**scam alert** matador hair transplant

Jotronic

This is a scam alert. Normally I make fun of clinics using photos that they have lifted from Hasson & Wong (seems to happen fairly often) but this one is a bit more serious.

Someone had emailed to ask us if we had any affiliation with Matador Hair Transplant clinic as they appear to be using several of our results as their own. In addition, they are using the logos of the Coalition and several other affiliations when in fact they are not members of any association whatsoever. The photos of their doctors and staff are stock generic photos available for use by anyone and are not photos of actual staff members.

I won't put the link up but you are free to perform a Google or Bing search to find them yourself. Below is a screenshot of their homepage in which you can see the logos and our patients stolen shown at the bottom.

matador-hair-transplant-scam.jpg?i=1523732481

Edited by Jotronic

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

People like this give the honest people like H&W and yourself a bad name!! There should be a big lawsuit on these kinds of clinics.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Joe,

Thank you for sharing this. I'm sorry to hear about a clinic trying to pass off Hasson & Wong results as their own, and the Coalition logo needs to be removed from this website ASAP.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Shocking! As you say Joe, this goes beyond the usual results pilfering and has probably already lead to some serious consequences for unsuspecting patients. I know we'll be going everything possible to get that Coalition banner removed.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Joe,

Thanks for bringing this to the community's attention. I have just sent Matador an email regarding their unauthorized use of our Coalition logo and other images on their website with a demand for removal. I also suggest you, Spencer and anyone else whose images have been stolen to do the same.

Thanks for holding Matador Hair Transplant Surgery Center accountable for their actions.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thank you Joe for posting this on my behalf it is worrying that this type of thing is going on, I just hope that not too many guys have fallen for this. The prices they are offering are so cheap it is going to appeal to some guys who are desperate.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

This is a scam alert. Normally I make fun of clinics using photos that they have lifted from Hasson & Wong (seems to happen fairly often) but this one is a bit more serious.

Our UK representative was alerted to this scam by a patient that was scheduled to have a procedure next week. He emailed to ask us if we had any affiliation with Matador Hair Transplant clinic as they appear to be using several of our results as their own. In addition, they are using the logos of the Coalition and several other affiliations when in fact they are not members of any association whatsoever. The photos of their doctors and staff are stock generic photos available for use by anyone and are not photos of actual staff members.

The patient that alerted us to this scam informed us that Matador Hair Transplant Clinic asked for flight information so they could pick the patient up. There is no clinic to visit but only a hotel room for consultation and the clinic demands cash only with no option for credit car payment. The opportunity is ripe for a hefty monetary scam and potentially much much worse.

I won't put the link up but you are free to perform a Google or Bing search to find them yourself. Below is a screenshot of their homepage in which you can see the logos and our patients stolen shown at the bottom.

matador-hair-transplant-scam.jpg?i=1523732481

Jotronic,

Thanks for keeping us all aware. We do not need others destroying the hard earned reputations of any of the credible surgeons and clinics in our specialty. This post is good for all of us to be informed on. All the Best, Michael

Michael James is a Patient Advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi, who is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network; and not a physician. Visit Us On: Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | LinkedIn

Comments give here are only for intellectual consideration and in no manner to be construed or accepted as medical advice. It is important to seek the advice of a physician in all medical circumstances including hair restoration, dietary or others directly or indirectly related to the subjects in this forum

Like a few others have stated, I truly hope this scam has not harmed any unsuspecting patients. It's frightening to think our community's excellent cumulative effort is being used as a trap to lure patients into a very questionable situation.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Good work. Incredible how low people are prepared to go, ruining peoples lives along the way, all in the name of a little more cash. The world can be a shocking place at times. Well done to all for taking action. Proud to be part of this community!!!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I love how their website replaces "Norwood" with "hair style". "Hey guys! I'm a Hair Style 5A and need some advice..." Betrays their ignorance.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

We received a notice from the company hosting the website and they told us they gave Matador a 24 hour notice to remove the images and logos from their site. As of this morning it looks like Matador is completely offline. Maybe they are switching to a new provider or maybe they are gone for good. Time will tell.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Joe,

It looks like I spoke too soon.

Matador is back and deceitfully using our Coalition logo without permission again. However, I don't seem to see any of Hasson and Wong's images. Perhaps they've removed these?

Can you provide me with the contact information of the host (assuming they're still using the same one) and I'll contact them as well?

Thanks,

Bill