Best Surgeon in Los Angeles?

JMoore

Looking to do an FUE procedure in the Los Angeles area and have been recommended to see Dr. Benham and Dr. Umar for consultations. I hear and read a lot about Dr. Rassman as well. Looking for some guidance on who to use. Have had 2 strip procedures in the past and was not that pleased with either so I would only do FUE at this point.

Did your donor scar turn out ok from your past procedures?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

My scar is ok. I have definitely seen worse, but I'm not pleased with it. I also have a visible line where my hair is thinner. So like a lot of men with scars, its something I'm considering filling in. That is why I'm only looking at FUE.

My scar is ok. I have definitely seen worse, but I'm not pleased with it. I also have a visible line where my hair is thinner. So like a lot of men with scars, its something I'm considering filling in. That is why I'm only looking at FUE.

Yes I agree that FUE is the best option considering your situation.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Stay away from Dr. Ziering, whose clinic is on the Sunset Strip. I had a consultation with him last summer and he kept taking about celebrities but this did not impress me and his patient adviser was pushing me so hard to go for a surgery and he tried every thing to undermine other surgeons such as Dr. Feller, H&W and Dr. Rahal.

Really sorry that your strips were not that successful and wish all all the luck with your future surgery. I don't know if you could please tell us with whom you had your strips.

Thanks Since 13! Appreciate the tip. The scar issue occurred after seeing a doctor in Canada. Like I said, its not horrible, but its not great either. I just want to do FUE instead.

No word on Umar or Benham? Anyone?

Book a consultation with Dr John Diep. You can tell that he nerds out on FUE and that is exactly what you need when it come to performing that sort of surgery

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Hey JMoore,

Hope you find the right doctor to help you in your situation. I'm from LA as well and know how aggravating it can be in a city where everyone judges each other based on looks. This was the main reason why I had my procedure as well. My confidence was down and I just didn't feel good about myself. When I was first considering a transplant, I visited Dr. Mohebi at his office located in Encino. The staff was warming and the doctor himself was insanely educated about hair transplantation. Although the same can be said about different clinics, Dr. Mohebi took over an hour explaining and educating me about hair loss and hair restoration. Not to mention the extra time he took answering all of my questions and concerns. This is how I knew I wanted to have my procedure done with him. When searching for your doctor, make sure you choose someone with the same level of passion who will sit with you and thoroughly guide you in the right direction.

Furthermore, An FUE may seem like a good choice for you since you've had the two strip procedures and probably wouldn't want to go through with that again. Do you mind if I ask why the results of your last two procedures were unpleasing?

Edited by Anthony23

Stay away from Dr. Ziering, whose clinic is on the Sunset Strip. I had a consultation with him last summer and he kept taking about celebrities but this did not impress me and his patient adviser was pushing me so hard to go for a surgery and he tried every thing to undermine other surgeons such as Dr. Feller, H&W and Dr. Rahal.

Really sorry that your strips were not that successful and wish all all the luck with your future surgery. I don't know if you could please tell us with whom you had your strips.

Dr. Craig Ziering was formerly with Medical Hair Restoration (MHR), and based out of NYC for quite a while. He started with MHR in Chicago and later re-located for them in NYC. He subsequently moved all the way to the West Coast. :rolleyes:

MHR was bought out by their biggest chain competitor, Bosley, who acquired them several years ago. This is why we do not hear about the MHR horror stories anymore IMHO.

It does not appear that his business practices have changed very much IMHO as we continue to hear these type of testimonials. :rolleyes:

Gillenator

• 11 months later...

I personally would look to Europe for FUE. In my opinion, the surgeons in europe(Lorenzo, erdogan, bisanga, mwamba etc) are the top tier FUE surgeons in the whole world. I would not go for anything less when it comes to a procedure like FUE. That is all i will say on the matter here unless someone wants me to elaborate. All the best with your decision and procedure.

Thanks Since 13! Appreciate the tip. The scar issue occurred after seeing a doctor in Canada. Like I said, its not horrible, but its not great either. I just want to do FUE instead.

No word on Umar or Benham? Anyone?

I can recommend Umar, he did for me what not a single doctor on this forum could have, he repaired me using beard hair and an extremely limited amount of scalp hair (less than 1500 grafts, including nape hair)

I would, of course, recommend anyone to do a thorough amount of research before choosing someone, but most impressive to me was having a natural looking hairline for the first time in almost 20 years. FUE was able to harvest scalp and nape hair that was unavailable from a strip surgery, and I too would definitely recommend FUE. After that he was able to hide the 'mini grafts' of 90's infamy.

IMO, strip surgery will soon be obsolete, and as new doctors begin to join the ranks of those practicing FUE, there is going to be alot of guys out there seeking repair from inexperienced surgeons giving subpar results. Good luck on your search and whomever you choose.

• 10 months later...

I took a meeting with Ziering too. There was something impersonal about the meeting and his style.

Which ultimately led me to Dr. Parsa Mohebi. Someone else on this thread said how educated he was, and yeah, he blew me away with his knowledge and made me feel so comfortable with his personal style. I've done multiple procedures with him at this point. I can highly highly recommend him. You won't go wrong.