25, Receeding hairline, taking its toll on me

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your hair looks great...you need to forget about a hair transplant " for now " anyway!!

honestly i just disguise it well, gust of wind and its all on show :(

iv had a quote from Rahal, 1800 grafts works out about ?4500?

my mum knows the situation and problem, she can tell im unhappy, and shes said she is willing to help out , even if need be a transplant

so we will see

i guess even with a transplant that propecia/finpecia is still recommended? or do people stop taking once theyv had a HT?

honestly i just disguise it well, gust of wind and its all on show :(

iv had a quote from Rahal, 1800 grafts works out about ?4500?

my mum knows the situation and problem, she can tell im unhappy, and shes said she is willing to help out , even if need be a transplant

so we will see

i guess even with a transplant that propecia/finpecia is still recommended? or do people stop taking once theyv had a HT?

You'll need to keep on taking finisteride mate or you'll be forever chasing the dream and have to have hair transplant after hair transplant. take it for at least a year so it stablises and then consider filling in the gaps.

Well you certainly picked a great Dr to have a consult with!!! Dr Rahal is great!! He could probably do 1500 grafts in like 20 min...ha....jk.....seriously, He is great!!! Super surgeon!!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

nooooo lol 4500GBP

yeh iv looked at many different surgeons work but his is what keeps standing out to me, super results

whats your opinions on Strip vs FUE guys???

Pros & Cons? surely, with no scaring FUE is better?

the 1800 grafts for 4500GBP is strip method by the way

i have my hair like a number 3 on the sides/back, so just worry a little about the scar

Yes , Dr Rahal is great!! My experience was great! Just search the forums and you will see a to of pictures by me, Capelli, Sugarhighs, etc...guys whom have recently had surgery with Dr Rahal..

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

sufcfed

0.25mg on a finpecia tablet isalmost impossible to acieve cutting that tiny pill into 4's is really not worth the hassle. you might get away with 0.5mg i.e half a tab.

If you are really that bothered about taking the smallest amount to caox yourself into it. 0.5mg is low enough, just titrate yourself up taking more tabs each week

i.e for example

week 1 - 1x0.5mg

week 2 2x 05mg say one on monday one on thursday nice and far aaprt within the week.

week 3 3x 0.5mg and so on]]carry on until you are taking 0.5mg every day this will be over the space of seven weeks and you will still be at sub therapeutic dosages.

then start going up to 1mg

so again week 1 - 1x1mg

week 2 2x1mg and so on.

That is the ultra safe slow way to do it giving you body the most gentle exposure to the drug. This will take 14 week to get to 1mg per day

forget about 0.25mg.

I simply titrated myself from over 7 weeks using 1 more tab a week each week over 7 weeks worked a treat.

]

:)2250 Strip Dr Feller

:)1900 Strip Dr Feller

-----------------------------------

2 Great HT's & Experiences

sufcfed

0.25mg on a finpecia tablet isalmost impossible to acieve cutting that tiny pill into 4's is really not worth the hassle. you might get away with 0.5mg i.e half a tab.

If you are really that bothered about taking the smallest amount to caox yourself into it. 0.5mg is low enough, just titrate yourself up taking more tabs each week

i.e for example

week 1 - 1x0.5mg

week 2 2x 05mg say one on monday one on thursday nice and far aaprt within the week.

week 3 3x 0.5mg and so on]]carry on until you are taking 0.5mg every day this will be over the space of seven weeks and you will still be at sub therapeutic dosages.

then start going up to 1mg

so again week 1 - 1x1mg

week 2 2x1mg and so on.

That is the ultra safe slow way to do it giving you body the most gentle exposure to the drug. This will take 14 week to get to 1mg per day

forget about 0.25mg.

I simply titrated myself from over 7 weeks using 1 more tab a week each week over 7 weeks worked a treat.

]

cheers buddy, are you taking finpecia yourself? any sides at all?

just opened the parcel and they have a guide which is pretty much bang on your theory so will follow it and see how it goes

So, iv now got the tablets (ordered yday may i add and they arrived next day)

Im off out tonight with a few mates, so could be heavily drinking, so im going to start on the pills monday, really hope i dont get any sides and can continue to take them to try to halt any further loss

Hows your results been so far mate?

sufcfed, if you're a good fue candidate I would give a lot of thought to going that route. They say the cons of fue are lower yield and less efficient use of limited donor supply but I'm not sure that's correct with the right doc.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

sufcfed, if you're a good fue candidate I would give a lot of thought to going that route. They say the cons of fue are lower yield and less efficient use of limited donor supply but I'm not sure that's correct with the right doc.

how would you know if your a good candidate for FUE? apparently id be able to have either

also is the cost ALOT more?

The doc will tell you if you're a candidate. Essentially if he is willing to do the procedure then you are a suitable candidate. Unfortunately you're right that it costs more. This is because its a more difficult procedure from the Drs perspective but from your perspective its less invasive and results in less scarring.

View my patient website:

The doc will tell you if you're a candidate. Essentially if he is willing to do the procedure then you are a suitable candidate. Unfortunately you're right that it costs more. This is because its a more difficult procedure from the Drs perspective but from your perspective its less invasive and results in less scarring.

i'll try to get a quote for the same procedure under FUE too :)

Fue costs more but I don't think its that much more. For example the clinic I went to would probably charge something like 4500 GBP for that many fut and about 6000 GPB for fue. (if my math is correct??)

Edited by Levrais

View my patient website:

just opened the parcel and they have a guide which is pretty much bang on your theory so will follow it and see how it goes

Im off out tonight with a few mates, so could be heavily drinking, so im going to start on the pills monday, really hope i dont get any sides and can continue to take them to try to halt any further loss

Was that from that UKfinisteride site?

Without doubt finpecia has not only closed the gap with some sparse hair loss in the crown vertex but also it has stopped the little hairs I used to find alarmingly on my pillow daily, i.e miniturization. I've had no sides I used the taper schedule from uk finasteride it worked a treat,

:)

Without doubt finpecia has not only closed the gap with some sparse hair loss in the crown vertex but also it has stopped the little hairs I used to find alarmingly on my pillow daily, i.e miniturization. I've had no sides I used the taper schedule from uk finasteride it worked a treat,

fingers crossed it works for me

dont really think i have a problem on the crown just yet, its the hairline, and i know that fin/propecia ISNT proven to help on the hairline, but hey, if i get on it now and save any future loss on the top/crown then it will hold me in better sted should i go down the Hair Transplant route

just be good if it does slow down/stop the receeding hairline, i can only hope!

how long you been on it mate? and did you have any major 'Shed' that i have read time and time again that happens

more so into month 4 apparently, wont be looking forward to that! :(

You got to give it a shot.

THink of it this way, hair loss is progressive, it will get worse and worse, not in a linear fashion, it might stabilise for a while then go nuts and lose a shed load more. The best thing you can do is give some kind of 'insurance' and protect what you do have from DHT.

It will certainly be a good investment for the future.

I think I got a shed some months in I can't remember,

good luck