RAPHAEL84 2 Month Update Dr Rahal

Raphael84

Here I am at 2 months post op. I can say with honesty that it has been a pretty LONG 2 months. But, I'm happy to be this far out. Hopefully, I am at least half way out of the dreaded doldrum/ugly duckling stage, but I am so over wearing a hat every time I leave the house.

Just last week, I shaved down to a number 3 clip. I really wasn't sure if it was the best way to go, as the hair length was finally starting to help conceal my scar. But, I was also starting to look more ridiculous by the day sporting the clown look, with longer hair at the back and sides and nothing on top. I'm glad that I did shave down, as I instantly felt better, but obviously this made the scar more visible again.

I suppose I am exactly where expected at only 2 months out. The slightly negative thought would be that I would have liked to be a bit nearer my pre op situation at this point, but after comparing photos, I am still some way from this. This could be down to having suffered shockloss in this area, perhaps some being permanent. Parts of my scalp are very dry, drier than I have ever known. But surprisingly, not on the recipient area nor the scar. It is more so in the area of scalp in between those two zones. I have been using Nizarol on this area only, and have been using moisturiser occasionally, again only on a small area of scalp that was not touched, to try and help with the dryness. I believe that I am slowly getting it under control. My scar still appears to be quite red, and I still have a few areas of shockloss along the scar, which I am hoping will improve over the next month. Comparing my current situation to the 1 month photos shows that some native hairs have returned on top, more so than these photos display. The recipient area remains similarly red at this stage. I have the odd pimple, one which has arrived in perfect timing with these photographs. Brilliant!

At 2 months out, I have no pain or other complications. I feel that when "settled", the scar will be pencil thin and a complete non issue, which is very pleasing. I think that I am right where I should be and am trying to stay as relaxed, patient and positive about everything. Am hoping the scar, shock loss and native hair steadily improves over the next month, and then hopefully the first signs of new growth wont be too far away :)

The last photo posted, shows my donor area before shaving down, and I think it shows that the scar was much better concealed with longer hair. You can clearly see the areas that have experienced shock loss along the scar when my hair is shorter.

Any recommendations to help with the red recipient area and/or the redness of the scar would be welcomed. I hear that some use vitamin E oil occasionally on the scar at this stage?

DSCN1329.jpg.d7fcb87b033636b584cf809f02c895ec.jpg

DSCN1339.jpg.7998fa5c1b575639b8d1d6eb93db6b27.jpg

DSCN1340.jpg.f6d9d4f9a3255e736179008b72e50556.jpg

DSCN1349.jpg.ad1b33cdd14666e0aa1fbc5536f2e426.jpg

DSCN1362.jpg.41871f9396d2843efb16879fa9559466.jpg

RSCN1356.jpg.d633c6d62ff77c85cc94b519a6fe654f.jpg

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Raphael looking very much on track and noticeable improvement already in the donor area on last month. Worth looking back to Sirius' pics at 2 months, very similar and should help you feel more positive about the good times ahead ;)

Hey Raph. Looking good! I'm a few weeks behind you and dealing with similar issues. I've been keeping my hair longer than usual and that has made it easier to cover the donor area. I didn't have to shave my head for the procedure so that was a big help. I've been using Maderma scar cream on my scar and the redness has been gradually fading. Hang in there! We're in for some great things.

It has been 3 weeks since my ht. Think positive and at least you are at the 2 month mark. I am getting tired of wearing the hat outside but the future looks bright for us. Thanks for the progress report.

2900 FUT with Dr. Alexander on 11-19-12

Hey Raph,

2 months post op is probably the worst stage to be in. Keep in mind that when you shave down, your hair looks thinner.

Guys, thanks for all the comments and feedback. Already, just 4/5 days after my 2 month post. I am glad to report that the irritating dryness of my scalp has subsided, and those areas feel good and healthy again which is a relief. I could be a little premature with this, or maybe I'm just having a good positive day, but it seems as though the areas of shockloss along my scar may be at the first stages of filling in also.

As Janna and Aaron said, months 2 certainly blows. Looking forward to at least looking somewhat normal shortly. And I really hope that NEWHAIRPLEASE is correct regarding dramatic improvement over the next 2 months!

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 1 month later...

Looking good mate, any updates? I have similar enough characteristics to you so would be very interested to see how you are progressing!

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Hey Johnny,

Things are coming along great. I am a day over 4 months out now, so am due an update. I have just this morning taken new photographs, and will be posting a new 4 month update with photos later today. Let me know what you think! Are you considering Rahal?

Hey Johnny,

Things are coming along great. I am a day over 4 months out now, so am due an update. I have just this morning taken new photographs, and will be posting a new 4 month update with photos later today. Let me know what you think! Are you considering Rahal?

Raphael, I'm booked with Rahal May 15th. Cant wait to your updates fella.

Hey Johnny,

Yes, or to put it differently......I'm considering all my options! :)

Travelling to Belgium next month (I'm in Ireland) to 3 or 4 docs there but either way, I've pretty much convinced myself that I'm getting a procedure done this summer.

Right now I'm just doing as much research as possible. It's actually beginning to annoy me at how much time I'm spending on these forums! :P

I think my decision will come down to what procedure I'm happier to go with. If I go with FUE, I'll probably stick to Europe. If I go strip, I'll probably go to the US if I don't go with Feriduni (have loved some of the work I've seen from the likes of Rahal and Konior, but Feller and Lindsey also impress). Decisions decisions.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3