1600 FUE with Dr. Keser

user61

Hey all, I'm just under a month post-FUE and wanted to share my progress and thoughts thus far.

I underwent the procedure at Dr. Keser's clinic in Ankara, Turkey after having flown in from the United States. I decided he was my best bet after seeing the results of his work online.

I'm 24 and I've only ever taken vitamin tablets, I've never been on any oral or topical hairloss medication. There are only two bald people in my entire family, and my father and his father only had receded V-shaped hairlines. I have coarse, curly hair.

I actually arrived at the clinic money in hand asking for 1700 grafts, although Dr. Keser recommended something like 1200 or 1300 at first. After some more talking we compromised at 1600. So he really does consider the patient and not just the money. The surgery took place over a span of three days, starting with the right side of my hairline to the left.

I've attached my pre and post-op pics. One set of pics is from the second week, the last set is from the month-mark.

There is still some numbness in the middle of my hairline, not so much around the temples. My doner feels a tiny bit itchy but has healed really well and is covered in hair already with no signs of shockloss.

Although I've experience quite a lot of shedding thus far, the one thing that worries me is my right temple (last pic at the bottom right). Ever since the first week or so it's been looking much more sparse than the left temple, as you can see in the pics. I don't know if this is just shock loss since I was operated on there first or just uneven shedding, but it's been bothering me. What's confusing is that I distinctly remember (as you can see from the post-op photos) the right side being just as filled in as the left, and it only really became less even when compared to the right side after the first week. I'm hoping it's just uneven shedding because I don't want to have to go in again for a procedure anytime soon. As you all know sparse temples are a primary reason why a lot of us look at these procedures in the first place.

Looking forward to hearing from you all..

1monthrighttemple.jpg.ae1a03de07d3e86a78aa1c9ca22f6b58.jpg

left1month.jpg.ea0d5e0a06eeb969059308eb3954a641.jpg

left2weeks.jpg.412048fd66888a998616ad6176ca5dc2.jpg

pc.jpg.c8a7ddfac4ef1c401b66eecaf474325f.jpg

pob.jpg.dc13207d55e6dd033aa8ef83e51a4b4e.jpg

poc.jpg.41b37b036eb8ca9b522841448542c5ee.jpg

pol.jpg.164213a6d0feb0e9eb4d1037c9d032de.jpg

por.jpg.a762f92762e1cbd1ff73978fc2ada306.jpg

right1month.jpg.f348c620f01d6f60253035c29296ff78.jpg

right2weeks.jpg.3bf3309e36a2bb6c66449e425b8b7f41.jpg

top1month.jpg.017bda72ec9abd4ad6d0b7b85c89c783.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg.7b605286de7bade7b0c0a4e477984b4a.jpg

Edited by Bill - Managing Publisher

Looks like more clean work coming from Turkey, Dr.Keser seems to have done a great job and framed your face well. I'm sure the end results will be fantastic.

Good to see people travelling from the States to Turkey for their work, it is far more reasonably priced than other regions and from my research and experience, they are up there with the best in terms of the tools and techniques they use.

I wouldn't worry about your right temple, it will be temporary shock loss. From your pics, everything seems to be right on track, so nothing to worry about.

I'll be following your updates closely.

Happy growing!

Rob

2800 FUE, Istanbul

Congratulations user61 on your recent surgery with Dr Keser.

Your hair looked great before the surgery but keep us posted with your progress of your hairline lowering.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Thanks guys, I'll be updating this thread every month or two with more pics.

In the past two or three days some more noticeable shedding has definitely started, which I'm kind of glad about because at the same the dead/flaky skin is finally getting off my scalp as well. Quite a few hairs are still in place and growing outward, with the 2nd or 3rd hairs also growing out of the same grafts at various rates. They will probably start shedding soon as well.

There is still some numbness in the center and center-left of my hairline in the recipient areas.

s2thoudriver I just took a look at your thread and your growth is also looking good. I think from my experience thus far and from what I've heard from others I'd have to agree that the quality and value of the work being done in Turkey is pretty remarkable.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The work looks neat, like usually from Keser, but are you sure you needed a HT? You had great hair before, it looked really awesome, and now the hairline is a little too low imho :/ Even at your age now, and what will be when you`ll reach your sixties one day? The temples are too angular, which adds to an unnatural look. I am a lil mad at Keser with this, he shouldn`t have done it, but take a more conservative approach. One can always lower it, but an aesthetical reversal is incredibly difficult..

That said, it was your decision, you`re a grown male, and most important is that you are happy with it. Let`s just see how it comes out, maybe I am misjudging the pictures. So have a great time and happy growing now :)

It turned out this;

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/178049-transplanting-beard-hair-into-back-scalp.html

Here, there is a poster called BUSA, always advocating lower and lower and lower hairline. I dedicate this thread to him. :)

Oups, only seen by now, didn`t look at the date.. Well, thought the same :rolleyes: