can breathe and speak easy here - without Big Brother looming over my shoulder and menacing me with a ban hammer, so I'm staying put. These forums are way, way better IMO. SO glad I found this place first and put roots down here.

Othersyde,

I think BTT has one of the most liberal linking policies that I have seen across on any hair loss forum. They allow links to just about any site and give members a tremendous amount of latitude as far as linking images, videos etc.

Many of the things you have written are a bit inaccurate. BTT members always post tinyurls, links to flicker, photobucket and mention the name of this and many other sites in posts. All you have to do is read the site to see this. They probably don't allow people to use tinyurls to circumvent links they don't allow, but this seems more than reasonable in my opinion.

Personally, I would never post or discuss another forum in a manner used to driver members to another site, whether it was with good intentions or not. It is just disrespectful to the forum I'm posting on. They are all providing a platform to allow us to communicate and it's very important users respect that in my opinion.

I'm a member of both forums and I found them both extremely valuable in their own way when I was conducting my research and would advise anyone looking into the industry to read more than one forum as they all have their positives and negatives. Any forum member that participates on a forum should simply respect the policies of that forum.

I think you've made a bit more of this than it actually is with all due respect as I have been using both a long time. They are both great forums, the best around infact, and I am extremely grateful that they both exist. People should just post where they feel most comfortable and at home.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

It's ironic that moderators over at Spencer's forum claim they don't allow links back to our forum because we don't allow links back to theirs. While we do allow links back to most forums when appropriate, we stopped allowing links back to any of Spencer's websites for a couple of reasons.

For starters, years ago, Spencer Kobren made false and misleading statements that he is the only one that prescreens and recommends hair transplant surgeons, which is obviously false. Anyone who's been a long time member of this forum not only sees that we prescreen surgeons based on high standards, but also sees that we're entirely transparent about our process. To see how we prescreen and recommend surgeons, click here. For an example of how we invite members to weigh in and value their feedback, see the recent topic "Potential Recommendation of Dr. Jose Lorenzo of the United Kingdom, formerly Spain".

While we've always been 100% transparent in how we recommend surgeons, Spencer Kobren chose to operate covertly without a discussion forum for years while he continued adding physicians to his list of "recommendations". While he may or may not have been very diligent in researching and recommending only surgeons he believes in, nobody really knew for sure because he chose to operate covertly rather than in a transparent environment.

It was only in the last 2 years or so that he decided to host a new discussion forum. While I appreciate that he finally stepped up, from the very beginning, he didn't allow links back to our forum or community.

Also, for those of you who don't know - the "American Hair Loss Association" is owned by Spencer Kobren as is the majority of websites he links back to under the "Hair Loss Organizations" sub-category. We are not listed because we are a completely separate entity and have no financial investment in any of his websites. Note also that there are a number of very legitimate hair loss and hair restoration resources not listed on his site as well.

I want to add that I don't like when owners/publishers of discussion forum get into an online pissing match. However, because we believe in transparency and allow our members to express their legitimate concerns, I felt the need to respond openly and honestly regarding this topic rather than sweep the legitimate questions and concerns under the carpet.

Frankly, what happens on any of Spencer's hair loss websites is his business, not ours. However, if his moderators are going to spew nonsense making us sound like the bad guys, we need to defend ourselves with the truth.

Best wishes,

Bill

This site is pretty stiff about outside links too, but I have found this to be the better of the two sites. I understand not allowing promotional links but I think it is against policy to even link a photo of a celeb to another site.

The only time we intend to remove outside links is if they're promotional in nature. However, I have no problems when members link to educational or informational websites when appropriate (at least those that don't purposely block link backs to our website like The Bald Truth). Furthermore, the example of linking to a photo of a celebrity on a website has never been a problem to my knowledge, unless the page is riddled with Provillus ads or something :-).

As Blake already pointed out, there are times when he and/or Dave choose to remove links because they felt something about it was promotional. In the event you post a link that wasn't intended to be promotional and it was removed, please email me at help@hairtransplantnetwork.com with the link and I'll be happy to evaluate it and provide my opinion.

We certainly don't want to be a community where we're extremely strict with appropriate outside links. However, anything that's obviously promotional will always be removed since these links don't act in the best interest of the community.

I hope this helps.

Bill

The only time we intend to remove outside links is if they're promotional in nature. However, I have no problems when members link to educational or informational websites when appropriate (at least those that don't purposely block link backs to our website like The Bald Truth). Furthermore, the example of linking to a photo of a celebrity on a website has never been a problem to my knowledge, unless the page is riddled with Provillus ads or something :-).

As Blake already pointed out, there are times when he and/or Dave choose to remove links because they felt something about it was promotional. In the event you post a link that wasn't intended to be promotional and it was removed, please email me at help@hairtransplantnetwork.com with the link and I'll be happy to evaluate it and provide my opinion.

We certainly don't want to be a community where we're extremely strict with appropriate outside links. However, anything that's obviously promotional will always be removed since these links don't act in the best interest of the community.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Thanks. I have never had one of mine removed because I have never done it. I have seen links removed that say, showed a celebrity with hair loss. The were removed by the time I got there, so they could have been promotional in nature and I just didn't know it.

This is good information to have for the future though!

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Bill

In this post f.e., I intended to post a link which nature was only informational, and quite important for the whole discussion: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/170411-dr-villnow-treated-borussia-dortmund-coach-juergen-klopp-3.html#post2348384

The link directed to a german hair loss forum, which in fact does allow links to your forum (I know that because I regularly post links to the HRN there).

So why has it been removed? Two posts later, I tried to post a link also relevant to the discussion, and in order to back up my claim, and it was removed, too. As far as I remember, the link simply directed to a german news site. :confused:

I know that in single cases, faults might happen, but I have become so unsure about what I can post or not that I simply completely avoid to post any links whatsoever except links to the HRN itself.

But thanks at this point for clarifying once and for all the criteria of appropriate links :)

In this post f.e., I intended to post a link which nature was only informational, and quite important for the whole discussion: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/170411-dr-villnow-treated-borussia-dortmund-coach-juergen-klopp-3.html#post2348384

The link directed to a german hair loss forum, which in fact does allow links to your forum (I know that because I regularly post links to the HRN there).

So why has it been removed? Two posts later, I tried to post a link also relevant to the discussion, and in order to back up my claim, and it was removed, too. As far as I remember, the link simply directed to a german news site. :confused:

I know that in single cases, faults might happen, but I have become so unsure about what I can post or not that I simply completely avoid to post any links whatsoever except links to the HRN itself.

But thanks at this point for clarifying once and for all the criteria of appropriate links :)

Question,

I think these links both contained some sort of advertisements. Can you please send them to me in a private message (as I was the one who deleted them), so I can review it. Thanks!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Bill, with all due respect to you and the forum, you know I love this place as I have openly stated that it has helped me in my own personal journey, but as Questionmark has highlighted and I have personally seen it happen enough times, outbound links to any hair loss related websites are always deleted from the Hair Restoration Network.

You know that I am a big supporter and have resided here predominately as I feel it is run very well and the posters are like a close knit friendship group unlike on other forums, but it does seem that anytime a legitimate question concerning policies of the Hair Restoration Network arises it is often met with a bit of sidestep to a degree in my opinion.

It is obvious and clear that Hair Restoration Network do not allow outbound links to any hair loss related websites and that of course is your prerogative, but why not just say so and what is the big deal? I don't get it and I personally couldn't care less in all honesty, and I am sure most members here would just chalk that up to being one of your forum policies that should be respected as I know I would respect it as I do you and the other moderators a great deal. The politics between forums is sometimes quite childish in my opinion and topics like this are belittling for all. Simply no need for it.

You know me, and you know that I am a long-time member with absolutely no agenda who respects the forum immensely and your position as a publisher of the site, but I do see regular attempts on these types of topics to avoid answering direct questions, by either deflecting the focus onto "transparency" or something else that is essentially inconsequential to the topic at hand in my opinion. This is simply an observation.

You are referring to "transparency" but when I directly asked you about how much Coalition/Network surgeons pay monthly to be listed on the site a couple of weeks ago, you refused to give a direct answer. Again, that is your prerogative and I respect it. I just feel pointing fingers often can look inappropriate and unnecessary on these types of topics and can in fact highlight cracks that reside here.

Again you know I love this place and respect your role here and your as a person greatly, but I have to call it as I see it.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Othersyde,

I think BTT has one of the most liberal linking policies that I have seen across on any hair loss forum. They allow links to just about any site and give members a tremendous amount of latitude as far as linking images, videos etc.

Many of the things you have written are a bit inaccurate. BTT members always post tinyurls, links to flicker, photobucket and mention the name of this and many other sites in posts. All you have to do is read the site to see this. They probably don't allow people to use tinyurls to circumvent links they don't allow, but this seems more than reasonable in my opinion.

Personally, I would never post or discuss another forum in a manner used to driver members to another site, whether it was with good intentions or not. It is just disrespectful to the forum I'm posting on. They are all providing a platform to allow us to communicate and it's very important users respect that in my opinion.

I'm a member of both forums and I found them both extremely valuable in their own way when I was conducting my research and would advise anyone looking into the industry to read more than one forum as they all have their positives and negatives. Any forum member that participates on a forum should simply respect the policies of that forum.

I think you've made a bit more of this than it actually is with all due respect as I have been using both a long time. They are both great forums, the best around infact, and I am extremely grateful that they both exist. People should just post where they feel most comfortable and at home.

I don't know about a "liberal" linking policy... They seemed to make it pretty clear to me that they didn't want any external links on their forums.

And yeah, I was aggravated that they insta-banned me when I didn't think I'd really done anything particularly bad, but their rules are really restrictive, and once I became aware of how their rules worked, I realized that I just don't want to post there because of the environment; aside from the unnecessary restrictions, I just detected an undercurrent of classic internet butt-hurt, especially when the HRN was mentioned. I gather this impression from the fact that they immediately blocked any mention of this place and deleted all my references, without removing or even mentioning the other external links I'd unwittingly posted; only after I asked the mod about this did they go back and remove the other links, too, as though to prove their point.

Now I gather that Spencer is a paranoid guy, and angry about all the scammers and hacks and predators in the HT industry - and this probably accounts for a lot of their aggressive/draconian rule enforcement aas well as their aversion to any other forum that they can't control. I can see that he's trying to do good in the world and keep people from getting burned and taken advantage of, so I don't really hate the forum for its stark policies; who knows, it may actually be a sfare place for certain newbies who aren't bright enough to do research or identify scammers who might infiltrate forums and PM them with BS offers. I guess protecting people with extreme restrictions is a form of protecting them, in some way. It's just a very different approach than the more relaxed, open-air attitude of the HRN.

I guess it just comes down to environmental preference. I like a place where expression, identity, and breathing room is allowed at least to some extent, and offending cases are reviewed with unbiased analysis instead of just knee-jerk banning. So yeah, they can run their fascist regime over there any way they want, and I'll stay over here in relative freedom.

Chrisdav,

Regretably, most hair loss website owners and publishers prohbit outside links to other hair restoration forums. As a result, we don't allow links back to hair loss forums or websites that don't allow links back to ours. This includes Spencer's websites, Hair Loss Help and a few others.

Unfortunately, most hair loss websites would prefer to pretend that other similar forums don't exist. As a result, we've closed the door to allowing links to websites and forums that would prefer we didn't exist while we've allowed links to others when appropriate. That said, I am open to the possibility of allowing links back to these forums however, they have to be willing to link back to ours.

I understand that you're a fan of Spencer Kobren and his websites and thus, you probably feel the need to defend them. However, if you read the first several posts, the policies of this forum have come into question and as the managing publisher, I am addressing them. Would you prefer we were less transparent and removed topics rather than address them? Should I apply this principle to other topics as well?

Regarding sponsorship fees, I've addressed this topic clearly and oddly enough, I find that I have to repeat myself at least once a month when someone new decides to start a new topic on it. We are by far the most transparent hair restoration community on the web. And while we may have chosen not to provide exact financial figures, we've been very clear about how we recommend surgeons and approximately how much physicians recommended by this community pay per year to support this patient based community. However, this is not at all related to the topic and has already been addressed on another topic.

Like it or hate it, there are several hair loss forums, most of which don't allow links back to others. While we do allow links back to some when appropriate, we will not allow links back to forums that don't allow links back to ours.

Bill

Bill, is the rivalry really so bad? Can`t you just have a nice conversation with Spencer Kobren, and just reconcile the situation between the two sites?

It is somehow a strange feeling when I am on BTT, and I know I can`t name or link to the HRN, and almost the same here.

I have to say I prefer the HRN much more due to numerous reasons, and I am not just saying this, but can`t both of you come to a better agreement than "If you`re not allowing links to us, then we ain`t gonna do that either", and the other way around.

One "side" has to make a start, and I am sure it`ll work out fine. Or do you fear that it is somehow like a defeat or sth. if you`re contacting him to ask whether both of you will allow links to each other?

Maybe I am too naive, and this is hard business, and I am missing some important points to consider, but I am just being idealistic here :rolleyes:

"Now I gather that Spencer is a paranoid guy, and angry about all the scammers and hacks and predators in the HT industry - and this probably accounts for a lot of their aggressive/draconian rule enforcement as well as their aversion to any other forum that they can't control. I can see that he's trying to do good in the world and keep people from getting burned and taken advantage of, so I don't really hate the forum for its stark policies; who knows, it may actually be a safer place for certain newbies who aren't bright enough to do research or identify scammers who might infiltrate forums and PM them with BS offers. I guess protecting people with extreme restrictions is a form of protecting them, in some way. "

Hmmm from what i've seen i would have said the opposite.

Bill,

Thanks for the reply. I do not claim to know all the in's and out's of what goes on and frankly I don't want or need to know. I am just commenting how I see it. I like you, I am a fan of all the moderators and the Hair Restoration Network, just as I am Spencer Kobren and all his excellent resources. All the resources you provide are fantastic in my opinion. I have a great deal to be thankful to you and Hair Restoration Network. You have my upmost respect and I respect the forums policies, whether I agree with them or not and so should all whom wish to use the resources you provide.

I mainly reside here as you know in this community having made nearly 1700 posts as I feel most comfortable here. I think all the questionable posts should be addressed especially when things aren't clear or especially one sided and I think you do an excellent job addressing the vast majority of these particular topics.

I try to play devils advocate and I feel it's appropriate on these types of topics. I don't take sides. I have never seen Hair Restoration Network or your name to be allowed to be brought into question on TBT and I would have thought this is out of respect for the Hair Restoration Network platform and just common courtesy. I have seen disingenuous comments immediately removed over there in the past regarding Hair Restoration Network, which doesn't allow topics to get out of hand. TBT do see straight through this in my opinion and don't allow such things to play out which I agree with when they become quite obvious.

If I saw a topic allowed where your name, or any of the moderators or Hair Restoration Network and the topic played out in an unsavoury, unfair manner, then be assured I would be compelled and they very first to comment and question the motives behind it as I have done here.

I know certain posters here on Hair Restoration Network question the policies and even attack Hair Restoration Network on other forums that I am not registered on, to my dismay but I still read.

These posters despite their dislike of the Hair Restoration Network though, continue to have the audacity to post here. They chastise the very platform that they take full advantage of to post on, and I am sure you know who they are.

I think if the most prolific forums allowed links to one another that it would only be beneficial to all involved, the forum owners, patients, would help business in general and would allow great transparency within the industry. Hopefully one day the major forum owners and moderators can work together, and have cohesion as opposed to friction, as this would I think certainly result in a more positive environment for all.

Bill, you do a fantastic job and a provide a superb platform that I am eternally grateful for.

Chrisdav,

I truly do appreciate your support and the candid sharing of your feelings. You are a valuable member here and I truly respect members like you who have this community's best interest at heart.

I did however, want to reply to the below.

I have never seen Hair Restoration Network or your name to be allowed to be brought into question on TBT and I would have thought this is out of respect for the Hair Restoration Network platform and just common courtesy.

I don't think you're looking hard enough. For starters, here's one:

(link removed now that it has served its purpose)

Of course, the original topic starter has blatantly distorted the truth and not surprisingly, it led other loyal members of that forum to further attempt to discredit our community. Where is Spencer Kobren and their respectful moderators to quickly remove this topic out of respect and courtesy? Instead, they let this clown who refused to listen to reason make continual unsubstantiated claims and continue to badmouth us along with several of their members.

While Spencer had no problem removing a link to our forum, he allowed us to be wrongfully slandered.

If I saw a topic allowed where your name, or any of the moderators or Hair Restoration Network and the topic played out in an unsavoury, unfair manner, then be assured I would be compelled and they very first to comment and question the motives behind it as I have done here.

The above topic is an old topic, but if you can get Spencer to take this down and not allow his members to disparage our community, I'll consider providing him the same courtesy.

Bill

Bill,

I remember reading that topic a while ago and remember it was locked. I thought it had been removed altogether. I carry no weight with forum owners especially Spencer Kobren, however he appears a level headed and approachable guy, and I am sure if you took the time to reach out to him, he would consider your offer, especially if you are prepared to reciprocate with removal of false, personal disparaging stuff about him and resources.

I do know after reading many topics over the years including the topic you have pointed out that Spencer never gets involved or his moderators to fuel fire or disparage you or Hair Restoration Network and locks or removes topics pretty quick deemed inappropriate.

Without labouring the point, I do know I have seen various other stuff removed on TBT pretty much instantly in regards to Hair Restoration Network and you personally. It was highly inappropriate and disparaging that was posted by horrible individuals.

Hopefully you can reach out to Spencer and this could be the start of cohesion once and for all.

Chris,

You know I respect you and value your participation. However, even after I provide you with evidence that Spencer has allowed my and David's name along with this community to be slandered, instead of agreeing with me, defending this community and arguing that they're in the wrong - you come back with something like "well, at least the moderators didn't join in the slug fest". What happened to your noble statement that you'd be the first one to defend us if such topics defaming me and this community existed on their forum?

My response to this topic was strictly to address comments about why we don't allow links back to any of Spencer's websites. To explain, a little bit of background was required. Had it just been a slash and dice topic against them, the moderators here wouldn't have bothered posting.

Frankly, telling me how great Bald Truth Talk is at promptly removing defamatory topics regarding our community is nonsense when a prominent topic including my and Dave's name with blatantaly false and slanderous statements remains on their forum. Where were you to defend us when this topic was first created?

Overall, I think both forums operate in relative peace...but I can't in good conscience allow links back to any of his websites when it's clear he allows demonstrably false posts on his forum that defame me, Dave and this community.

Bill