24 years old advice

Hi

I am 24 years old have been noticing hairloss since 16. Does my apperance look bad?

I have attached a few pictures for your thoughts/ opinions on my situation.

I am currently taking Propecia to stabalise my hairloss and have done for 1 year.

0.1.jpg.46c535eaa9ae26918d2dbc4b992fac08.jpg

0.2.jpg.03a964e6bacd52475261fc4460fa4a65.jpg

0.3.jpg.50cc3961cf51fa81e86c4709da5b2a74.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg.06dd29b3ce101ed5c475387b6c38dded.jpg

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.jpg.0a17b8e03402c6d7e8e8b571da757233.jpg

5b32d6c7f1512_picture4.jpg.a1f19fbd47a47ab79e6896b3280f4448.jpg

ad.jpg.1075c55f4c2435fa652276bc3b1b99dd.jpg

Edited by 2hillpark

I think you're doing the right thing - stabilizing and halting the current loss, and investigating a restorative option for the future.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

It only looks bad if you want a hairline like Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt.

You have the same problem as me - a high hairline - although mine has thinned out down the centre (aged 34) whereas yours looks pretty solid.

Maybe you could try a change of haircut. For me I have no choice as my hair is incredibly dry and straight and can't be styled without gels/sprays.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

You have good density and a high hairline, Your hair itself looks great, and someone said you could do well with a new hair stylist, I agree. Do not rush into a HT! You are likely to create more issues than you currently have now, and your obsession with your hair will go up by a factor of 10.

1) Stabilize your hair loss with medication, if you feel you need to do something. My own opinion is if you are not losing hair in the crown area meds may be a waste of money.

2) Research physicians who are proficient in FUE, as scarless is the way to go

3) Keep researching.

4) Reevaluate in one year.

In short, no surgery for one year after being on meds, if you choose to use meds. I would not recommend surgery to anyone with your level of hairloss and at your age, and a minimum of one year of research and evaluation and/or use of finasteride/rogaine should be mandatory. That's my opinion.

You have good density and a high hairline, Your hair itself looks great, and someone said you could do well with a new hair stylist, I agree. Do not rush into a HT! You are likely to create more issues than you currently have now, and your obsession with your hair will go up by a factor of 10.

1) Stabilize your hair loss with medication, if you feel you need to do something. My own opinion is if you are not losing hair in the crown area meds may be a waste of money.

3) Keep researching.

In short, no surgery for one year after being on meds, if you choose to use meds. I would not recommend surgery to anyone with your level of hairloss and at your age, and a minimum of one year of research and evaluation and/or use of finasteride/rogaine should be mandatory. That's my opinion.

Solid advice.

3) Keep researching.

This is great advice. My hairline began to look like yours when I hit my late 30's. I got on Propecia and things stabilized alot... somewhere between a NW2 and a NW3. I waited 8 years after starting Propecia before I finally pulled the trigger... a 2200 graft FUT procedure with Dr. Lindsey just last Friday to redefine my hairline. Take your time, stabilize, research, and get really clear on what you want.

Best of luck!

I totally concur with the advice you have gotten so far on this thread. Propecia to stabilize and then you need to do "watchful waiting" and reevaluate from time to time. I think your hair looks pretty solid although the "bed-head" look isn't doing you any favors. A "Ceasar" might work for you but you're looking good so no worries at this point mate. Some people say that Propecia really kicks in after 1 year so you may yet see some more improvement from it. Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...