Looking to have FUE sometime next year - Need advice PLEASE!

supermanvs

Hi All, I'm a first time poster but long time reader and have decided to take the plunge and get a hair transplant (FUE only as I scar easily).

I have a family history of MPB and have been thinning (crown and frontal) since my early twenties and I'm nearly 28 and have lost quite a lot in the last year or so. I'm using rogaine (for about two/three years) and but my hair is still falling out. I'm hoping to get about 1000 grafts put it first and then possibly have another treatment a few years after that?

I have about ?5000 (I know its not a lot) and I would like some advice on who to see (preferably in Europe)? I know Farjo's name has popped up quite a few times (he charges approx. ?5000 for 1000 grafts) and I was thinking of seeing Bijan Feriduni in Belgium but don't know if I have enough cash or if he is good?.

Thanks for reading and any advice would be great!

If you're in Europe and considering FUE, I highly, highly recommend Dr. Feriduni. He's a truly gifted FUE practitioner, and I also think he will provide an honest evaluation as to whether or not you're a suitable candidate for FUE as well.

Dr. Farjo is an excellent hair transplant surgeon as well, but to my knowledge, he only performs FUT.

Good luck!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Blake,

I can confirm that we are doing FUE and have been steadily increasing numbers over the past few months.

I will get round to posting some results and in the near future will have some interesting information on this to share with the community.

Mick

Patient coordinator for Dr. Bessam Farjo who is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I would advise travelling to Turkey if your budget is limited.

GBP 5,000 is a lot for only 1,000 FUE grafts

I paid near to GBP 5,000 and had 2,800 grafts and it also included flights, accommodation, meds etc etc

Have a look at my thread on this forum for more details and any questions just ask, i'm always happy to help.

Regards

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Some amazing Doctors specializing in FUE in Turkey(Keser, Erdogan, Eser) as well as Dr. Lorenzo in Spain(also FUE exclusive). Bisanga and Feriduni also excel at FUE.

Keser has the cheapest rate and best economical quality. He charges only EURO2.5 per graft but only works on Virgin scalps. I would not compare him to Erdogan or Eser. I think he is much above them when it comes to final results. He has a whole section in Belli Capelli Forum under Proposte dalle cliniche. You can check it out.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

You think Keser is better than Dr.Eser based on what ...???

I have seen both of their work and went with Dr.Eser. Glad i did as i prefer her hairline design to Dr.Kesers

Also, if his budget is 6k EUR, minus 1.5k EUR for travel and accommodation, that leaves him with 4.5k for grafts. At 2.5 EUR per graft, that's 1,800.

With Dr.Eser, you get the same results but 2,800 grafts for the same money as 1,800 ;-)

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Hi All, Thanks for all your replies!

Rob - Could you send me some photos of the work he done on you please (before and after)? And has Dr Eser done a lot of work with FUE? Also, how much did you pay?

Also, has anyone else had work done from the people mentioned, how many grafts did they get and how much did they/you pay?

Thanks alot!

Hi there

Please click on the link below to my thread on here, showing the excellent FUE work Dr. Eser Aydogdu performed on me...

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/166347-2800-fue-dr-eser-ayadogdu-istanbul.html

All details are in here but if you have any additional questions, feel free to contact me and I'll assist where I can.

Regards

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Blake,

I can confirm that we are doing FUE and have been steadily increasing numbers over the past few months.

I will get round to posting some results and in the near future will have some interesting information on this to share with the community.

Mick

Mick,

I apologize! I will make sure to mention this fact to UK FUE seekers in the future. I hope to see some Farjo FUE results in the near future.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hi All, I'm a first time poster but long time reader and have decided to take the plunge and get a hair transplant (FUE only as I scar easily).

I have a family history of MPB and have been thinning (crown and frontal) since my early twenties and I'm nearly 28 and have lost quite a lot in the last year or so. I'm using rogaine (for about two/three years) and but my hair is still falling out. I'm hoping to get about 1000 grafts put it first and then possibly have another treatment a few years after that?

I have about ?5000 (I know its not a lot) and I would like some advice on who to see (preferably in Europe)? I know Farjo's name has popped up quite a few times (he charges approx. ?5000 for 1000 grafts) and I was thinking of seeing Bijan Feriduni in Belgium but don't know if I have enough cash or if he is good?.

Thanks for reading and any advice would be great!

Hello Supermanvs,

Great you have started to move forward in improving your self image. HT is about you feeling the best about yourself. FUE though a more recent advancement is gaining popularity. The 20th annual ISHRS Conference just took place for hair restoration surgeons in the Bahamas and there were many presentations surrounding FUE and they just established a new international committee to research and advance this procedure further.

Dr. Mohebi one of the recommended surgeons here on HTN is the chair of the committee. Look forward to hearing how your consult went. All the Best, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Supermanvs,

Just got back from a brief trip to Northern Cally, and wondered how things are moving forward for you on your consideration of HT. Just know the folks here are a great support and if you have a chance and would be great to hear from you, all the best, Michael.

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

Hi All, Just a bit of an update.

I had an on-line consultation with Dr. Feriduni and was told that at the moment he would NOT recommend having a hair transplant as I probably will lose more hair over the next few years. He suggested I take Propecia, which I don't want to take due to side affects and I don't particularly feel comfortable messing around with my hormones.

Any suggestions/ideas would be great :).

Thanks

Supermanvs,

You can use the other FDA approved non-surgical treatment minoxidil, and nizoral possibly as well. Finasteride is the most potent weapon, and far better than the combination of the two above, but it is understandable if you don't feel it is right for you. There is also saw palmetto, but I don't know much about that.

Other than that you can try using concealer to make the thinning hair appear thicker, get a hair piece or shave it down very short.

That is about it.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Hi Supermanvs,

Glad to see you had an online consult. The doctors recommendation are best; you may also decide to see if you even have a negative response to Propecia. All the best Michael.