Dispelling the myths about hair loss

A few years ago a television crew from the CBC came to our clinic for a piece they were doing about hair loss myths and they asked us to go on camera to discuss what people think about hair loss and what causes it. Dr. Hasson had some free time so he was able to answer some of the basics on air.

Check it...

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

"Environmental toxins". Joe, I'm so sorry that Dr. Hasson had to put up with all that nonsense but I'm glad he did.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Is Dr. Hasson from England or is he Canadian and have that great accent?

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

• 1 month later...

^ exactly.

Stress can cause hair loss. But not all hair loss is created equal, and stress isn't likely to be contributing to the type of hair loss you're concerned with.

MPB -- hairloss that's tethered to your genetic inclinations toward the balding you'll experience, barring meds like Propecia, Rogaine, or hair transplantation -- is really just MalePatternBaldness, and being the most stress-free person in the world ain't going to save you :)

DHT is where it's at -- which is what meds like Propecia try to halt in its place, and thus halt your hairloss/MPB.

In my experience, the most that stress can really do to you, is perhaps in extreme circumstances cause an acceleration of your MPB -- eg, already miniaturized hairs, may fall to their death a it sooner than they otherwise would.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I've seen a woman with stress lose a lot of hair make no mistake stress does cause hairloss but not the type we're interested in the woman in question regrew most of her hair back without meds but it never looked as good with regards to quality. Severe stress with mpb would be very bad news.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Has Dr. Hasson ever considered a hair transplant himself? I noticed he has some recession and thinning. I would imagine that it would not be difficult for a man of his status in the community to get great work done easily. With the advances of technology it is almost undetectable. I wonder what his personal reasons are.

I thought about asking him that yesterday but thought better of it! All he would have to do is go next door and let Dr Wong do it. Maybe he's not bothered his hair looks great for his age anyway.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

• 2 weeks later...

I love hearing all of the rationalization of what causes hairloss ( from the average Joe). I myself had this thought process and really stuggled with these crazy thoughts

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!