LEAVING IN A FEW HOURS!!! Dr. Rahal HT- 12/6/2011

Capelli11

Well guys...the time is almost here...I am almost done packing and getting everything all ready for my big day on Tuesday...I will be leaving in the early morning (Monday a.m.)...have an appt with Dr. Rahal to discuss hairline design to finalize it. My surgery is scheduled for 9 am on Tuesday December 6th. I am getting 3k grafts FUT to frontal third to restore my hairline for those that haven't been following my threads lately.

Wish me luck guys as I embark on this journey that I have been waiting for for over 10 years!!!

You'll need more luck on the trip there than during the surgery itself. ;) Have fun!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Hey everyone...I'm now at Foxbar...must say place is really nice...very cozy...I am here with one guy from Australia and one from London...both of which are HT pros as they each had over 2 procedures with Dr. Rahal.

So I had my pre HT meeting with Dr. Rahal...I had a consult with him in person before...signed my consent...boy that was scary to say the least...the stuff in any consent form is crazy let alone this one...but it is what it is.

I met with him and I wanted to talk about the hairline but he said it was better if we did that tomorrow (i.e. to draw it on me) which makes sense I guess...but I was obviously nervous so we talked for a bit about what I was looking for so that there would not be any surprises come tomorrow...he showed me some more results..results that were never posted before....man...unbelievable...typical Rahal results...great hairlines. So that pumped me up and he is very confident too which is great to see. He said we will go over everything tomorrow and won't proceed until I am comfortable with everything which put me at ease somewhat.

So I am now hangin at Foxbar...I will do a full detail write up about the place and now seeing the place what I could pass on to future patients (i.e. what to expect and what to bring,etc). Little nervous but I guess this is normal.

Hopefully I'm ok tomorrow that I can keep you guys posted. Thanks again for everyone's well wishes and good luck remarks...much appreciated!!!

Man this is great! Like I said, Cap I feel like you are family..good luck, calm down...I need you to keep me calm as I am now 45 days out! Hows the weather? I hope I get 3 feet of snow while Im there. Being from the south I don't get to see it much! Also, sounds like a good cozy place to recover and watch it snow.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Hey Cap

Im gonna be there from Jan 18-24th..see, if possible, if you can find out if I will have any company there..just wondering if its booked that week. I could use some company!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Capelli,

It's normal to be nervous and asking yourself if you're really going to do this. Things will settle down once you get in the chair and especially when the meds kick in, lol. As for the hairline drawing, make sure you get what you like but keep in mind that the doc has seen and drawn more hairlines in the last year than most of us will see in a life time. He can help you decide and will know what is likely to look good on you. you're in good hands from what I've seen. Looking forward to your write up tomorrow.

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Thanks for all your words guys...NEWHAIRPLEASE: No worries...I will fill you in on everything...you will be fine as I wish I knew what I know now...stay tuned till I do my write up. There is company here...it is always booked pretty much. House is really nice...like a bed and breakfast.

I am still on the fence about shaving down though...don't know which way i should go...gonna be a game time decision i guess...see what Rahal says is best.

Cap,

I'll wish you luck though you won't need it. You are in superb hands my friend. Try to relax and make the best of it. It's all worth it in the end.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Good luck man.

The Foxbar is surely packed in advance, gonna be there in Jan from 2nd till 7th then gonna have to move to a hotel coz its already booked, then I'm gonna move back to the foxbar on the 12th till the 17th when I get my sutures removed, wish I could stay there the entire duration, those recliners seem to be essential for smoothing the recovery.

Any reco's on ottawa hotels?