While I was looking at Jotronic's hair..

I'm sorry if I'm digging this much but I'm pretty sure this is what I want to achieve.

While I was looking at Joe's blog, I saw this picture as this is before his 3rd surgery with all his transplanted hair buzzed. So I come up with this, I draw red lines that I wish to achieve with FUE and give me that buzz look. Here are my questions;

1- Is that achievable with FUE?

2-Is there any other incision technique rather than lateral slit for a buzz cut look?

PS: Joe, I don't know if it's wrong to use your pics in my post , if I'm doing something against your blog or this forum , please know that it's not on purpose and just warn me so i can remove it.

Untitled.png.ead3ba3f574ad4fa6e528478b1fe2bc2.png

If that person lifted his head up with the hairline you have drawn and looked straight forward, it would be nearly a juvenile hairline.

In my personal opinion, I am not sure anyone reputable will give you that hairline with strip let alone fue.

Why don't you have an online consultation with some of the doctors on here you like and see what they advise.

I could be wrong, I am not a doctor.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

chrisdav,

Maybe I exaggerated the hairline , but I mean that it could be relatively lower than Joe's.

I am 26 now and I know no hairtransplant would give a full restoration. So I want to have a buzz cut that give me the shade of the hairline like this picture. I never talked to any coalition doc about this and I don't know how they 'll respond. There are many representatives in here in this forum so if they are reading this , maybe they could give some opinions.

Just do your research but I would definitely have some online consultations with a number of the surgeons listed on here and the Bald truth. For what you are looking at, I think you would need at least 2 surgeries. Maybe some other forum members/advisors could comment.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

I am researching for 3 years now and I am pretty sure what I want to achieve.

Unlike the many members on this forum, I am not wishing for my long youthful hair. I know I'm not gonna have it. So that's why I'm opting for a buzzed look/hairline that frames my face. Maybe some of the members will say "just shave it don't worth the money/time" but as a buzz cutter for 2 years , the hairline is essential even when you buzz it with the lowest clipper.

Chrisdav, I get what you mean saying that I need to consult with top doctors. However, I wanted to get some answers from this forum first.

Maybe it could be achieved, Im not sure if you can get the same with FUE as FUT has a better yield but you can try to find the best FUE surgeon around in order to achieve this for you. Regarding incision technique, Lateral slit technique (created by Dr. Wong) is the best as it gives the hair double coverage to create better illusion with less grafts to be able covering more areas with less grafts. I would recommend Dr. Feller from US and Dr. Jose Lorenzo from Spain as their results and FUE yield success is very high, that shows from the results they are posting. Good luck.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Hariri,

Thank you for your reply.

I learned about Dr. Lorenzo just a couple of days ago but besides some skepticism, I really like what I saw. However, my main choice with FUE will be Rahal or Bisanga. I don't like Feller's attitude against many controversial topics and he does not support FUE megasessions.

Have an online consultation with Bisanga and Rahal as they are both excellent.

Have you looked at the patient advisor who was a nw6 for Bisanga, he has his hair very short and looks good from all fue and body hair he has had transplanted over a period of time.

http://www.hairlossexperiences.com/view_topic.php?id=965&forum_id=3

However I would be cautious as he is an exception rather than the norm.

Azazelgs, glad your back. I see a lot of things have advanced over the years and some techniques are being perfected. Some techniques are also being used as combinations with other transplant methods. So, I see more and more doctors being able to give FUE sessions for those with higher levels of norwood/lower densities. Before, many doctors would deny them but now with either adequate donor density alone, with beard/body/scalp fue combos, or with SMP/FUE combo, vice versa, I see more doctors opening up to doing FUE on higher norwood or those with insufficient density.

You seem to have your heart set at FUE. Get a consult online to explain the goals and the situation and come up with a good strategy. It's better if you can meet the doc too.

1. I personally think what you are looking for can be achieved with FUE .

But you will have to plan it out with the doc after a thorough donor check. After the donor is checked, you got to see if you are comfortable with the targeted recipient density based on your donor availability. You need to see the if your donor can provide you with the right density for the hairline area obviously to give it that shape as well as to decide if you need to lessen it towards the back to use your grafts wisely. At the same time, determine if it is enough density needed for to pull off a good blended buzzed look you are looking for. From what I researched, this approach seems to be good for a buzzed or even looking 5 o clock shadow look. I am guessing but you are probably going to have to target at least 5,000 grafts. That makes it 2 day+ session. In my case, I was scheduled as a 2 day session for 3000 grafts, but extraction went smooth and the doctor was able to knock it out in one day. It's obviously not the same with different hair textures / ethnicity etc. So, for the area being worked on, IMO it can pull a buzz look but if you want to grow it out, then you may need to tweak in some density later with different sources if you tap your scalp donor out. Once you run out, if you have the right texture of beard/body hairs and if you even look at the possible option of SMP, you can maybe use them later to fill in areas that need the added illusion of density. I think if you want to approach it with the longer hair way then you may need multiple procedures spaced apart, but if you want to approach it a buzzed way, then you may be able to get it done this way based on your donor availability. If you have a lot of native hairs in between from the front to the back of your scalp then that will also determine how a doc will probably have to approach this.

Fue Scalp/BodyBeard Combo:

Stephen from Bisanga I think had over 8,000 grafts in 6 surgeries to get to where he is. In that thread Chrisdav linked, Stephen mentioned he had better than average FU count per cm2 so he knew he could get good coverage with the aid of body hair and beard hair. So, he and the doctor targeted it with a combo of beard/body hairs for his level of hairloss. It seems to have worked well for him.

Here is another case but it utilizes SMP/FUEcombo:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/165354-dr-ron-shapiro-fue-2194grafts-3754hairs-after-smp.html

FUE with Scalp Donor alone for higher norwood:

William38, who used scalp hair to cover front to back and he is still in progress. First op he had 3,000grafts and then 8 months later he had 2,000 for a total of 5,000 grafts. I'd say his hairloss was extensive and I wouldn't have imagined FUE being used alone for his case. So, it looks promising that in some cases, scalp donor can do it alone with FUE.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/165487-5000-fue-dr-de-reys.html

I am just mentioning some options above. I don't know much about Dr. De Reys but that he worked at Prohair Clinic and then left. His website doesn't mention much detail nor an address so I wonder about his services. But look at a bunch of examples and cases. I think you are really researching this really well based on your goals.

2-Is there any other incision technique rather than lateral slit for a buzz cut look?

2. Doctors opinions may vary on this as they may use different incision techniques. Some people say lateral allows for better dense packing and some say sagittal allows for working in between native hairs. I do agree with what Hariri said regarding the Lateral technique. But, there are a bunch of links here about different techniques that may help you get the right answer:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/163266-what-do-you-prefer-lateral-slit-vs-sagital-incision.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/158704-sagittal-vs-lateral-slit-techniques.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/137300-lateral-sagitals.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/140222-lateral-slit-technique-asian-hair-=-ineffective.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/135713-sagital-vs-lateral-revisited.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/142922-existing-hair-lateral-slit-vs-needle-insertion.html

Out of the two surgeons you mentioned, Dr. Rahal also uses lateral. Matt earlier wrote, "Dr Rahal uses lateral slit and doesn't use any form of implanter pen."

Good luck with everything.

Hariri,

Thank you for your reply.

I learned about Dr. Lorenzo just a couple of days ago but besides some skepticism, I really like what I saw. However, my main choice with FUE will be Rahal or Bisanga. I don't like Feller's attitude against many controversial topics and he does not support FUE megasessions.

In this case, you can try consulting with Bisanga as he is more experienced in FUE but I heard some bad things about the attitude too in other forums. Try also Dr. Feriduni from Belgium, he got great attitude and very understanding. Funny thing is what I noticed that best FUE you can get is from Europe while strip from North America...

If I was in your place, I would consult these three doctors...

1) Dr. Feriduni, 2) Dr. Jose Lorenzo, 3) Dr. Bisanga

Three of them using Manual FUE tool which gives good quality than Motorized ones. Its really harder for the surgeon but gives better positive results. Dr. Feriduni for example was using Feller motorized punch but decided to go back to manual to achieve maximum results.

Good luck and wish you all the best.

My Hair Treatments:

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Yes the motorized tool he tried was Feller punch but he decided to get back to manual. But I noticed most of American clinics using Motorized one chooses Jamis Harris SAFE system like SMG and Rahal. By the way, did Dr. Feriduni used manual tool in your mega FUE session?

My Hair Treatments:

Have an online consultation with Bisanga and Rahal as they are both excellent.

Have you looked at the patient advisor who was a nw6 for Bisanga, he has his hair very short and looks good from all fue and body hair he has had transplanted over a period of time.

Dr.Bisanga, BHR Clinic, 7000 plus FUE Norwood 6 Restoration. - Hair Transplant Patient Results/updates - Hair Transplant section - Hairloss Experiences Hairloss Forum

However I would be cautious as he is an exception rather than the norm.

I agree with Chrisdav. sl is unique in his donor density. But he's also a good case study for fue scarring, or lack thereof. I''ve seen his hair in person. He buzzes to a zero guard every week and I couldn't see a single white dot on scalp or beard donor areas. It would certainly be worth doing a consult to see if you would be a candidate for this type of procedure. Also I agree with your choice of docs to consult with.

Edited by Levrais
typo

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

I'm sorry if I'm digging this much but I'm pretty sure this is what I want to achieve.

While I was looking at Joe's blog, I saw this picture as this is before his 3rd surgery with all his transplanted hair buzzed. So I come up with this, I draw red lines that I wish to achieve with FUE and give me that buzz look. Here are my questions;

PS: Joe, I don't know if it's wrong to use your pics in my post , if I'm doing something against your blog or this forum , please know that it's not on purpose and just warn me so i can remove it.

I don't mind you using my pics at all but I have to ask, why would you want my look buzzed down? That is after 4825 grafts over my entire area of loss and the older grafts from 20 years ago are looking kinda rough in the front.

Anyway, to answer your specific questions...

Yes, but at what expense for your donor zone? Just to get the hairline you asked for, in front of what I had done, you'd need another 2000 grafts and that is for lower density. Also keep in mind that my hairline, or the one marked out, is about 7.0cm to 7.5cm so the one you marked out would be closer to 5.5 cm. That is pretty low so a low density on a hairline that low wouldn't look particularly good in my opinion. You might want to consider raising that up a bit.

2- Is there any other incision technique rather than lateral slit for a buzz cut look?

Well, any technique really. It just depends on how smooth and untouched you want the scalp to look. Lateral or coronal slits with blades is the ideal method because it leaves zero physical evidence of surgery once fully healed. No pitting, no cobblestoning, no ridging, nothing.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I agree with Chrisdav. sl is unique in his donor density. But he's also a good case study for fue scarring, or lack thereof. I''ve seen his hair in person. He buzzes to a zero guard every week and I couldn't see a single white dot on scalp or beard donor areas. It would certainly be worth doing a consult to see if you would be a candidate for this type of procedure. Also I agree with your choice of docs to consult with.

Levrais, that's amazing. Even after all that FUE, you couldn't see any white dot on the scalp and beard donor areas on sl. I am really happy to read that and especially coming from someone who has seen this in person.

For me, I couldn't detect it on myself so I had my family check and they couldn't see signs of scarring either. I was concerned for future sessions as I was thinking there might be a possibility of some visible scarring when the donor is near it's final depletion levels, but I guess that might not be the case. But for sl, 0 guard and no visible scarring after all that is very impressive.

Hi Azazelgs,

I am kinda looking for the same thing, a FUE to buzz my hair. I am doing alot of reasearch regarding that and i beleive it's doable and could be done with great results if done by a professional doctor.

Since you are from turkey, why don't you consult with Dr. Keser ? I have seen only great results by him, he uses manual punch size 7.00 to 9.00 which is ideal for minima scars (just what we need to buzz the hair short).

There are many other qualified doctors in europe and north america who are good with FUE, but i beleive face to face consultation is much better than online consultation since pictures don't alwys reflect the real hair situation (cause of light condition, flash, pic quality,etc..).

so that's why if i were you, i would go for a face to face consultation with Dr. keser, and also send my pics to couple of qualified doctors in europe as wll and then you can decide how you wanna do this.

btw, are you planning to take meds (propecia and rogain) or no ??

Also, if yo're not planning to wear your hair long at all, you might consider BHT for hairline. This way you can shave or buzz your hair with any grade without any scaring or white dots at all. That is one of the options im considering as well...