Hairline lowering surgery vs hair transplant

hey everyone

i am a 27 year old male and i have had a high hairline since i was a child. i have not had any hair loss. having a big forhead really knocks my confidence and negatively impacts my life. i am interested in having the hairline lowering surgery and have been researching it online. i have attached a photo of a guy who has had it done by a doctor in california - i would hope for similar results.

has anyone here had this done or know anyone who has?

can anyone reccomend any good surgeons?

private messages welcome.

thanks guys.

male_forehead_reduction_hairline_lowering_men_04_fs.jpg.4a16c1a33fb76167459275059d814104.jpg

Surgeons do lower hairlines under the right conditions.

Have a look at the surgeons recommended on here as it has some of the very best around.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I think that dude85 is asking about a particular surgical procedure called "hairline lowering surgery" or "forehead reduction surgery" vs. having a hair transplant. All I know about hairline lowering surgery/forehead reduction surgery is that involves making an incision in the hairline, pulling the hairline forward and excising the excess skin, then suturing the hairline down in the new forward position, perhaps using a form of tricophytic closure that allows some hair to grow through the scar line.

I don't know of any ht docs recommended on this site that do that procedure, but I could be wrong.

There is a doc on here that does do it but I can't remember which one. It may have been Rassaman but I can remember. 27 is pretty young to make a gamble like that. Maybe if you have absolutely zero, and I mean zero signs of loss.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Don't forget... if you have your forehead reduced/ hairline lowered, you will have a scar which at this point in time is not visible, but if you start receding (as most people do with age), the scar will become visible, meaning you'd need to have a HT anyway to re-cover the scar.

I'd just go for the HT, do it once and forget about it

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Thanks for the replies guys. Yes I am aware the scar could become visible if I did loose my hair later on in life. I would prefer to have my hairline lowered surgically rather than have a hair transplant because I'm not sure I could get the same density with the hair transplant. And the hairline lowering surgery gives an instant result.

I have tried to send a few private messages on here but it doesn't seem to work, is there something I need to do? I only joined yesterday.

Thanks

Sounds like a scalp reduction operation what you're looking for.

You would be far better off with a follicular unit based approach.

2 doctors I'm aware used to do scalp reductions/flap surgeries in the old days are Epstein and Konior.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Sometimes there is a hold for PMs I think. You may have to contact a mod or something.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

dude85,

By default, private messaging is disabled for all new members until we've had a chance to verify that they're not spammers. This prevents spammers from mass mailing our members. It should become active shortly.

The hairline lowering procedure is normally reserved for females and for a select few males that have been determined to have little if any risk of future hair loss. Not all hair restoration physicians perform this procedure but Dr. Sheldon Kabaker of California is considered a leading expert.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Would a moderator please be able to lift the suspension so I can message a member in here?

Has anyone had any experience with dr aharonov from Beverly hills? He says he uses special techniques that mean he can lower a hairline more than other surgeons can without use of a tissue expander. I'm wondering what different techniques he could use?

Thanks

I do both of these procedures. Its easy to overpromise on hairline lowering, and then get less that you expect as the scalp contracts posteriorly. A way around that is to use tissue expanders and expand the scalp...but that is really inconvient for cosmetic patients. Reconstructive patients put up with it, but most cosmetic patients can't take 2 months and be "out of sight".

Additionally, almost certainly the brows will come UP some and that makes men more feminine in appearance.

So I'll offer it to women almost exclusively. Hair is a better choice for male patients in my opinion. Should you decide otherwise, make sure you see several male cases your selected doctor has done before committing.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Dude85,

As David said, by default, private messages are disabled until a moderator has a chance to review each new member to ensure they're not a blatant spammer. This prevents spammers from mass messaging all of our members with promotional material.

I did activate private messaging for your account yesterday morning. Thus, you are welcome to begin using this feature.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Best wishes,

Bill

Dude85,

The hairline lowering procedure is typically offered for women and may not be as effective in men due to the nature and progression of genetic hair loss. Thus, if you are interesting in lowering your hairline and/or refining it, I suggest consulting with one of our prescreened hair transplant surgeons to go over your options.

Best wishes in getting the results you want and deserve,

Bill

I feel like a FUT/FUE procedure is a far better option for your case.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.