Dr. Tykocinski | 1 Session (Megasession) | 5055 Grafts |11748 Hairs | 1 year

Sorry! But I expected far much more from this 5000 grafts. I think this applies to the other two case you've just posted.

It reminds me of Minoxidil and Propecia 'moderate' results.

Not impressed at all!

Dr. Tykocinski,

Thanks for presenting these repair pictures. I think the community as a whole would like to learn more about this case. This patient clearly had previous pluggy work in the crown. Were any of the old grafts re-distributed or was follicular unit transplantation used strictly to camouflage the area. How was the patient's hair characteristics? Also, since transplanted hair sometimes doesn't grow as well in areas of scarring, how do you feel about the overall growth yield?

Thanks for all the great work you do and I look forward to learning more about this case.

Best wishes,

Bill

If I am a prospective patient, I avoid this group. They post a case that has very little information on graft distribution, patient's situation, etc.. After photos are not consistent: lighting, hair brushed differently, etc.. Why bother posting at all?

If I am a prospective patient, I avoid this group. They post a case that has very little information on graft distribution, patient's situation, etc.. After photos are not consistent: lighting, hair brushed differently, etc.. Why bother posting at all?

Cannot agree more;)

Guys,

In Dr. Tykocinski's defense, I'm pretty sure it's his webmaster posting these photos and not the clinic. They previously contacted me about updating his Coalition profile with new photos and I also suggested they present them here.

I'll send an email to the doc and encourage him or a member of his staff to personally weigh in.

While we may not have enough information on this result, I do want to say that I've always been impressed with Dr. Tykocinski, his ultra refined results and his dedication to his patients.

Best wishes,

Bill

Guys,

In Dr. Tykocinski's defense, I'm pretty sure it's his webmaster posting these photos and not the clinic. They previously contacted me about updating his Coalition profile with new photos and I also suggested they present them here.

I'll send an email to the doc and encourage him or a member of his staff to personally weigh in.

While we may not have enough information on this result, I do want to say that I've always been impressed with Dr. Tykocinski, his ultra refined results and his dedication to his patients.

Best wishes,

Bill

I hope that my posts are not considered to hold any sort of attack on his work. I'm just sick and tired of some clinics who think that we are blind and ignorant. We know that a hair transplant does not give a head full of hair. So, they better post real post-op pictures without changing any thing that makes their work looks better.

In this particular case, even after changing the lightning and angle, it is still not impressive! With all due respect!

5000 grafts and can still see the plugs? If it is indeed a web guy posting for the clinic, mistake or no mistake, it wont take too many of these to influence potential clients to "shop" elsewhere without any future consideration for the Dr!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 4 months later...

Dear members of the Forum,

It is always good to hear different opinions.

Yes, for sure we expect more from 5.000 FUs, including me. I always expect the maximum for my patients. But just to let you know, the patient is very happy. He lived with that terrible plugs for years and now they are minimally visible. Some considerations:

1- The patient has dark hair and light scalp, making high contrast.

2- The hair is thin, producing less volume and coverage.

3- The centre of the spiral, in the vertex, is technically hard to get greater density. Like a circular parking lot: in the centre the distance from car to car will be bigger if you try to park the cars in a spiral pattern.

4- we placed 5.000 FUs over 200 cm2, what creates a density of 25 FUs/cm2, that is not big enough and far from the desired 40 FUs/cm2 to create cosmetic density. Thats exactly the problem of the crowd: It is harder to create bigger densities in just one session, no matter how big the session is.

5- The skin texture was really thick and hard, making dense packing even harder.

6- He did not want to correct the plugs before the surgery.

7- The grafts placed by our team looks natural. That is what we do.

Correction cases can be sometimes a nightmare for us. We do the best we can. But yes, I wish I could do much more, not just in hair, but also in justice, education, peace, love, etc.

Also the idea was to present a sample of real results not just the top top ones. That is how life is: real.

But now, with a small session (2.000) just to increase the density in the centre we can achieve the desired final result.

Thanks for the attention and for the comments. For sure you motivate us to go even further, and I appreciate that.

Arthur Tykocinski

I don't think this is a terrible result if you look at the whole head it appears grafts were not only place in the crown, and that is confirmed with the doctor stating the area covered was 200 cm2. I think it is always good to post immediate post-op photos so everyone can clearly see the areas that were worked on.

That was a lot of ground to cover, even with 5k grafts. His hairline/frontal area looks much improved and he has decent crown coverage in what was a vast area. I do agree that immediate post-op pictures are great for showing the whole story and would be especially useful in this case.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I agree with the clinic. That was a huge nw6 area that was covered. I think that the pt should have chosen to redistribute the plugs first for an optimal result but he chose not to. For the options that the clinic had, seems like a good result to me. 5000 is a nice amount of grafts for the frontal 2/3 but not a crazy amount for full coverage.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.