I did it! 1745 grafts with Dr Wong

cimbom

Hello,

Some of you may remember me (27yo female) from my posts last year. Well I finally had the surgery on Jan 10. I flew all the way from Australia but had a 10 night holiday in Hawaii with my husband beforehand which made the journey more easy to manage.

Dr Wong said he was surprised with the density in my donor area as he was expecting to only get 1500. Maybe I am a bit naive but post op is more painful/uncomrtable than I thought! It definitely gets easier to deal with and I am now at the stage where I can even ignore it alot of the time.

I don't feel comfortable posting pics (I may in a few months) but just thought I'd post an update in case any of you were interested. Dr Wong was very friendly and understanding as were the rest of the staff at the clinic. We will have to wait and see how it all goes!

All the best to those who are considering surgery or have recently taken the plunge. I hope the results are what you wish for :)

Congratulations cimbom. You seem like you really did your homework. Hope it all works out.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

cimbom,

Congratulations on your recent hair transplant with Dr. Wong. He not only an outstanding physician, but very genuine and deeply cares about his patients.

If you would like any help posting photos with your face cropped, feel free to email me your pictures at help@hairtransplantnetwork.com. I'll then crop your photos and send them back to you. You can then post the ones you are most comfortable with.

Otherwise, hopefully you will feel more comfortable sharing your photos in a few months when the growth starts.

I look forward to hearing about and seeing your progress in the months to come.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks for the support. I'm currently at 7 days post-op. I can't wait until I get to the 2 weeks post op stage so my staples will be removed and I can resume normal styling, showers with full water pressure and slowly starting to sleep on my side without feeling worried :P

I have thought about it a bit and think I will email Dr Wong for the pre-op photos in a few days and put them up here. I have realised that I have probably been over-sensitive and paranoid about my hair loss over recent years. It isn't something I should feel ashamed about so I think putting the pics up will help a lot with that.

Bill - I agree with your assessment of Dr Wong. I was a bit unsure as to how I wanted one part of my hairline and he patiently worked with me to come up with something I was comfortable and happy with. The technicians and other staff were also very friendly. Well worth travelling to the other side of the world for :)

I am quite lucky that I was able to organise a good amount of leave off work. I am returning in 11 days which will give me enough time to have the staples removed and for everything to be settled down and comfortable.

Wow, that's a long surgery. I thought my 5 or so hours were long. Hope everything turns out well for you.

I'm feeling great now. Got the staples removed today which made me a bit more comfortable. Now just need to wait for the results :)

Mickey85, When is your FUE repair surgery with Feriduni? I remember that its in January!!!

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Mickey85, When is your FUE repair surgery with Feriduni? I remember that its in January!!!

Hey champ, had to postpone it, I'll explain to you when we talk next. Looking at May date now.

The staple removal was fine. There were a few that had a slight stinging pain but nothing to be concerned about. My donor area still feels a bit sore but I guess this will improve over the coming days

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly 3 weeks post-op today. Seems like the donor area is healing as I've noticed it is getting less sore. I've started to do my usual styling routine and use styling products. Feeling a bit anxious about the results but still have a long wait to go.

congrats on the op and choosing a good doc.

i was just yesterday wondering what had happened to you as i saw one of your old posts, but i am glad a fellow aussie has done the research and had op overseas.

happy growing.

congrats on the op and choosing a good doc.

i was just yesterday wondering what had happened to you as i saw one of your old posts, but i am glad a fellow aussie has done the research and had op overseas.

happy growing.

Thanks jollyfolly. It didn't make sense to have it locally when I paid for the surgery plus flights to North America for the same price that I would have paid to have the surgery done in Australia with a not so great doctor. Not worth the risk really

• 3 months later...