17 year time lapse. Impressive dedication.

Spanker

Not sure if the mods will allow this link. It is non promotional and purely educational. It is a time lapse from around 31 to 48.

If the link gets deleted just google 17 year time lapse and post your comments below. The dedication to do this is pretty impressive. His crown doesn't open up until about age 44, and then the ball drops. I imagine he was likely not on fin and did not do this for a hair loss experiment, but I think the board will find it interesting.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

That was great. Thanks for sharing. He pulled off a lot of different hair styles pretty well. He even looks good with a shaved head and certainly doesn't appear to be insecure about his hair loss. Over 2 million people viewed that huge bald spot!

I'm going to be honest, I was scared silly after viewing that video approximately one year ago (it was highlighted on Dr. Rassman's baldingblog). I actually showed it to all the HT surgeons that I visited, because it seemed to counter the received knowledge of the HT field (your hair loss pattern should be clearly visible by the age of 30 and the balding process slows down after 40).

All of the HT surgeons stated that this type of balding is quite rare from their immense experience, but it does happen.

But say it does occur, how do you even plan for this type of scenario other than religiously taking finasteride?

For example, he was clearly a solid Norwood 3 from the ages of 30-40. For me, I thought this warranted a hair transplant, so I did. At 40, he starts to thin in the crown. Now, I'm vain, so I would elect to have another transplant into the crown. It seems that 1000-2000 grafts might be enough to cover that small thinning area with reasonable density. But then at 44, the crown loss becomes enormous. So now, I'm left with a bull's eye effect in the crown.

Now, maybe finansteride will mitigate these unforeseen scenarios, but maybe not. I don't have extensive balding in my family, so again, maybe I don't have to worry as much, but sometimes I wonder, what if?

There is something much worse than balding (IMHO)...and that's an unnatural balding pattern (e.g. bull's eye effect) due to human intervention.

Hair transplant #1 FUT - February 22, 2012

Bosley Philadelphia - Dr. Michael J. Cornwell

Philadelphia, PA, USA

~1500 grafts

Hair transplant #2 FUT - December 13, 2012

Rahal Hair Restoration - Dr. H. Rahal

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

1827 grafts

Breakdown upcoming

ProteinPeep's Hair Transplant Blog

• 3 years later...

Bumping this because it's so interesting. There is a part 2 below. He hasnt posted anything in 4 years so I'm not sure if he js still doing it, still alive, or what. Crazy dedication though.

The guys crown doesnt really open up til 40 something and you can kind of see his retrograde alopecia at work on this one. It does kind of blow your mind.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Bumping this because it's so interesting. There is a part 2 below. He hasnt posted anything in 4 years so I'm not sure if he js still doing it, still alive, or what. Crazy dedication though.

The guys crown doesnt really open up til 40 something and you can kind of see his retrograde alopecia at work on this one. It does kind of blow your mind.

Well, finally I understand what retrograde alopecia is. Thankful to not have it

3185 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 2/17/16

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/182611-fut-3185-dr-rahal-day-after-pics.html

1204 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 3/27/17

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/186586-round-2-rahal-1204-fut-frontal-third-same-area.html

---> total of 4389 grafts to my frontal third via FUT

---> 1mg finasteride daily since 1999:)

Well, finally I understand what retrograde alopecia is. Thankful to not have it

No you dont.

View Spanker's Website

The main thing I take from this video is that the guy was completely comfortable in his own skin. He was smart enough to understand that he would age and accepted it as just an inevitable part of life. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that would even consider a transplant. I am jealous of people that can just accept it and move on and live what life they have left without strings. Life has several cruel jokes in store for us all as we age. Notice that as he lost his hair on his head that the body hair started to grow on his neck and shoulder area. Sad thing about life is time never loses it gets us all in the end.

Edited by JON86

Well the HRN helped me regain my hairline and maintain my mid-scap and crown, but you guys never warned me about "monkey ear" ! :D

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

The main thing I take from this video is that the guy was completely comfortable in his own skin. He was smart enough to understand that he would age and accepted it as just an inevitable part of life. He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that would even consider a transplant. I am jealous of people that can just accept it and move on and live what life they have left without strings. Life has several cruel jokes in store for us all as we age. Notice that as he lost his hair on his head that the body hair started to grow on his neck and shoulder area. Sad thing about life is time never loses it gets us all in the end.

In my experience from losing friends early in life, time only gets us if we are lucky enough to live that long.

View Spanker's Website

In my experience from losing friends early in life, time only gets us if we are lucky enough to live that long.

Very true. Old age sucks but it's better than the alternative.

That's a really powerful video. Incredible dedication from him to keep it up all those years.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.