Who is the Best Hair Transplant Surgeon?

Lexie

Thanks for that. To be absolutely honest I had reached that decision myself after an expensive (250) consultation with Maurice Green of Blackrock in his rented Harley St. room. Similar alarm bells (or sirens I should say) were going off in my head to those I heard when originally looking into the worrying and frankly (in my experience) dangerous world of HT some 20 odd years ago. When statements such as "I thought you were 63 not 43" (despite for the first time since 21, actually looking my age) and "have you ever noticed that when the odd American Baseball player removes his hat, you just can not take your eye off his bald head" and "you are a very bald man". Of course, whilst laughing under my breath at the comments, I was dissapointed that clearly the HT world is as treacherous as ever - as obviously the comments were designed to prey on any cognitive or esteem vulnerability I may have and therefore hopefully accept a E25,000 HT surgery. For any of those out there that have actually had successful HT treatments and dealt with genuinely good people who are not simply seeking a fortune, I would hugely appreciate absolutely honest comment on where to explore (internationally) and if there really and genuinely is a successful and "natural" result to be attained and for a patient probably at the level of 6.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apolgies, I have to correct the above name at Blackrock, it was actually Mr Collins that I attended a consultation with, as opposed to the incorrect name of Maurice Green.

Thanks for that. To be absolutely honest I had reached that decision myself after an expensive (250) consultation with Maurice Green of Blackrock in his rented Harley St. room. Similar alarm bells (or sirens I should say) were going off in my head to those I heard when originally looking into the worrying and frankly (in my experience) dangerous world of HT some 20 odd years ago. When statements such as "I thought you were 63 not 43" (despite for the first time since 21, actually looking my age) and "have you ever noticed that when the odd American Baseball player removes his hat, you just can not take your eye off his bald head" and "you are a very bald man". Of course, whilst laughing under my breath at the comments, I was dissapointed that clearly the HT world is as treacherous as ever - as obviously the comments were designed to prey on any cognitive or esteem vulnerability I may have and therefore hopefully accept a E25,000 HT surgery. For any of those out there that have actually had successful HT treatments and dealt with genuinely good people who are not simply seeking a fortune, I would hugely appreciate absolutely honest comment on where to explore (internationally) and if there really and genuinely is a successful and "natural" result to be attained and for a patient probably at the level of 6.

Wow, that really is shocking. Just out of interest, by 'Harley Street' do you mean London, and if so, where are you based?

Here is the result of my years of research:

1 - If you are very bald, the only surgery who achieve consistently great megasession results (that I have seen) is Hasson & Wong. By megasession I mean 6,000+. I would say Hasson & Wong, then Shapiro Medical Group, then Dr Rahal for strip. Those are the only three I would go with.

2 - If you prefer FUE I would be very cautious indeed. Only some doctors are able to consistently achieve similar yields with FUE and strip. Some openly admit they can't - and I would definitely avoid those. For FUE, I would recommend Dr Rahal and Dr Feriduni very strongly (although the latter is based in Belgium).

In both of the lists above, every single doctor there is well regarded, well respected, and well known to be ethical and honest at all times. All have turned candidates away when they are not suitable, and all offer excellent post-op care. Indeed, some 'popular' doctors on here are missing off my list by virtue of their poor post-op care. If I was you I would consult with the 4 I named who really are the cream of the crop in the HT world. You simply cannot go wrong with any of them.

Edited by England

Thanks for the information. Yeah, Harley St in London - though I live in Australia. I travelled back for the consult though had nagging doubts from the outset. Thanks again mate.

True, if you're an advanced Norwood, then H&W is one clinic you need to look into thoroughly & visit. I should be going back to them based on my early natural nice growth so far. They're the mega session kings. Only the distance puts me off a little. Travelling all that way wasn't nice but had to be done

True, if you're an advanced Norwood, then H&W is one clinic you need to look into thoroughly & visit. I should be going back to them based on my early natural nice growth so far. They're the mega session kings. Only the distance puts me off a little. Travelling all that way wasn't nice but had to be done

Thanks again for that.

Although I get the feeling that just perhaps there may be a possibilty that a good and successful HT could be carried out, the aftermath worries me in that if I need to cut my hair short again (2 or 3mm) would the smiley face scar at the back and the transplant scars at the front be highly visible for ever.

Obviously the only reason I would have to shave my hair short again down to that 3mm would be if perhaps the transplanted hair decided to stop growing or whatever in 10 years or so or perhaps my hairline at the back receded down to a narow band over the next 15 years - hence it might look daft having transplanted hair at the top growing then a big distance down the back to the narrow band (if that is what happened). So, the shaving down to 3mm would be the "get out of jail card" - unless it revealed tell tale scars, what do you guys think, is this something that has been discussed???

Hi mate, i am from ireland and i like you am terrified about the scar. i keep thinking what if the hairs transplanted wont grow. Researching for over a year now and going on what people say they will grow so i am going for it. If i could afford it i would go to DR FELLER in NYC but ive done some research on this site on DR PONG in thailand and its all good and less than half the price so i now am considering him.

All I can say is tread carefully, absolutely and especially if going to eg Thailand - must be additionall risk, albeit cheaper - watch out and be absolutely sure! It may well be the case that he is just as good but cheaper, but then again, do not make the mistake of thinking everywhere in the world operates and runs the same as UK, US, Australia, NZ etc etc - don't mean to be negative, but I would have to be "extra" sure before going out of the norm. :cool:

theve just replied to my online consultation

Robbie,

Thank you for your enquiry regarding hair transplantation to THT Center. Having reviewed from your attached pictures,it is not a good idea to have a hair transplant at the moment. Please try taking Proscar combination with Rogaine 5% solution for 2 years and see how they will work. If they don't work well then please contact me again.

Regards,

Dr.Suradej Pong

??????????????????????????????????????what the fuck!!!

i am in desperate need of a HT. Whats the latest with u?

Sounds like you are dissapointed - but I have learned sometimes dissapointment ends up being "thanks god that worked out that way". I have zero experience, except common sense - I would speak to only the "known" best and then decide on the best move.

The doctor was very honest with you then. Hats off to him. Listen to what he said.

As far as affording it, keep saving up in the meantime. Most of us are desperate too just like you that's why we're on here. But do the right thing & don't go before your time or end up going because it's cheaper.

As for the scar, I had that same fear- but if you go to an elite surgeon the hair will grow, there will be no failure but no operation is 100% guaranteed as you know.

The smiley won't be visible if you go to a quality surgeon. My scar is only 5 months old & you can't see it unless I brush my hair aside. You won't need to shave your hair to 3mm if the transplant is done by a quality surgeon.

Hi dutch, thanks for your comment. Ive had a personal cons and numerous online and thats the first time ive been told i am not suitable yet. The pics i sent them were of my shaved head and they dont justify my situation. when my hair grows it looks so bad, thick back and sides and so thin on top, why should i wait till i progress in baldness 2 have a HT? Ive been consulting with Spex and hes doing his best negotiating prices with FELLER MEDICAL, he also agrees i need it. I dont think the reply i got was from a surgeon. Thanks again mate

Spex is well known on all the forums and can be trusted.

I am from the Uk and saw Dr Feller in October to repair my hair from poor surgery.

5 months out and I am already seeing great progress.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

• 6 months later...

HI BaldingIrish, I know your frustration of being rejected for ht as I experienced the same with dr. pong. He told me the same on my first attempt sending him my photos but I have to admit that I did not show the true extent of my baldness due to lighting effect.

I did send him some close up photos after a few days showing a clear sign of norwood IV and I was so glad that he was able to schedule a slot for me for ht within a month.

His reply is fast...and professional too.

Hey lexie,i have had 3 ht so far..this is a very easy question for me to answer,.out of my 3 different dr i have use. Dr dorin is without question the best .i am at 6 1/2 month my result so far is better then my other 2 trasplant result at 12 months..dr dorin was also incredibly patient with me.i went to consult with him 3 times.i did not use him the for my 1st or 2nd ht i am so happy i did for my 3rd..when i went to see him for the 3rd consult i felt very uneasy cause i kept going back to him to consult yet i never use him..i can tell you that dr dorin treated me the 3rd time as of it was my frist ..at the very least you should at least go and see him..one more thing,the amazing part about what dr dorin did for me is that i did not give dr dorin much to work with cause my donor is kind of low.yet he got the job done anyway..i cant imagine what my hair would look like if i went to him for all 3..i regret it big time..best of luck to you ...

• 1 year later...

Without any question it's Raymond konior of Chicago. Dr K is an absolute artist and self described control freak. He does one procedure per day and has a steady flow of patients from Hollywood because of his artistry and intelligence and work ethic. I have had absolutely stunning results 3,000 grafts. He also has. 25 years of experience and tries to learn something from each procedure . Excellent support staff in Tom , Lisa , Feliche.. Do not trust anyone else because Dr Konior gets the nuances and at 55 years old is in his prime. Great guy too .

Without any question it's Raymond konior of Chicago. Dr K is an absolute artist and self described control freak. He does one procedure per day and has a steady flow of patients from Hollywood because of his artistry and intelligence and work ethic. I have had absolutely stunning results 3,000 grafts. He also has. 25 years of experience and tries to learn something from each procedure . Excellent support staff in Tom , Lisa , Feliche.. Do not trust anyone else because Dr Konior gets the nuances and at 55 years old is in his prime. Great guy too .

well said, yep Dr. K is absolutely the best

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Yep and long overdue a top ISHRS award.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Lots of good docs.... Depend on location and if want to travel

Dr Haber in Cleveland is one of the good ones

Had repair work done by him

1985 had 3 Hts old plug method only thing around back then

He did a great job making it look very natural

Good luck