4th transplant done.

bonkerstonker

Well it's been 12 years of patroling and studying the internet and i've just had my fourth transplant which was with Hasson and Wong, it's a good job i started losing my hair at 19 otherwise i'd be a pensioner now.

I'd say i have saved quite a lot of native hairs over the years with meds and now my total ht graft count 8460 i'd imagine that would be about 16000 hairs hopefuly when this ht has grown in i can ditch you lot and move on like i've seen so many others do over the years.

ps only joking old big gob could never leave i prefer reading this than watching football ha ha

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Bonker,

Congrats congrats congrats! Pics pics pics!

;)

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Ha still in Canada at moment my head is absolutely banging the anaesthetic wears off on me really quickly nowadays during surgery it must be to do with how many surgeries I've had. We did 2160 grafts strategically in areas that will help the best which is the first cm of the hairline and straight down the middle from front to back and full scar redone so gonna try leave the staples in for a month and go for a really thin scar.

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Definitely not mate I hate going through the yearly Ht wait I never wanna see a surgeon again lol

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Congrats man it's been quite a ride for you hasn't it?

Look forward to your pics.

Rest up...

Indeed pal hopefully this will be my final curtain calling.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

WOW...I didn't know you were even planning on another one this early....staples in for a month??? Are you serious...actually I know you are but that seems crazy!! You are gonna wanna burn those staples when they come out!! Good luck!! I hope the scar does a lot better for you this time around!!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

WOW...I didn't know you were even planning on another one this early....staples in for a month??? Are you serious...actually I know you are but that seems crazy!! You are gonna wanna burn those staples when they come out!! Good luck!! I hope the scar does a lot better for you this time around!!

Thanks dude. I am a bit crazy anyway lol it will be interesting to see if I can do a month as i have quite a high pain freshhold but staples are such a annoying sensation that I may not do it but I'll let everyone know if I make it to a month.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Bonker! Congrats pal, didn't even realise you were seeing Dr Hasson again. All the best with it. How long you staying in Vancouver?

Staples for a month...I can't even think about staples, they're a nightmare but will be worth it my friend. Heal well!!

Cheers Dutch I'm here till Sunday the airline always makes me stay for a Saturday night so am here while Sunday. Did you have this problem with the airlines?

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Cheers Dutch I'm here till Sunday the airline always makes me stay for a Saturday night so am here while Sunday. Did you have this problem with the airlines?

I stayed in Vancouver for 18 days and treated it as a holiday and also because I didn't know how long I need to recover before flying back another 5k miles, I left on a Wednesday arriving back in London on Thursday morning. The flight back was 6pm which was a bit painful as you spent the entire night on the plane. Couldn't book a day flight for the journey home. But at least the staples were out!

I hate flying I always feel compressed at the best of times let alone been stuck on a plane high in the clouds with a loud of random heads going on holiday but it's got to be done if you want a good Ht. I'm staying on that mini island called Granville island it's really nice down here and it's the same side of the river as hw. That's a long time to stay in Vancouver I think 5 days is enough time to be feeling reasonable to get the flight home but like you've done you may as well have a holiday it is very beautiful here and everyone seems so nice I keep thinking surely someone must wanna glass me or nick my car ha ha. Are you getting your pictures up soon Dutch?

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Hey Bonk...congrats! I'm surprised you went in for another one...the last pics I see of you per your website is at 7 months out...what happened with your prior one...did it yield what you were looking for? Do you have some pics of the last results?

One month??? Did Dr. Hasson approve this?? I have never heard of keeping them in for a month that doesn't seem like a good thing to do as most docs say 14 days max and there are a lot of docs on this site that even say a lot earlier than that! Curious to see what the rational is behind this.

I have photos at home for my blog but I'm unsure wether or not that I'm gonna do a blog with photos every month this time as I find the wait is a lot harder when I keep a record like that, I'm debating it as I think it will be a lot easier just to ignore the situation and check in 12 months from now. Growing hair is a bit like watching paint dry so my thoughts are to stop watching.

My scar stretched to 5mm at it's thickest part on the right side but Joe, Lorenzo and Dr Hasson were really happy with the scar in other places so I know my body can heal the scar well but Dr Hasson thinks the problem is because my scalp is extremely strong and thick way above normal peoples so its hard for the tricho hairs to grow through the even thicker scar tissue, at least now I know why it doesnt hurt when I get kneed in head during cage fights and i rarely get cut. Also I have corse curly hair that causes problems in the scar as it's easier to just curl under the scar and make a ingrowing hair bump.

The month idea was mine but Dr Hasson said it can't hurt to try he said I have exceptional laxity so that should help too.

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I have photos at home for my blog but I'm unsure wether or not that I'm gonna do a blog with photos every month this time as I find the wait is a lot harder when I keep a record like that, I'm debating it as I think it will be a lot easier just to ignore the situation and check in 12 months from now. Growing hair is a bit like watching paint dry so my thoughts are to stop watching.

My scar stretched to 5mm at it's thickest part on the right side but Joe, Lorenzo and Dr Hasson were really happy with the scar in other places so I know my body can heal the scar well but Dr Hasson thinks the problem is because my scalp is extremely strong and thick way above normal peoples so its hard for the tricho hairs to grow through the even thicker scar tissue, at least now I know why it doesnt hurt when I get kneed in head during cage fights and i rarely get cut. Also I have corse curly hair that causes problems in the scar as it's easier to just curl under the scar and make a ingrowing hair bump.

The month idea was mine but Dr Hasson said it can't hurt to try he said I have exceptional laxity so that should help too.

Okay so a stupid question, did you get the trico closure this time around??

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Yes tricho as I feel it's worth going for it again but popping the spots as soon as they appear and the extra staple time should help. The little tricho hairs I had in the scar made the scar look much better once grown through.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

It is very nice at the Granville I prefer it to the new posher hotel that hw use nowadays as I've been in both now.

Nar you can't drink for a week post op but I usually stop drinking for 6 months as it's good to have a detox and I cancel my whole social life until I can hide the Ht well enough to go out.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Bonker,

Congratulations! I'm chomping at the bit for photos. Can't wait to see how your 4th transplant develops. Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Staples for one month?!? Godspeed bonker. I was ready to rip 'em out after 3 days.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I hate flying I always feel compressed at the best of times let alone been stuck on a plane high in the clouds with a loud of random heads going on holiday but it's got to be done if you want a good Ht. I'm staying on that mini island called Granville island it's really nice down here and it's the same side of the river as hw. That's a long time to stay in Vancouver I think 5 days is enough time to be feeling reasonable to get the flight home but like you've done you may as well have a holiday it is very beautiful here and everyone seems so nice I keep thinking surely someone must wanna glass me or nick my car ha ha. Are you getting your pictures up soon Dutch?

Yeah the flight home was crazy with the people in front who kept shaking their seats hard- they couldn't fit in the seats comfortably. What airline did you use, any good?

It's a nice place but I got fed up in the end as I stayed way too long & the Chinese food was too much on almost a daily basis!!

So you should be all done now Bonker & no more HTs!

Yeah I will be, just had nothing to report before. Been checking out you profile from time to time but no pics after 7 months?

Congrats.......it has been a long road for you.......you should have an outstanding result with these additional grafts. Good luck and look forward to seeing your results!

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Yes it seems to be a highly populated Chinese area which is cool as I like Chinese food but I'd imagine it does get a bit much every day lol.

Aarron yes it's not gonna be pleasant but neither is the thought of my scar stretching again and me not putting up with the staples a bit longer.

Plunge thanks dude I've decided to put my pre op Hasson 2 photos and 1 day post op but then leaving it till 6 months I think my shockloss months are not needed again. I'll do it as soon as I get back to Great Sunny Britain lol.

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1