Belgravia Centre, London

1978matt

I wondered if anyone had any experience of using them?

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

They are rip off merchants Matt.

For example, they charge sky high prices for finasteride which is not warranted.

I get my finasteride from Dr Singh for a fraction of their prices.

They are not a good clinic and stay away from them whether it is for surgery or medication.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Thanks both.

I got that impression. It looks like the kind of place who would also sell you other pills and potions that won't work and cost a bomb.

Honestly speaking. Belgravia centre helped me to restore most of my hair during my university study in London. They prescribed me Propecia plus Minoxidil 12.5% lotion with azelaic acid with free shipping wherever you are. I was so happy with the results but had to quit because of sexual side effects of bloody Finasteride, The bad thing about them is that are bloody expensive, They charge students GB 1200 a year, However that time I didn't have choice.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I would suggest talking to SPEX, he will be able to help you, well known on this site.

This is a great place for information

Cheers Bucks

P.s this is a great web-site, the users and hair vets are awesome

I have been a patient at The Belgravia Centre for many years and have been nothing but happy. It's not nice to make these harsh claims about them being a rip off. Have you even used the centre? They provide a service which I require, and that's what I pay for. I also get products that I can't get anywhere else, such as the minoxidil cream they offer which is 12.5%. Their service is second to none and I just sit back and let them do the work. My hair has been maintained for more than 7 years and for that I'm very grateful.

They post unrealistic before and after photos. They also overcharge for propecia and higher strength minoxidil, which can be irritating to some.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Georgesss, I can assure you whatever hair loss products you purchase through Belgravia, you can get for a fraction of the price elsewhere.

The Uk has a poor reputation for hair restoration and we are fortunate that the forums exist to enable prospective patients to see what is realistically possible by making the clinics as transparent as possible.

If Belgravia or any other UK clinic claims to produce high levels of consistent work, why is there only one clinic recommended on the entire forums?

None of them meet the high standards achieved by the clinics elsewhere in the world.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Georgesss

I originally contacted them and yes they were very helpful. However, you need to pay about 10 times over the odds with them, so I would expect their service to be second to none.

If you go to the right places you can keep the hair you have or increase for as little as 16.00 per month. This is for both Finasteride & Minoxidil.

Most people on this forum speak their minds and are going through what every new poster has gone through. They are experienced in the hair loss business and annoyed by rip off merchants.

Withe the money you spend with them over the years , it is more beneficial to get a hair transplant.

Nobody on here means any harm , they are just offering good sound advice.

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

HT No2 : Marwan Saifi 1680 grafts. Great result

HT No3 - Marwan Saifi 1250 grafts. Another good result.

HT No4 - Hakan Doganay 2134 grafts. Result TBA

Total 5134 grafts.

I have been a patient of Belgravia for 2 years and a month and I am incredibly satisfied. ?250 every 3 or so months for their 12.5% minoxidil and propecia, but the results have been great and they have been a life saver.

Unless someone tells me that 12.5% cream is available much cheaper elsewhere, then I will remain a very happy customer of theirs. I was nearly bald and now have regained most of my hair thanks to Belgravia. Sadly parts of my hairline was too far gone (which they told me on my first consultation) but they said it would thicken and improve everywhere else and they were right.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but to call them con artists isn't fair. I wont publish photos online (I'm 22 and find it embarrassing) but me in March 2010 to now is incomparable. Maybe the propecia and 12.5% minoxidil is available for cheaper elsewhere (I'll look into that based on some of these replies) but I can honestly say they have helped me so much and I've regained about 75%-80% of my lost hair.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

I suppose these guys have to make a living and that comes from the inflated prices. I'd liken it to taking your car to the garage for an oil change. Lets say they charge you ?120, the reality is that if you have a few basic tools and knowhow you can get a new oil filter and 5L of oil from Walmart which will do exactly the same job for ?30.

I have been a patient of Belgravia for 2 years and a month and I am incredibly satisfied. ?250 every 3 or so months for their 12.5% minoxidil and propecia, but the results have been great and they have been a life saver.

Unless someone tells me that 12.5% cream is available much cheaper elsewhere, then I will remain a very happy customer of theirs. I was nearly bald and now have regained most of my hair thanks to Belgravia. Sadly parts of my hairline was too far gone (which they told me on my first consultation) but they said it would thicken and improve everywhere else and they were right.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but to call them con artists isn't fair. I wont publish photos online (I'm 22 and find it embarrassing) but me in March 2010 to now is incomparable. Maybe the propecia and 12.5% minoxidil is available for cheaper elsewhere (I'll look into that based on some of these replies) but I can honestly say they have helped me so much and I've regained about 75%-80% of my lost hair.

TommyLucchese would be nice to see some pic's don't be embarrassed your in good company we have all been there.

It seems that propecia is available much cheaper elsewhere. I've read that 12.5% minoxidil used to be available much cheaper but I can't find anywhere that does it now. I read someone on thebaldtalk forum say they switched from 12.5% to 5% and there is no difference as mainly the propecia is what works most. It is food for thought, but right now I don't want to break what is working well.

I have a consultation with Dr Feller in May to hopefully fix the hairline.

Sorry everyone I'm not comfortable with the photo's, I took some to send Spex and it is very obvious it is me even with the face edited and stuff.

I wont vouch for the belgravia to say that it will bring all your hair back and that the prices are cheap, but I will say it has worked very well for me and allowed me to take the hat off that I was living in for months. I wish I'd found the place sooner so that my whole hairline could have been restored, but hopefully in May I'll have good news on that front.

I will say though, just as to not mislead in anyway, I use fat shampoo from superdrug and hair straighteners because my hair in the last 4 years has gone naturally quite kinky/wavy. And I also use a bit of concealer at the front and at the back. However, the different is amazing and I can't speak highly enough of the results Belgravia has given me.

They may rightly or wrongly have a bad reputation among people here, but for me they have done wonders. I will be looking into trying to get the same products cheaper elsewhere though, but like I said - I'm very happy with Belgravia.

(Sorry for the rambling, trying to give as honest and detailed post as possible)

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

• 4 weeks later...

The Belgravia treatment undoubtedly worked for me- there was a noticable improvement in the growth and density of my hairline after a few months, plus I never had the sexual side effects which they warn you about. However, the skin on my face just completely went to pot! Almost immediately I began to look very sallow, spotty and generally very ill. Within a few short weeks of stopping the treatment, my skin immediately went back to normally (unfortunately, my hair immediately began to recede again as well!)

Just an update, I am almost certainly going to stop paying the inflated prices at Belgravia and get the same products from the recommended places on here at a MUCH cheaper price. 3 months at Belgravia is the same price as 12-13 months from the sources here, so it's a no brainer really. The only slight concern is whether the 5% rogaine foam isn't as good as the alleged 12.5% minoxidil from Belgravia, but I guess time will tell on that.

I think to summarise best would be that Belgravia sell the correct products that should reverse your hairloss, but they quadruple the price.

I started with the belgravia center in london in 2006 , I payed them 250 uk pounds for 3 months supply of propecia and 12.5% minoxadil .

The propecia and 12.5% minox helped restore some of my hair , I felt in 2006 I had lost 50% of my natural hair to male patern baldness and the propecia and minoxidil helped give me back 25% of that lost hair , and certainly improved the quality of my original hair , so now I had 75% of my original hair .

The minoxidil was a pain to use , making my hair greasy and my scalp sore , I rung the belgravia center and they recomended to stop using it , after that I only payed 150 uk pounds for the propecia .

At this time I asked my local GP to soucre my propecia , she had no problem with this however the price was the same as the belgravia clinic .

I had now been educating myself online and had a few converstaions with spex , he provided me with details to buy generic finasteride at 150 uk pound for 12-13 months supply , I cancelled my order and no longer used the belgravia center , my "provider" at the center was a little abrupt with me , so I lost no sleep by not using the belgravia center again .

I now only take 0.85mgs of finasteride every day , I cut a 5mg generic finasteride tablet into 6 pieces , and my hair has never looked better since I took control of my male pattern baldness .

Finasteride helped me retore my hair over the top of my head , I have had two HTs with Dr Feller since then , totaling 4200 grafts .

I hope that helps

richie

Edited by Unregistered

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

It's all well and good slating Belgravia but where else can you buy 12.5% minoxidil + azelaic acid?

I completely agree their prices are hugely inflated and there are a lot of people out there that are uneducated about where else they can source fin in the UK.

For the record I started using them about 6 years ago and was paying a huge amount for 12.5% minox and azelaic acid plus propecia. I regained a lot of hair even on my frontal area but after a couple of years found that regrowth peaked and ultimately reversed. I then asked their advice on Hair Transplant doctors and they recommended Dr Michael May - who I'm sure most people on this forum will agree is not the best! I soon realised I'd be making a huge mistake if I went to him. I also visited Jeremy Isherwood at Norton Clinic - good talker, but I realised there was no substance there.

Luckily I began to educate myself on the forums, did my research and met up with Spex, Dr Feller, the H&W guys, started sourcing my fin through Dr Ashcroft at a fraction of the cost and started buying Zandrox. When Zandrox supplies got cut, I reverted to Kirkland minoxidil which is very cheap and also went onto generic finasteride which didn't seem to work as well as MSD proscar (so I'm now back on that).

I've recently started back with 12.5% minox from Belgravia and alternating it with 5% generic minoxidil but if there was another 12.5% minox plus aa cream supplier I'd be there like a shot as Belgravia prices are extortionate.

I'm booked in for a HT with Dr Hasson in 2 weeks - I don't want to think what would have happened if I hadn't started researching other Docs, and had my procedure with Dr May. This forum has been so important in terms of research and choosing the correct Dr.

"It's all well and good slating Belgravia but where else can you buy 12.5% minoxidil + azelaic acid?"

You can buy it from Minoxidil Max, search them on google... They have minoxidil 10% + Azelaic Acid 5% (DUAL-GEN 10) and they have also Minoxidil 15% + Azelaic Acid 5% (DUAL-EN15)...

My Hair Treatments:

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Great thanks Hariri..one question though. Wasn't minoxidil max shut down a few months ago? Is there a reason the higher concentration minoxidil suppliers are getting shut down?? I remember Dr Lee and his Zandrox seemed to get shut down...it makes you worry about whether the products are genuine or not?

Redman, Dr. Lee was shut down because he dared to add Finastride to Minoxidil as a solution which is really risky thing to do. MOPLC minoxidil was shut down I believe so and also perfect image solutions minoxidil as well lately, it wasn't really that good as it got very sticky after adding an extra ingredient, here is the recall... Perfect Image Solutions, LLC Issues Voluntary Recall of Unapproved Product Due to Potential Health Risk . But Minoxidil Max was never shut luckily, what I love about them is that they have a customer service online and on phone.

My Hair Treatments:

I've read a few reviews of MinoxidilMax and they are not good to say the least. It seems when anyone has asked questions about the genuine nature of the products, the manufacturing process, whether their product is safe to use, why they do not insist on clients getting a prescription for their high strength products.....the general response is 'we have a 100% ebay positive feedback rate'.

For me they are completely avoiding the questions...when medical supply companies aren't transparent when questions like that are asked, that immediately sets alarm bells off...and I wouldn't touch them until they were able to answer them. I remember Dr Lee was always very open and would be happy to open all questions.

Although Belgravia is hugely overpriced...at least I know I am getting the real deal...and don't have to worry if I am just buying snake oil.