6 Months Later after FUE and only showing 15-20% growth! bit worried!

Hairybadger

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Hairybadger,

From your recent photos, it appears that your recipient area ended up with lots of scarring and little growth. The recipient area also appears to still be rather inflamed, which would be unusual at this stage. You really ought to consider consulting with one or more of this site's Coalition docs or Recommended docs who practice FUE for a second opinion before letting the doc who performed this procedure have a second go at you. Key questions to ask include: Was the result due to some physiological anomaly that makes you a poor candidate for further ht work? Or, rather, was the (what appears to be) excessive scarring and poor yield caused by faulty technique or practice of your ht surgeon? Can your apparently unsuccessful transplant be repaired, either via FUE or FUT? How many grafts would a repair require? Can you expect acceptable yield of grafts implanted into your scar tissue?

Best of luck!

I am not sure if I should name my Dr, will I get in trouble for that? I had about 4 techs working on me.

No you wont get into trouble at all. Why would you ? All you are doing is documenting your results ( or lack of ) and informing us who did it. We know the who the clinic is. They woudnt complain if you were on here saying how great your results were, so they have no right to complain now.

The only person who has the right to complain is you. But i do understand if you dont want to. With that clinic, the chances are pretty high that the surgeons name would not be familiar on here anyway. So maybe just wait untill 12 months. Then go from there. Good luck mate.

You really ought to consider consulting with one or more of this site's Coalition docs or Recommended docs who practice FUE for a second opinion before letting the doc who performed this procedure have a second go at you.

Agreed. Wait a bit, try to get a refund, then take your business elsewhere.

Dr Bhatty...Yes i have heard of him on a few other forums. Seems to also be a cosmetic surgeon aswell from what ive heard. So a bit of a jack of all trades. You wernt to tell. You are not the first. Many people arnt aware of forums such as this, so they just go with the first clinic they see in a magazine or advert, and many have come off far worse than you have. Usually it ends with an ear to ear scar at the back of their heads, thousands out of pocket and unatural looking growth, and it ruins their life. It happened to a good friend of mine. I nearly went with the Hospital Group about 7 years ago. I signed the paperwork all ready to go. Found the forums, then found the horror stories. So i said thanks but no thanks. Sadly i didnt find forums like these before i went to Advanced Hair Studio when i was 19, but thats another story.

My point is, i know it doesnt feel like it now but it could of been worse, a lot worse. As we said mate, wait the 12 months, go from there. Youve found this forum now, so thats a good thing. It will be ok mate.

Wait....they're not the same person? Guess I'm confused too.

I wish I had heard of this forum too, otherwise I would've gone for someone in the UK, so don't feel too down HB. I am currently at the research stage and looking at Belgium as they are regarded as being some of the best surgeons in Europe. Dr Bisanga, Dr Muwamba and Dr Feridouni. My only regret is I wasted alot of money at Advanced Hair Studio when I was young and didn't know any better. Thankfully it was non-surgical. Does anyone have an idea of how much the Belgium Doctors charge per graft? Guess it is time to start saving before taking the plunge so to speak.

my God.... I got confused between Dr. Bhatty (which you mentioned) and Dr. Bhatti (in India). Both sound similar.

Dr Mabroor Bhatty is a surgeon for Transform Medical Group in the UK which is where HB went to. As it says in their title, they are a medical group clinic that does a bit of everything.

Dr Tejinda Bhatti works for the Darling Buds Hair clinic in India, it looks to be a very good up and coming fue clinic.

Hi Guys,

I forgot to mention I went to see Dr Bhatty last week. That was the first time I have seen him since the op. Even he agreed that the results were dissapointing, however, he did advise me to wait the full year before we decide whether it's a failure or not.

I asked him what the possibilities of getting a refund would be and he said he didn't deal with the money side of things and he said I would need to take that matter up with the Clinic themselves.

It is a difficult spot, but thankfully no linear scar runs across your head. I agree Belgium (and Lorenzo in Spain) is the place to go. Forget about the UK. At least thoroughly check out your FUE options in those two places before you get talked into strip.

I also think that it is a difficult choice as to whether or you should mention your doctor's name. U can mention Bosley or Advanced Hair cause they are immune, but one of the known ones - you are going to damage his reputation online by anything less than glowing reports, and that may not put you disposed to favorable treatment, not only from him, but from other docs too. Is this being oversensitive? Often probably yes, but even so...

As FUE gets bigger and bigger we are going to see more and more mediocre results coming out in these forums. We will also hopefully see more, better and bigger results too, but just like strip, the elite are few, those catching up are trying and the 'entry level' and part-time guys are going to be churning out hit-and-miss or just rubbish, damaging people's lives and keeping the strip modality healthy way past it's bedtime.

Good luck. U came to a good place here.

I had an FUE operation on 1st June and here we are just over 6 months later and I only have about 15-20% growth. I am very disappointed and not very optimistic about it improving. I would have thought that after 6 months one should expect to see about 50% growth? I have been in touch with my Surgeon (whom I don't want to mention at this stage) who has told me that it is still early days yet and more will grow, however, I am not convinced as I look identical to what I did before the op.

To the OP, just curious and to be fair, do you have any possible contraindications that could be contributing to the result, such as diabetes, smoking, excessive alcohol ? I have heard that those things can affect the success rate, as well.

To the OP, just curious and to be fair, do you have any possible contraindications that could be contributing to the result, such as diabetes, smoking, excessive alcohol ? I have heard that those things can affect the success rate, as well.

Hi,

I don't have Diabetes, I do not smoke and I only drink on weekends. Overall I would say I am in perfectly good health so I cannot understand why it has not worked very well :(

Go to Turkey for FUE. I can vouch for their skill and experience.

A lot cheaper than elsewhere too.

I've done a full length thread on here to document my entire journey. You've been burnt once, so make sure it doesn't happen again.

Hope you get sorted out

Regards

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Any before shots? Did you notice a lot of remnants that could be pulled out with your fingers by now? They're the original implanted hairs and feel like stubble when you run your fingers over them. When you pull it out they look like "J" shaped hairs with no bulb attached.

Belgium, Spain and Turkey are at the forefront of FUE. If the big FUE sessions were as inconsistent as some like to say, how in the world would FUE exclusive Doctors like De Reys, Lorenzo, Erdogan and Umar stay in business? Surely upset patients and word of mouth would have killed their business. People blame the FUE method for bad results, but they don't look at the Doctor's responsible for the bad results. Alot(not all) of the bad FUE comes from no name clinics or cosmetic surgeons who have delved into hair transplantation because it is very financially lucrative and FUE is more inviting than FUT to potential clients.

Do good FUE doctors sometimes have bad FUE results? Of course! But let's not forget the FUT is not immune to bad yield either. But for some reason people don't blame the FUT method when the yield is an issue....

I had an FUE operation on 1st June and here we are just over 6 months later and I only have about 15-20% growth. I am very disappointed and not very optimistic about it improving. I would have thought that after 6 months one should expect to see about 50% growth? I have been in touch with my Surgeon (whom I don't want to mention at this stage) who has told me that it is still early days yet and more will grow, however, I am not convinced as I look identical to what I did before the op.

Hello HairyBadger;

I fully understand your angst looking at your photos. Of course it is true that you may be a slow grower as pointed out. There are some questions that I would like to ask.

1) Did you physcian conduct a FOX test prior to surgery?

2) What method of harvesting was used, robotic or manual device?

3) How many follicular units were transplanted?

4) Did you use finesteride pre-op?

5) Were you subscribed finesteride post-op?

6) Did you use a recommended surgeon from HTN?

6) Could you post a side by side photo from the same exact angle as your post op?

I appreciate your position and this information can be pertinent in your situation. All the Best, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

I asked him what the possibilities of getting a refund would be and he said he didn't deal with the money side of things and he said I would need to take that matter up with the Clinic themselves.

thats pathtic! he is a doctor at the clinic so of course he deals with the money side of things....:rolleyes:

he would be the equivilant of a partner at a law firm.

you should ask him if he is not involved with the money side of things ask him if he was involved in the money side of things when he got paid for his services when you paid the clinic for ur procedure. what a schmuck!

sorry to hear about ur lack of growth but fortunately there are many talented doctors within a few hours flight from you and u have plenty of donor hair available so its fixable.