Dr. Rahal 3446 graft STRIP

alexiodg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the situation is a little bit improved than last month. I will wait the 5 month to make a comment of the situation of the shockloss.

Alex

Imagination is more important than knowledge

1mg Propecia

Rogaine Foam

MSM complex

Multivitaminics

Omega3

Your scar looks better than last month for sure. It's just a bit of shockloss which is quite common. Rahal is a great doctor and it will come good in a few months. I would suggest using some naogen or dermatch to cover the areas of concern just now.

Propecia since July 2008

2201 Grafts with Dr Lorenzo on 19.10.22 - See my write up here:

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

the situation 4 months post op is:

- shock loss is going away slowly: for me the important thing is that it is going away, I compared the situation with the beginning and I see good progress;

- the transplanted hairs are growing slowly, but I think it is normal after 4 months. Anyway I'm seeing progress from the beginning.

here is the update 4 month post op:

Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients

back%20left_1.jpg

back%20right.jpg

front_1.jpg

left.jpg

top_1.jpg

righ.jpg

Alex

1mg Propecia

Rogaine Foam

MSM complex

Multivitaminics

Omega3

Alexiodog

I wish you the very best and I see you recipient area will be fantastic... I hope its only shock loss and not a stretched scar... All the best

You only live once...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a bald patch in the scar line just like that from Rahal, 3+ years post-op. Dr's recommendation was to go back and "cut it out".

I rely on Dermatch now to paint it black, and scar is visible at a 6 clip.

I really hope that the OP's situation is temporary shockloss...

Do you really? Or do you (as many suspect I imagine) actually hope it doesn't so it can be construed as supporting this fanatical 'FUE is the saviour' crusade that you're on?

There is a guy on here now that is suffering from pretty bad shock from FUE, everyone is different. I too hope it is temporary. I think he will have a great outcome. I am going to PM him to see how it is going.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I had FUE, and post op I had MAJOR diffused shock loss everywhere on my head. My hair was coming out literally in clumps, and I decided to get a buzz cut because it was a little too traumatic to witness. I looked worse than pre-procedure. But it did recover (i think).

• 2 weeks later...

6 months post op

hairgrow is running good. I am happy about it, but not for the shockloss that is still evident.

16365.jpg

16366.jpg

16367.jpg

16368.jpg

16369.jpg

16370.jpg

16371.jpg

16372.jpg

16374.jpg

Alex

1mg Propecia

Rogaine Foam

MSM complex

Multivitaminics

Omega3

For 3500 grafts, I think you are getting a great result in the recipient, however, It would be quite upsetting to have that kind of donor shock loss. Are you seeing in the last few months?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

the shockloss started just after the removal of the sutures (2 weeks post transplant)

Alex

1mg Propecia

Rogaine Foam

MSM complex

Multivitaminics

Omega3

The growth looks superb for just 6 months, no problems there. And your pics are brutally honest, unlike how many clinics post their post-ops with the hair combed to the side to make it look even fuller. A bit of styling, some hair products and you would never have guessed you had ever experienced hairloss.

The scar/ shock loss however is disappointing and I feel for you. Do you have any pics of your original scar from your first procedure?

I am sorry, I meant to say are you seeing any new growth in the shocked region in the last few months.

View Spanker's Website

the hair growth looks great ! but id be pissed with that type of shock loss in the back, i also have some shock loss in the donor scar, im at 3 month,, if its still a prob in a year then id look into smp, that would fix it right up, but in my opinion that shock loss is worth it considering the great gains u maid in the front, congrats