Dr. Carlos K. Wesley:Repairing Prior Transplants (& Repair Attempts) by Other Clinics

This patient had undergone multiple transplants (including an unsuccessful repair attempt) prior to consulting with Dr. Wesley. Our focus was to reduce the donor scar and soften the "pluggy" looking hairline from his prior transplants.

His improvement from his repair session with Dr. Wesley can be viewed in the video montage.

MG_Before_Leftb.jpg.f68e0941074008cc862d9d0996a0f5f1.jpg

MG_9months_leftb.jpg.7c7564908669c9001c3ae7ca46eaea64.jpg

Vast improvement! Thank you for sharing.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks! He's a very relieved gentleman. Interestingly, because of his concern from his prior surgeries, we took this case with a "stepwise" approach. On the first session, the left donor was harvested for the right hairline. On the second, the right donor for the left hairline. The donor received a double-layered closure, then reinforcement sutures once the initial set was removed at 14 days, as well as frequent follow-up direct corticosteriod administration into the donor scar to ensure that the scar would not spread once the sutures were removed. Needless to say, we got to know each other very well during this process!

It's cases like this that make all of us in the field really enjoy our work. Helping patients to not have to worry about something that bothers them (whether it's a unnatural appearing hairline from an old transplant, or the natural progression of hair loss) is one of the most common motivations and benefits that hair restoration surgery provides.

Wow, very nice. How thin was the donor scar after the revision?? Parts of it looked well over 1cm wide prior to the repair.

• Moderators

Ok, so the front looks better, but he's still a bald man. I would in no way be interested in that look. And I bet all of the people thinking it's a great transformation wouldn't want to have that look either. Most of them have HTs long before they get that bald.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Ok, so the front looks better, but he's still a bald man. I would in no way be interested in that look. And I bet all of the people thinking it's a great transformation wouldn't want to have that look either. Most of them have HTs long before they get that bald.

You may not want "that look", but in the end, what matters is whether or not it conforms to what Mother Nature gives, or what a doctor gives. The remaining bald spot, if natural looking (and it seems to be so) looks exactly like what balding men experience in the crown. And this patients donor looks very good, as does his repair.

Kudos to Dr. Wesley for a job well done.