1 Month - Dr Lindsey

:eek:Hi,

I'm one month tomorrow post my op with Dr Lindsey, there have been quite a few requests for me to put up pictures and follow my progress.

Firstly I think it's fair to say, the first two weeks your walking around like a proud peacock, with the new hairs (stuble) and then week 3 and 4 you notice them slowing washing down the plug hole leaving you looking like an ugly duckling (think that's what the hair vets call it) and as warned by Spex and Dr Lindsey your almost back to day one, apart from a bit red in the transplanted area. In relation to my scar I can't find it, had some shock loss at first but seems to have resolved (nice one Dr Lindsey). Well its now the long, long waiting game until the duck hopefully turns back into the peacock (in this instance Lol)

FEEL FREE TO COMMENT

back.JPG.5471f2fca36cc000a17e0931763ea556.JPG

fr1.JPG.ae8561c8eabfd0c740d1a251036d03b9.JPG

Hi Bucksred.

Everything looks normal at the moment.

The redness will take a few months to fade and generally nothing will happen until month 3-4, when the growth begins and that is gradual.

Just have to remain patient, long journey ahead :)

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

You,ve cheered up this ugly duckling.

Have a good Easter Dutch, thanks for yr support, could not be more happy

With the donor scar ( can't find) Dr Lindsey did, that was a worry for me. Thank goodness

For this web site and the community(Spex, still owe him a beer)

Looking great mate!

Redness is normal. Your scar is already hidden, great work from Dr Lindsey again :)

6 weeks is probably the worst stage and then you can look forward to all the good stuff :rolleyes:

Hey Bucksred,

Looks like we are in the same boat, ugly qwacks. haha. I'm trying hard not to look in the mirror these days...I do have a pretty good feeling about our transplants, fingers crossed we get early growth!

Cheers brother, keep me updated .

Hey quick question , what are you using for preventative measures against additional hair loss?

Hi JustOne,

Quack, quack, nice to hear from you. Not leaving my pond for a couple of months if I can help it, lol.

I started taking propecia before and after op to limit shock loss.

Will keep you updated, you posing picts soon?

Take care and happy growing.

Bucks

Looks like all is going according to schedule. Wow one month already! I go see Dr. Lindsey in exactly a month from today. What length did you cut your hair to in the donor area? Thanks for the pics. I'm getting amped up! :D

I buzzed to a grade three all over two days before my op, then decided just to let it grow.

Dr Lindsey is fantastic and the staff are really nice, they will look after you. Dr Lindsey

is a fantastic

Bucksred

All looking good and normal at this stage. You scar looks amazing post op !!!!!! Im also at the horrible stage now (back to the pre-op) But I suppose its better than having shock loss to the naitive hair.

Hope everything goes well for you. Im sure it will as Dr Linsey seems to be top notch.

I suppose it all affects us in different ways. I had no redness at all in the receipent area , even at day 8. Just the scar is taking a bot longer than I expected.

All the best

Edited by Buzz2
spelling

HT No1 : Nobel clinic, Gatwick 500 grafts - Terrible result, left with bumpy skin

HT No2 : Marwan Saifi 1680 grafts. Great result

HT No3 - Marwan Saifi 1250 grafts. Another good result.

HT No4 - Hakan Doganay 2134 grafts. Result TBA

Total 5134 grafts.

Looks good at this point....It will be late summer til you see anything going on. Probably about the time the Olympics wrap up.

Keep me in the loop.

Thanks

Dr. Lindsey

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Not only is Dr. Lindsey one of the best hair transplant surgeons out there, he is also an excellent plastic surgeon. He posts some undetectable scars. If you think it looks good now, wait until the end of the year. Chances are you won't be able to find it.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

RCWest

Thanks for the kind words. Where do I send your check?

I do grade each and every one of my scars that show back up for followups, and of course I grade other scars too.

I would say that I average a B+. Last year we did 122 cases I think. That is up a little from the year before. I'd guestimate that I saw 40-50 1 year or older scars of mine last year and yes, I think I averaged a B+. I did have several A+s and a couple of C's, but I didn't see any F's of mine.

Its always tough to tell how they will turn out. For example, last week I did a second case on a young guy we did I think 1500 on 18 months ago. He'd had a car wreck as a kid and had this long scar across his head. Now I wrote that off as poor scar closure....and we grafted it with "leftovers" after completing the front.

So he rolls in for a second case and what we did turned out well, but low and behold, my donor scar (which I thought looked great at a month) looked just as bad as his car wreck scar did before we grafted it....

So is he just a bad scar former, or did I not do as good of a job, or some mixture? We excised his scar and did a 3 layer closure with different sutures and time will tell if that makes a difference.

Bottom line, we do our best and that is often a good scar result...but not a guarantee.

Dr. Lindsey McLean VA

William H. Lindsey, MD, FACS

McLean, VA

Dr. William Lindsey is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

RCWest,

When I was in Dr Lindsey's office waiting to fly back to the UK, I was reading a book from patients who had used him for plastic surgery, no surprise to read how pleased they were, some were even written by the spouses, as I always say

"happy wife, happy life"

Keep up the good work Dr Lindsey

RCWest,

When I was in Dr Lindsey's office waiting to fly back to the UK, I was reading a book from patients who had used him for plastic surgery, no surprise to read how pleased they were, some were even written by the spouses, as I always say

"happy wife, happy life"

Keep up the good work Dr Lindsey

Am I the only person that thinks that this is quite red for one month out?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.