diet "anti-dht" for hairloss

Sorry, your post is a bit confusing: are you saying a blood test showed that you have a nutritional deficiency? There is no proven food or dietary supplement that will prevent hairloss.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I don't know where you heard green tea is good for hairless. Sounds like an ol' wives tale to me. There's really no diet you have can to reverse your hair loss. The only thing you should "eat" to prevent further hair loss is a Propecia 1MG pill on a daily basis.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

The only thing you should "eat" to prevent further hair loss is a Propecia 1MG pill on a daily basis.

LOL Good way to put it!

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Unfortunately there's no diet or supplements around that can truly slow, halt or reverse hairloss. There's many people who claim they've used things like Biotin, Green Tea extract, Pumpkin Seed and pretty much every other supplement you'll find in a health store and had positive results, but I've never seen any truly impressive results and there's no proper scientific studies into any of these concoctions.

At the risk of sounding pedantic, a healthy diet and good multivitamin supplement certainly isn't going to hurt your hairloss, but the only way to slow down or halt hairloss is by using minoxidil and/or propecia. It's tempting to believe those who tell you otherwise, but it's really not true.

In the interests of fairness, there is a section on these forums and many other forums devoted to proposed herbal and dietary ways to treat hairloss. Some people report (anecdotally) good results on their proposed regimens, but you'll quickly find photo evidence and scientific corroboration are hard to find. The bottom line; don't trust anything unless you can see it working and quantify how and why it's doing so. We all know how tempting it is to believe you can pick up some capsules from a health store and start saving your hair, but always wait for the evidence, and you'll quickly see that apart from propecia and minoxidil, there isn't much evidence for anything else working.

There are diets for testosterone, either for keeping it high or low, and food obviosuly effects hormones, just look at the websites for women prone to different kinds of breast cancer and the lists of foods and herbs they avoid, all in the name of keeping hormones in check. But you would hardly wanna be lowering testosterone for long if you wanna function properly. So i agree, just get on the propecia and eat healthier and strong..i.e. get protein.

Here’s a quote from a doc, i just saw. I'm intrigued by food and its influence on hormones..

The estrogenic and progestogenic compounds in food may be of greater importance than direct effect of foods, herbs and spices effect on testosterone levels. Altering the testosterone to estrogen ratio can greatly influence anabolism in man. Essentially, this means the more estrogen, the less muscl

I too am interested to learn more about how food intake and exercise affect testosterone and estrogen levels. It's clear that food and exercise, or lack thereof, alter our hormones; but to what extent would it impact our DHT levels?

Could it be that the less testosterone and more estrogen a man has, the less hair loss he would experience? I don't know the answer, but I think it's an interesting question worth examining...

Has this issue been discussed elsewhere?

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

By the way, I can vouch for Biotin. However, I don't think prevents hair loss or regrows hair. What Biotin is good for is maintaining the overall health and quality as well as promoting growth of the hair that you already have.

I always wondered what women meant when I heard them talking about this or that product making their hair feel so "healthy." After a month on Biotin, I know exactly what they mean....

I have noticed a definite improvement in the fullness and texture of my hair. It just feels healthy! I keep finding myself running my hands through my hair lately, which is a new thing. It feels different; it's not greasy, yet fuller. It seems more alive.

Also, I have noticed that my hair is growing substantially faster, especially my face and body hair. Before starting Biotin, I shaved 3x a week. Now I'm shaving 5x a week.

All and all, I've had a great experience with Biotin and I'll be on it for life! However, I don't expect it to prevent any hair loss, nor do I think it will regrow what hair I have already lost. It just makes what I do have look and feel a lot better. I also feel like my hair is much easier to style now because it has more volume... It's definitely been noticeable to me, and I'm usually not the type of guy to notice such things...

As a matter of fact, I think I'm going to start a new thread on my experience with Biotin.

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Here's a little information on this subject. Supposedly tubers, which are vegetables like sweet potatos, etc., are where Finasteride was discovered.

Reishi Mushroom Inhibits 5-Alpha Reductase? - Balding Blog

Diet and Hair Loss — I Need Real Information!!! - Balding Blog

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Biotin definitely helps with hair quality and overall health! But as far as hairloss goes, I don't think biotin has much if any impact.

The big problem with going this route is that none of the suggestions are truly verifiable. You'll have no shortage of suggestions and, in theory, there's a chance one of them could work wonders for you. But it's very unlikely you'll see a real improvement to the point that it could be considered medically beneficial.

There's no doubt androgenetic alopecia is an inflammatory condition and some people do suggest diet can play a part in that whole side of things. There's anecdotal evidence in the way that hairloss seems more prevalent in cultures with high saturated fat diets, but hairloss is everywhere, so there's no magic bullet waiting to be discovered. I know plenty of people who are as fit as a fiddle and eat pretty much pure, healthy, wholesome diets but are still bald. The reason is because whatever the exact process for balding, the root of the problem is genetics. Your body is predisposed to go in that direction, and ultimately you can't do anything about that save for slow it down via proven medication or replace it via hair transplantation.