Just back from round two, 2380 grafts with Dr. Gabel

Speegs

Just back from my 28th birthday to myself, augmenting my hair, had a good but incomplete restoration of my frontal third last August with Dr. Alexander who did a little over 2700 grafts in the frontal third but didn't obtain optimal density.

Alexander does fine work, would never speak ill of him, he did great job and great with scar.

But I wanted to be a little more aggressive since my hairloss is essentially stabilized and has been for some time, I didn't want to be over the top but i wanted a marginally more aggressive hairline and all density issues beefed up.

The man who did it, the congenial and generous Dr. Steve Gabel in Portland, Oregon.

I allowed him to shave down the 2700+ grafts in my frontal third to really get in there and fill it in and push the hairline down slightly, so bam! We got 2380 into the spaces between and in front of 2700+.

Meaning all goes well and i'm gonna have 5100 or so grafts in the frontal third in a nine months to a year time span and i think it's gonna rock density wise, totally excited, Dr. Gabel even moreso than I was, he was ecstatic with the result...now I just have to be patient because i might actually have that rare full appearing restoration of the frontal third.

2700 plus 2380 makes for some fine density i project and i cannot wait...but damn it i have to, two days post op now, very tender in the donor very ugly in the recipient but very excited about the future result.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Hi bud

Glad you feel you've reached your goal , I had a 2100 crown grafts in 2007 with Dr Feller , I want to have my front done now and I'm back on here looking at frontal work . I'll be going back to Dr Feller as I rate him as one of the best , but that isn't stopping me looking at frontal stuff from other docs .

Have you got any pics as this sounds a fantastic number of grafts for the front and I'm interested how it looks , design wise , density and placement .

Many thanks

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Hi bud

Glad you feel you've reached your goal , I had a 2100 crown grafts in 2007 with Dr Feller , I want to have my front done now and I'm back on here looking at frontal work . I'll be going back to Dr Feller as I rate him as one of the best , but that isn't stopping me looking at frontal stuff from other docs .

Have you got any pics as this sounds a fantastic number of grafts for the front and I'm interested how it looks , design wise , density and placement .

Many thanks

richie

Hello, I'll post t the one week mark when i get my sutures out and the crusts are essentially clean, I can't show you much right now but picture this, 2700 grafts producing a restored hair frontal zone with need for temple touch up in density 13 months post op, now picture 2380 grafts strategically placed throughout those 2700, density should be very impressive after it grows as essentially two cases the same size have been performed, one for framework, the other just to add density.

Love to see some before pics too. I love Gabels work.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Three days post op pics.

And one showing you pre surgery restoration, keep in mind those post op pics represent entirely new grafts as the existing 2700 was shaved down.

*Note that is not the hairline Dr. Gabel drew, just one i was playing around in the mirror with while contemplating what augmentation i desired.

IMG_0318.jpg.29801320327bb23500d00d7b0e3856a7.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg.324e7d1abc5e4ce18ba798d6ee1ca39a.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg.a281aa57f6d5ad63079d1aae5c0a3649.jpg

Speegs,

Let me congratulate you again! Dr. Gabel sounds like a truly class act from all the I've heard. I'm very anxious to see how your results will turn out.

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

5100 in the front 1/3 is some seriously major density! Dr. G seems to be a great doctor and great person.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

5100 in the front 1/3 is some seriously major density! Dr. G seems to be a great doctor and great person.
I'm hoping so, with a fine hair of a medium caliber it takes more than the generalized 3000 to get a satisfying frontal restoration.

Figured I'd chime in with everyone else: this looks great. You picked good docs.
Thanks, already it is healing smoother than my first one, knock on wood, last time i was pink scalped in the recipient area for two months, this time I'm six days out and i scarcely notice any color at all, plus I haven't shed a single hair, last time I shed most of my hair within the first 8 days.

My body is definitely handling this one different for some reason.

Thanks, already it is healing smoother than my first one, knock on wood, last time i was pink scalped in the recipient area for two months, this time I'm six days out and i scarcely notice any color at all, plus I haven't shed a single hair, last time I shed most of my hair within the first 8 days.

My body is definitely handling this one different for some reason.

This is just speculation, but do you think the difference comes from Gabel's treatment or from your body? I'm just wondering what the cause of the difference might be.

This is just speculation, but do you think the difference comes from Gabel's treatment or from your body? I'm just wondering what the cause of the difference might be.
Speculation would be since this is round two filling in gaps between existing hair, the trauma isn't as close together, sound plausible?

Speculation would be since this is round two filling in gaps between existing hair, the trauma isn't as close together, sound plausible?

Makes sense to me. I know it's early yet, but are you still feeling good about the progress?

Makes sense to me. I know it's early yet, but are you still feeling good about the progress?

Now it's just be patient time, I've shed most of the hair shafts as it is 18 days post op and my existing hair is stubble where it's growing back in the recipient site so I'm going to look stupid for a few more weeks with slight pinknesss but not harsh color and uneven hair. I'm wearing a hat.

Good thing I'm not in a wedding until December. 3rd so my hair can grow back, bu the density boost won't be witnessed until at least March.

Waiting game.