Problems accessing - baldtruth

socates123

Bill,

I appreciate what you are saying as I see it from your side. I just wish that everyone could get along, as I see this as a potential opportunity for peace between you guys in my opinion. I respect you and value your opinion very much along with Dave and Blake. You all do a great job.

I only joined the forums in late October 2011 when the topic was locked. I was a newbie to it all then and I knew nothing about the differences between forums. That topic all happened before my time. I was not able to defend you even if I could have. If I had been informed back then and even active online, I would have definitely defended you. If such a topic came up now, I'd be willing to support and defend you. I only want to help Hair Restoration Network and I believe you know this to be true.

I appreciate there maybe some unresolved differences between sites which have occurred over a long period of time which is a shame, and as previously mentioned, I don't know all the ins and outs and I don't wish to either. I see the remarkable help and guidance both your sites provide hair loss patients, which is what it's all about in my opinion- the patients.

I really do hope moving forward you can all look to providing each other the same courtesy of not allowing disparaging content about each others character, businesses, websites etc. In my opinion, can the past not be the past, as otherwise it restricts moving forward and knowing you Bill, I think you would agree?

Edited by chrisdav

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I registered at bald truth as well, never even made a post yet and got banned the very next day.. Oh well...

Amen to that. They are not a very welcoming or open-minded community over there. I mean at least they don't try to lie about it; they tell you outright in their user agreement and also in their subsequent emails about why they banned you without trying to justify it - and it's their forum, so they can make whatever rules and run it however they want. But it's not my kind of place. Way too locked-down.

As far as the ideal balance between prioritizing the enforcement of censorship rules and anti-predatory precautions, versus valuing of freedom of speech and expression and placing the burden of research and decision-making more on the users, their priorities just seem to fall on the opposite end of the spectrum as this forum's somewhat more liberal priorities. Which could arguably be viewed as lazy moderating; rather than aggressively suppressing speech, deleting posts at a whim without warning, and insta-banning people, at least the HRN forum's moderators evaluate things and give a fair trial, and treat people like people. It's my opinion that TBT forums are a bit too insecure, paranoid, and control-obsessed - but although this stems from my actual personal experience, it's still just my opinion.

Also, this isn't a case of one forum turning a member of theirs against another forum; HRN did nothing in this situation except go about their business like normal; HRN didn't galvanize me against TBT forums - TBT forums did that themselves with their aggressive behavior. I approached the forum with a positive outlook, hoping to expand my knowledge and community membership, and it was like walking into a social club trying to be friendly, and immediately being accosted and thrown out for doing things that would be fine on almost any other forum (and I've belonged to a lot of different forums in the past twelve years). I kinda feel bad for the people who only know about TBT forums, and consequently think there's no other way to belong to an HT-related community without adhering to censorship requirements roughly on par with those of, say, Feudal Japan.

Edited by OtherSyde