What is the best concealer? and why?

Hey guys,

I am going on a holiday on june 25th and I just recently found out about the use of concealers to hide those thin spots. I was impressed with the results.

What would you guys recommend as the best concealer and why. Also are they waterproof.

I have heard of TOPPIK and NANOGEN. I am interested in using the concealers whilst on holiday and not sure which one to choose.

Thanks

It depends on what you are going for (what kind of hair you have, color, style, etc.). I have used dermmatch for a long time - now I pretty much just use it for the crown. But that is simply a foundational concealer. Toppik or nanogen can be used with it to great effect. I personally like nanogen a little better than toppik for color reasons.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I have used quite a few concealer products, toppik, nanogen, dermamatch, and most recently caboki. I got a trial offer from caboki's website andI really liked it.

I ordered a big bottle of Caboki fibers even though I have a full nanogen bottle in the cabinet, as I've been shaking the latter product on my head for the past two years.

Edited by jimmybald

It depends on where you want to use the concealer. For hairlines and scars, the best is DermMatch as you have an applicator that you can apply directly to where you want concealment. Nanogen and Toppiks are great for diffused thinning areas where you sprinkle the micro fibers for coverage.

This is important for anyone that just recently had a hair transplant

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/159726-psa-use-concealers-possible-complications.html

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson