Are you self conscious ???

How many people on here who have had successful transplants, are self conscious about anyone thinking or noticing you've had a hair transplant? I just wanna be able to not wear a hat, go to get my hair cut, and not have to worry about people thinking I've had a hair transplant! Did your self consciousness go away? Are you still self conscious? I know a lot of people on here have had VERY successful looking transplants! Just wondering how you feel now?

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

After a few months when the new hair start sprouting, your self consciousness with friends/family will go to zero.

Of course, there are special times where you might have to be a little self conscious. I've sat in a crowded salon where a women was fading a man's hair...asked if this was a HT scar...and complimented on a very nice transplant. That musta been a little embarrassing but I doubt the guy really cared after he walked out of the salon.

But in normal everyday life, no one will look close enough at your hair to notice anything. I stopped worrying about my transplant after a couple months. I'm more worried about how my head of hair looks looks due to nasty/greasy minox.

Looking at your pics, you still have a lot of native hairs...it'll be very easy to blend in with the transplanted hairs. No one will know you got a HT.

Edited by destro21

I was initially worried about that, but with the way things turned out, at five months it already looked very natural and people I told about the transplant, including my stylist said they would never be able to tell. Obviously people notice you have more hair, but people who don't know I had a HT have commented on how they really like the way I am styling my hair or they will say something about what I have been doing with my workout routine. So, bottom line, that feeling will go away.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

I am not self conscious at any time in any way concerning my HT. To be honest, I thought that I would be at least to some extent but it is so natural that there is no way it would ever be detected even with close examination. I forget it is a HT and it really does seem like native hair.

The only thing I am a bit self conscious about is my somewhat thinning crown which did not bother me before when basically the rest of the top was also thin :)

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I am not really self conscious about a hair transplant as long as it looks good.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Newhairplease, you are going to one of the top 5 doctors in the world, and quite possibly the best at hairlines. IMO the hairline is where a transplant is either "make or break". A natural hairline means everything.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

RC

I'm not the least bit nervous about my choice in surgeons! I'm just nervous in general! Ready to be able to go out in public and not have to worry about hairloss!

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

I'm not the least bit worried that people will notice I had a transplant. Maybe just a little concerned in the first few weeks/months during the ugly duckling stage - but not now. I'm still self-conscious around harsh lights. I'll actually check out the ceilings in a room to find the best place to stand/sit.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

i buzz my back and sides short, but long enough to hide the scar. I am always afraid in well lit situations, people will still see my scar. So I do not like it when people stand behind me in line. As for the front, i am afraid of a very sunny day :(

Who did your surgery? Did you have a lot of problems with your scar?

Newhairplease!!

My Hairloss Website

Just had HT No. 4 last week. I'm not self-conscious about the transplanted hair but I'm self-conscious about the scar at times when my barber cuts my hair a little too short. Since I just had surgery last week and the doc trimmed the areas where grafts were placed, I now have an uneven haircut. I'll be going back to work soon so Ive got to figure out a fairly even hairstyle that conceals my eventual shedding and scar. These next several months are probably the most stressful.