One month post op Dr Rahal

NEWHAIRPLEASE

Here is my one month post op...definitely don't look as good as I did at 2 weeks post op...still shedding some hairs...I do have recipient shock as well as some donor shock, but I expected...Im not gonna dwell on looking in the mirror every day or two as I know this is part of the process...anyway, got some pictures outside and some inside to show different lighting...Like I said, If you compare these on my website to pre op or even two weeks post op...It looks like Ive lost a lot of hair!!! But the end result is gonna be worth it!!

IMG_1698.jpg.78c815e118f6e1ccac3038ca8c0ef05f.jpg

IMG_1699.jpg.e3ee47a1636c0fb84a5391d3e8871441.jpg

IMG_1701.jpg.d707ef8cc3e7eb3c0cac2ddec0258e14.jpg

IMG_1702.jpg.c12bcf5e23dd0061a6ea31e8ccae8e2d.jpg

IMG_1705.jpg.a826d999f305462350c373b3ae7ff6f6.jpg

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Its all on course buddy. Put the pics in your blog it's a lot easier for people to learn from your experiance when all the info and photos are in one place.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Its all on course buddy. Put the pics in your blog it's a lot easier for people to learn from your experiance when all the info and photos are in one place.

They are in it!! Thanks bonker...

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

You're currently in THE worst post-op stage for catching your own reflection. I can tell you're probably feeling slightly gloomy at the moment, but not too gloomy as you know what's ahead.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Lookin good at that stage of the game NHP...hang in there and be ready for some growth after a few months! Good stuff!

You're currently in THE worst post-op stage for catching your own reflection. I can tell you're probably feeling slightly gloomy at the moment, but not too gloomy as you know what's ahead.

Matt

Im a little down as I can tell I have less hair as I did before I went into surgery...however, with as much native hair as I had I expected it!!! Like my wife said though..." this is the baldest you will ever be "....that certainly made me feel better....ha:)

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

It's true that for the first couple of weeks/months post-op you'll be balder than you were pre-op. But all things considered you have one of the better one month pics I've seen. Your shock loss is minimal at it's worst.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Newhairplease, Just seen your immediately post op photos. Man you are going to be in for a pretty sensational result. You hair wasnt in such a bad way anyway, but with those extra grafts, almost 5000 of them, its going to completely change the way you look. Good luck getting through this early rough stage but in a few months you shall be reaping the rewards!

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Newhairplease, Just seen your immediately post op photos. Man you are going to be in for a pretty sensational result. You hair wasnt in such a bad way anyway, but with those extra grafts, almost 5000 of them, its going to completely change the way you look. Good luck getting through this early rough stage but in a few months you shall be reaping the rewards!

Thanks....yea, Im really excited...Sorry you have to keep putting your surgery off...It will be well worth it!!!!

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

We are nearly in the same boat, I am at 6.5 weeks post op! Are you using Minox liquid twice a day?

Yes, but I was doing that before surgery prior to stopping for surgery...I tried to use the liquid at first, but the foam is so much better..IMO..

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

Honestly, in my unscientific opinion, I think the foam is bullshit. I use it very occasionally when I need to run out quickly and can't wait for the liquid to dry, and it always gives me headaches. There is something in the inactive ingredients in the foam that causes me some issues. If it works for you, then you're lucky, but I would stay with the Kirkland Minox.

Honestly, in my unscientific opinion, I think the foam is bullshit. I use it very occasionally when I need to run out quickly and can't wait for the liquid to dry, and it always gives me headaches. There is something in the inactive ingredients in the foam that causes me some issues. If it works for you, then you're lucky, but I would stay with the Kirkland Minox.

Wow...Your one of the only few who I know that don't like the foam...Crazy how we all have our own favorites!!!:)

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

Yeah, it's a mixed bag for sure. As long as you are using Minox 2 X per day, I think you will probably start to see some growth soon. Mike (from Rahal) told me to use 1 ml on the recipient area and .5 ml on the crown two times per day. This definitely seems to be doing something.

Hey NewHairPlease,

Honestly, I'm quite excited for you. I'm sure, like me, before your surgery you've been viewing hundreds of other cases from dozens of doctors, and every time you've seen the cases progress from the 'ugly duckling' phase into a phase of growth and what turns out to be a brilliant result. Now - you are one of them, it's onwards and upwards from here. I can't wait to be in your situation right now.

Best of luck and keep us posted! :-)

My assumption would be that the headaches are more likely due to the active ingredient. Perhaps it's just a case that more of the foam is reaching your scalp and then penetrating the skin, as it's less likely than liquid to just coat your hair and not get to where it's supposed to go. This is part of how the foam is a more efficient way of applying the treatment.

Do you have the same experience when applying them to your recipient area now, after surgery?

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

My assumption would be that the headaches are more likely due to the active ingredient. Perhaps it's just a case that more of the foam is reaching your scalp and then penetrating the skin, as it's less likely than liquid to just coat your hair and not get to where it's supposed to go. This is part of how the foam is a more efficient way of applying the treatment.

Do you have the same experience when applying them to your recipient area now, after surgery?

Hi Matt,

I find the opposite to be true post-procedure regarding absorbtion. I notice when using the liquid as directed by Mike (.5ml on the crown + 1ml on the recipient area, twice per day), I can feel the side effects of the medication strongly - usually this is a pulsating sensation in my extremities / feet, that I notice about 3-5 minutes after applying the minox. When I use the foam, I also feel the same effects in my feet, but to a much much lesser degree. I can't explain the headaches, however they also seem to coincide with using the foam, but never the liquid.