Dr. Paul Shapiro - 9 Months - 4400grafts/8564hairs

To the contrary, first and we hope all would know this, we simply would never post a result with a concealer. Our objective to our posts is to shown what one can achieve with a given amount of hair, of certain hair characteristics in a given area.

The difference in the hair on the sides VS the top, is not that the top is thicker from a concealer, it is, at 9mths, it is not as thick as the hair on the sides. From a top view taken at a 90angle with the scalp the light will pass through the hair and pick up more scalp, even when it is pretty hidden in person. Where the hair up high on the sides is normal density and the acute shingling on the vertical side plane makes the hair appear even more dense.

Janna’s off to Europe, so I am chipping in.

Patient Educator, Shapiro Medical. Going on 20years with Dr Ron Shapiro......not a regular poster, I leave that to Janna

Hey Zup!

Again, looks like another home run from Dr. Paul. Lot of grafts but modest for the size of the transplanted area. Very efficient use of grafts here.

Yeah, definitely no concealer. It's just the transplanted density is at a lower level than the sides and back. Also, it's still only 9 months - give it time and it'll blend in more.

I will say that sometimes hair in the donor area has different characteristics altogether. Maybe a slightly different color, maybe it curls in an odd direction when grown out. Not all hairs on our head grow in a uniform manner. So when those hairs are transplanted they bring those quirks and oddities with them.

Hope you're well Zup! Hold down that fort for Janna.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I will say that sometimes hair in the donor area has different characteristics altogether. Maybe a slightly different color, maybe it curls in an odd direction when grown out. Not all hairs on our head grow in a uniform manner. So when those hairs are transplanted they bring those quirks and oddities with them.

Spoken like a true hair veteran. That's absolutely true.

The patient has pretty strong caliber hairs in the donor, which helps with the look of density when moved to top. I think it was wise for him to attain "coverage" vs density to the frontal 1/2. A little goes a long way for him. Dr. Paul has layed a good foundation of hairs throughout the whole top/crown for this patient. In the future, he can thicken up if he so desires but it won't be manditory. Hopefully, the meds will help retain the native hairs.

Thanks all for your feedback.

Wonderful coverage! I like the hairstyle too. It covers very well.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D