American Crew Fiber is the Best I have Ever Used

Cant decide

I finally bought and used American Crew Fiber. Simply put, it is the best product I have ever used on my transplanted hair bar none. Far superior to Samy zero calorie pomade which is a decent product. It is a must try for guys that keep a shorter style and like a strong hold.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

newhairplease,

Do you use toppik?

from the pics on your profile....you still have lots of thick native hairs. I bet if you use a slight amount of toppik, or grew your hair out, no one could tell you're balding. You're like the ideal candidate for toppik.

Hmm... maybe I'll order some of that American Crew. I have been trying Kevin.Murphy's gritty business for a bit. It's ok. So far the best for me has been the Sammy combined with Aveda thickening potion. But if AC surpasses that maybe I should jump on board.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

One interesting thing about this stuff is that a little goes a long way but if you do use more than you should, it does not tend to weigh your hair down. With most pomades, if you use just a little too much, it either weighs your hair down or leaves it really greasy. Amazing stuff really.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Looks cool CANTDECIDE. I have always thought that gels make hair stickier and looks thinner. Buy this american crew fiber looks amazing. Im going to order some. Thanks for sharing. I hope it works well with concealers like Nanogen or Toppik, I guess we should apply these concealers then apply american crew fiber :-)

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

aaron, AC is better than the SAMY in my opinion.

harir, this is not a gel but a paste and is meant to be used on slightly wet or dry hair. I towel dry my hair and then rub some in.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Anybody using this Amercian Crew fiber along with toppik or nanogen? Which to apply first???

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Anybody using this Amercian Crew fiber along with toppik or nanogen? Which to apply first???

I dont use Toppik anymore but if I were, I would put the Toppik on first and then the Fiber. You will get some toppik on your hands when you message the fiber through but that should not really matter.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Ok, you guys convinced me. Even though I already have Samy Fat Hair, Aveda Grooming Clay, and Kevin Murphy gritty business on my bathroom counter top I went ahead and bought some American Crew Fiber. Here are some pics I took after applying it for the first time. I worked it in and then blow dried a little bit. Not bad! We'll see how it holds up through the day.

5b32d0a571d73_Photoon12-7-11at10_12AM.jpg.35f8c4c5227cef2b3b37440cd649bf2b.jpg

5b32d0a5e6e92_Photoon12-7-11at10_14AM.jpg.e6fe32eab010f4b3ed7d24ae907f92af.jpg

5b32d0a60179a_Photoon12-7-11at10.14AM2.jpg.0365240ac5d7d3831f07c9490fe5ecc6.jpg

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I love American Crew Fiber too! But only when my hair is short enough, so I can use the fiber to create a messy look. When my hair is longer, I prefer the American Crew Defining Paste or l'Or?al Studio Line Special FX Remix.

Radius - my hair is starting to get long since my HT. I would say close to 4 inches and even though i like the AC Fiber as it gives my hair more thickness it's hard using it with longer hair. I've read on the American Crew site that the AC Defining Paste works better on longer hair.

Does the defining paste still give the fullness and thickness as the fiber? What's the difference between the two?

Deitel130, the defining paste is a bit more shiny and has a bit less hold/fixture than the fiber, but it doesn't make your hair look less dense than the fiber I think (but I'm not very sure, because I don't have thin hair). The defining paste is definitely easier to use on longer hair.

I prefer the fiber when my hair is like on the picture next to my name. When it gets (an inch) longer, I switch to the defining paste.