Bar Raising Result/Dr. Hasson/5820 Grafts/One Surgery/5 Years

Hasson & Wong is a destination clinic with approximately 80% of our patients coming from all over the US and Europe. The problem with this is that it is difficult to gather high quality photos and video to document the final results that we are producing.

Recently Dr. Hasson and I took a tour of Europe to conduct consultations. We traveled to Rome, Milan, Madrid then London. This is always a very hectic trip and even after eight visits over the past four years I still find it exhausting. We routinely see close to 250 people on each visit to Europe. The payoff however is that we get to see many of our past patients and we can take photos and video. Below is one such patient.

This (then) 25 year old patient from Madrid had surgery with Dr. Hasson five years ago. Before he arrived he had been on a mixture of Rogaine, Propecia, and other items thought to prevent or reverse hair loss. In the end he realized that the only way to get what we wanted was to have hair restoration surgery with Dr. Hasson. He ditched his usual mix of products but maintained his use of Propecia.

The patient stated that he noticed his hair loss at age 20 and it rapidly progressed for the next few years until he became a NW6 (diffused). The patient stated the following during his initial consultation,

I would wish to enjoy my hair now that I'm relatively young and I do not wish to wait until I am 30, 35, 40, 45 and suffer until then.

Dr. Hasson and team placed 5280 grafts in a single session for the result you see below. There are a few points to note about this result. First, obviously, is the size. 5820 is a large session but is not uncommon in our hands. As far as we know we are the only clinic to routinely perform such sized sessions with at least one or two a week.

Second of note is the hairline. I have included a larger sized image to allow for a close up of the frontal hairline. Notice the angle at which the hairs exit the recipient scalp. As the grafts are placed further toward the front of the scalp the angle becomes flatter but there is an overall flow to the way all of the hairs are angled. There is no cross latching of misdirected angles causing an unnatural appearance.

Finally, we did not close the temples as this was not necessary. The design we gave him at 25 still serves him well today at the age of 30. The temple angles are what would be found on a normal adult male without hair loss but the density is what gives his face a strong frame and a younger appearance. The back was not placed at a similar density as this would not allow for full coverage.

Be sure to click on the yellow frame at the top of each image to see the full sized, full detailed version. The final image is ten days post-op to show the placement.

01884_6b6dd1_94c44d.jpg

01886_c16b78_d4c747.jpg

01891_a447a0_f8847c.jpg

01894_ca0b77_0e4d73.jpg

01899_6fb1a2_6e761d.jpg

01903_d694bf_05d898.jpg

01905_04e29e_a1b1fb.jpg

01908_9a6cb2_e3ad56.jpg

01910_293093_3cbe5b.jpg

02627_87020e_118c34.jpg

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Great result. The front is pretty aggressive without closed corners (like mine) so I like to see what my potential could be if I ever need it. The guy is lucky to have such high sides and crown. Excellent result that is standing the test of time.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Fantastic!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 1 year later...

Very impressive but I wonder how much Propecia aided in his hair restoration. How long had he been on it at the time of the preop pics? Considering he was only 20 and had recently lost massive amounts of hair, it's possible propecia helped him susbstantially.

This is a beautiful result no matter how you look at it. If the meds helped then all the better for him.

Very impressive but I wonder how much Propecia aided in his hair restoration. How long had he been on it at the time of the preop pics? Considering he was only 20 and had recently lost massive amounts of hair, it's possible propecia helped him susbstantially.

Rootz,

He had started losing his hair five years before the procedure and he had already been on Propecia for most of that time. I'm sure it helped to at least a small degree but it had little to no bearing on the final result from surgery as he had already been on it for quite some time.

Win and Janna, thank you for your comments.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Rootz,

He had started losing his hair five years before the procedure and he had already been on Propecia for most of that time. I'm sure it helped to at least a small degree but it had little to no bearing on the final result from surgery as he had already been on it for quite some time.

Wow, so I agree it would seem most if not all the difference in the pictures is from the HT. Very impressive result.

What about some love for the guy that bumped it?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.