25, Receeding hairline, taking its toll on me

yeah just been reading up about the women bit buddy, no woman in my life rite now so that wouldnt matter at present

you mean the chances of affecting a baby stop once you come off it for a while?

Pretty nervy when you read the POSSIBLE side effects of propecia on wikipedia :(

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I do. There have been 2 studies I've seen, one reports bad defects in 2% and a recent Japanese study where it was 0.7%. You must remember they prescribe the exact same drug but 5 times stronger to men with prostate problems and there hasn't been too much fuss over that. I've also read that there have been bias studies done.

Only your first photo loaded for me, but honestly your hair looks fine for your age. Certainly way better than my hair at age 25. I think a NW1-NW2 is pretty normal for mid to late 20s and I'd only be concerned if you started seeing lots of diffuse thinning throughout the top of your head or your crown. Cutting your hair shorter at the sides can also give the effect of a fuller head of hair. You are certainly no where near the "must shave your head" phase (which I am unfortunately dealing with right now : ( so no need to do that unless you really want to. Enjoy the nice hair you have

Only your first photo loaded for me, but honestly your hair looks fine for your age. Certainly way better than my hair at age 25. I think a NW1-NW2 is pretty normal for mid to late 20s and I'd only be concerned if you started seeing lots of diffuse thinning throughout the top of your head or your crown. Cutting your hair shorter at the sides can also give the effect of a fuller head of hair. You are certainly no where near the "must shave your head" phase (which I am unfortunately dealing with right now : ( so no need to do that unless you really want to. Enjoy the nice hair you have

cheers buddy, i had it cut yday and definitely having the sides shorter makes it alot better, plus the shorter i now keep it the less drastic if i ever do have to shave off

Used the nizoral today, doesnt really foam up very much though????

Going to order some 1mg finasteride this week, i cant be bothered with the cutting, if i can keep my hair as it is just for a few more years i will be happy

cheers buddy, i had it cut yday and definitely having the sides shorter makes it alot better, plus the shorter i now keep it the less drastic if i ever do have to shave off

Used the nizoral today, doesnt really foam up very much though????

Going to order some 1mg finasteride this week, i cant be bothered with the cutting, if i can keep my hair as it is just for a few more years i will be happy

Yeah I didn't find it foamed up either. I'm going to use it every 3 days so it doesn't dry out my hair.

Let us know how the order goes if your ordering from the UK finisteride.info site

will do mate, been reading up alot more about finasteride tonight, it does sound promising, the only thing that freaks the hell out of me is the amount of people who report an initial big shedding of hair in the first few months :( if that happened then id may aswell shave it off at that point :(

will do mate, been reading up alot more about finasteride tonight, it does sound promising, the only thing that freaks the hell out of me is the amount of people who report an initial big shedding of hair in the first few months :( if that happened then id may aswell shave it off at that point :(

If you do shed that can only be a good sign and from the pictures you probably wouldn't notice it anyway. It's only the weaker hairs that were already on there way out that shed and then they come back stronger.

thats the unlucky thing, NONE of my family have any baldness nor down the line :( just unlucky! :(:(

Ehm, that's actually very luck of you. Perhaps the baldness isn't going beyond the Norwood/Hamilton 4 scale!

Regardless, you should consult online with Dr. Devroye(in Brussels Belgium), or any other of the recommended Doctors in this site, before taking action. Perhaps you are not even suffering from Male Pattern Baldness.

guys been reading lots again today, seem like sooooo many people suffer side effects :( loss of libido being the main one, would hate this!

so i was thinking IF i do order generic fin 1mg, how about halfing them and taking 0.5mg a day and see how it goes?

Hello

See a doctor to discuss your hairloss. Ask questions about Finasteride and cutting the pills into "4's" . This is much cheaper than Propecia and can stabilize your hairloss.

Based on the photo, you are fine

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

People without side-effects tend not to complain on the internet, therfore an accurate or at least estimated ratio of unaffected vs. affected finasteride side-effects incurring patients is difficult if not impossible.

ok guys im going to order the 13 month supply of ''finpecia - 1mg finasteride''

Is this the correct item to order? ideally id want to take .25mg each day and see how i go with side effects etc

therefor im going to need some kind of cutter that will cut the 1mg into 4 x .25mg , any recommendations???

oh btw the 13 month supply is going to cost me ?229, but as i'll be cutting into 4 its gonna be more like 4 years worth

any recommendations on the best cutter would be highly appreciated

Thanks

Cardboard cutter.

Definitely 0.25 is better for starting, if no side-effects show, you can augment the dosage. Don't do it unless you have done a general endocrine examination before and are being supervised by a doctor.

Cardboard cutter.

Definitely 0.25 is better for starting, if no side-effects show, you can augment the dosage. Don't do it unless you have done a general endocrine examination before and are being supervised by a doctor.

Is the test and docs really critical? :confused: really dont want to go to the docs if i can avoid it

if i feel any side effects id simply come off it?

People without side-effects tend not to complain on the internet, therfore an accurate or at least estimated ratio of unaffected vs. affected finasteride side-effects incurring patients is difficult if not impossible.

This is very true, it's seen in life in general, people are all to keen to shout out when somethings wrong but keep quiet when something good happens or they get good service etc

This is very true, it's seen in life in general, people are all to keen to shout out when somethings wrong but keep quiet when something good happens or they get good service etc

A can attest that. I worked in an international technical support department. :)

guys iv just taken the plunge, i feel so depressed about my hair rite now i HAVE TO ACT

iv ordered 1mg finpecia (?229 for 14 months supply)

im going to cut the pills in two so im taking .5mg per day (is it ok to do .5mg EACH day?)

WISH ME LUCK :(

if the sides effects prove too overpowering for me then i will just admit defeat and pluck up the courage to shave my head and hope that something comes out in the near future or consider a HT later down the line

i dont really know why, but it seems really aggressive the last 6 months, this has caused me to become depressed and very very stressed which in return could be adding to the aggressivness of the receeding.

sucks big time!