2 month update- Dr. Rahal- 4,616 FUT

Capelli11

Hey everyone...I am providing my monthly updates...I have just hit the 2 month mark. Below are my pics. As you can see I am clearly in the ugly duckling stages as I have lost the majority of my HT hairs. I still have some redness esp on the corners as you can clearly in person see the shadow of my new hairline. It is tough being in this stage because I do get restless at times just wanting to leave my house without a hat. At times I feel like I am not in society in that I can't really do anything socially without a hat and have to pick and choose where I can go (i.e. hat permitting). I understand though that this is what I have to endure for the moment and I have fine with that. Just thought I would vent a little! lol.

I am still applying my rogaine foam twice a day and it really isn't too much of a burden...literally takes a few minutes each time I am becoming a pro at it! lol. From looking at my 1 month pics my other hair def has grown in (top and sides). The sides were growing faster than my top so I decided to give myself a hair cut...quite interesting...bc I didn't have the nerve/balls to go to my barber at this point. I used a #4 guard and it went pretty well...but my scar showed a bit...mainly bc there is a little shockloss left still.

All and all no real complaints...just waiting to hit like the 4 month mark to start seeing some results...I'm actually hoping to start seeing something at the 3 month mark...we shall see as there have been a lot of Dr. Rahal results lately and I am getting greedy in that I want those results now! lol

Should I begin to workout?! This is the big question and I have done my research and Dr. Rahal has said I can begin light work outs and then increase as I go...but I am still nervous to begin. I am at the point where I NEED to go back because I just feel unfit at this point. I have read a lot on this site about going back to work out...but still pose the question as to whether it is time to get back...I gather I will start light but every exercise pretty much involves the neck/head as they are all connected...so I am thinking maybe I'll wait till 3 months? Any advice would be great on what you personally did and if it hurt your scar in any way! Thanks again!!!

5b32d1714f13d_Front-HeadDown.JPG.5189c225333cfee4306dae038cef4dff.JPG

5b32d1716092f_Leftside.JPG.1120e10a07b28c549addbb72fdcaa40a.JPG

5b32d171752fe_Rightside.JPG.cf6ef01c1b94a089c0d17d54723adfcc.JPG

I think you can definitely start working out by 8 weeks. 4600 grafts is a crap load, especially for your level of loss!!! How old are you? Your hair looks good cut short. It won't be long and you will be good to go without a hat!

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

All looks normal......you will be through this phase pretty quickly and soon those little hairs will start showing up :) I don't think it woul be any problem for you to start your workouts with light weights. As long as you aren't doing anything to bet strain on your scar you should be greed to go.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Thanks for your thoughts...I am in my early 30's...was losing hair for a while but waited till I hit my early 30's before doing a HT as that seemed like the smart thing to do...plus my Toppik use was getting out of control! lol. My whole frontal third was hit so 4,600 seems like a lot but it really isn't too much...my frontal third was pretty thin and the hair I had remaining though it looked decent with Toppik in it...really was miniaturizing. My mid scalp hair is holding nicely thankfully and has come back in pretty nicely and I have good coverage from it so I'm hoping that once I get my frontal third growth I should be great for the time being as I am on Propecia and recently started Rogaine foam!

Cap, lookin good man. If you have any doubt about working out then don't do it yet. Some doctors say the scar takes a while to heal. Professional answers vary. You don't want to put any pressure in that area and cause any uncessary stretching to occur. Light workouts may be fine but I think any sort of lifting should be halted at least after the 3 month mark. After such an investment, I wouldn't risk anything that may put the donor area in jeopardy. Lots of grafts were planted in your frontal third, man your in for a great great result. From the pics you posted, everything is lookin good. happy growin

Hey Cap, this actually isn't bad as the ugly ducking phase goes. I agree with the others that its ok to start working out again. You will start to feel normal or human again when you do. You're going to look great in a few weeks.

Edited by Levrais

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Cap

Looking great man..and as usual good talking to you...maybe tomorrow we can catch up for a while..funny thing about working out...I too was getting restless, I sent Mike an email asking him if I could start jogging easy...nothing strenuous , i.e.-no sprint or sprint work and certainly no weights

His response- NO EXERCISE FOR ONE MONTH...

O well..I can weight another week, but I WILL NOT do weights for at least 3 months!!! FWIW

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Looking on point Cap! As far as lifting, you should just pay attention to how it feels. If there's a sensation of tightness/pulling in the scar area then adjust your weights, or avoid the movement. I would say focus more on aerobic exercise and diet and you'll definitely feel better about yourself.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Glad to see things are going well for you.

You'll be fine resuming your workout routine at this point. But of course, start off easy and build up to your normal routine. I started back in the gym as early as 4 weeks after both of my procedures.

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Thanks for all the comments...final question regarding working out...i have read a lot of comments/posts about it but have often also seen crunches (i.e. ab work) as not recommended for obvious reasons. Ironically this is the area that I need to work out the most! So with that said...what is everyone's opinions and real life experiences with doing some form of ab work and what did you do? I am 2 months out...I gather this could be enough time to start? The one ab machine I used to do was where it basically holds your head for you and u just do the traditional sit up motion lying on your back but again the machine has a head rest thing to hold/cradle your head to have less stress on it...wanted to see if this could be something I could do. Thanks!

Forget ab machines. For one I think it will put strain on your neck and possibly your scar. I also don't think they're the most effective way to work your core. These days I do hanging knee raises, planks, and roll-outs (you can buy a wheel designed for this--Target sells one for $9) or use a bar bell or curling bar. I also do cable chops to work the sides and lats.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I Just my HT Jan30/31, was told to do light exercise after day 5 and then back to my normal routine after 10 day's. This is starting to scare me, i was going to go to the gym tomorrow for my normal workout. After reading all of your response's i'm starting to rethink, maybe going to the gym wouldn't be the smartest move on my behalf. I had FUE done, and my Donor area doesn't hurt, is this still a mistake?

I started going back to the gym at the middle of month 2. But I concentrated mainly on reps with very light weights. Did a few hanging knee raises also ( but just a few: I made sure that my weight was suported by my shoulder and arm muscles and also, my knees never went past my waist so as to limit the stretch on the scar). The bulk of my visits thought were on the cardio machines (not the treadmills). Basicaly, I paid close attention to never do anything that would put any strain on my donor scar. Just took it REALLY easy but went often enough so that I did not get to rusty.