Hasson 5300 in diffuse thinner 6 months

bonkerstonker

Well it's been half a year and not much change this month again so i went to see my trichologist, for all them that don't see one it's a Dr for hair basically. She said that the growth appears to be very slow this time which is always nice to hear lol she also went on to say they are lots of pits all over the transplanted area that haven't got any growth at all yet she said the crown is especially slow, at the bottom of the crown where i had no pre ht hair it's a lot easier to see whats going on as there was no pre ht hair there thats why it looks totally bald still in my pictures but she did go on to say crowns are slower growing and she could see one or two hairs just starting to break through at the bottom of the crown now, also my front hairline that was lowered by 3 mm back to where it naturally should be is very sparse still but i can see that my self.

With regards to the scar i always thought the thick wide bald area along the strip was from my staple holes but she thinks it's looking a lot like it is the actual scar which she measured to be 5mm thick so i really hope she's wrong as that is very thick.

On a positive note I take comfort in knowing it was done by the best Ht surgeon in the world also my scar is high so it allows me to shave a blade 3 under it and have the above part long covering the scar also the texture and colour of my hair feels much better than pre ht. Oh and i do feel quite a few spikes growing so for them that haven't had a ht before spikes are generally ht hairs that grow at full thickness straight away usually.

To sum things up my arse is nipping a bit at this point as i'm in a position now where it's either gonna be a very slow growing ht or a nightmare come true but nobody said a ht wait was easy and there's still another 6 months growth to come so it aint over until the fat lady sings!!

Photos on blog link below.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Thanks guys, i've noticed just this last year most hts have a lot quicker growth than what they did a few years ago so when you see people regulary around you having significant growth between 4 - 6 months then it disheartens you a bit but a few years ago it was normal to have hardly any growth at 6 motnhs and then it powers through on the last 6 months so fingers crossed mine will be like that, there is a example here of how things used to grow for most patients. Hair Restoration Journal -9 months - 11 months

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Hang in there...you still have a lot of growing left to do! Please keep us posted!

I'm seeing progress.... more will come.

This is before, then five months and six months. The front is fuller at six months compared to five and the mid-scalp is filled in considerably as well. Note how wide the area of thinning is at five months and how narrow it is at six months. The crown is improved as well albeit not as much but that is not unusual.

b4-5mo-6mo.jpg?771471123

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Hang in there Bonker, you have a lot of growing to go yet. There is so much variance from person to person as to how fast it grows, etc. It is a lot thicker than it was before your HT and it will continue to get much better in the months to come. I looked at your photo blogs and you can definitely see progress along the way.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

I see improvement too. It just looks like it's coming along slowly for you. Your hairline has the most improvement.

I totally understand your concerns though cause you had 5,300 grafts and you're expecting one hell of a result, and rightly so. You didn't have a lot of hair loss to start with, IMO. So 5,300 grafts should really give you a home run result, just give it time.

I don't like the looks of your scar though. Your scar in your 4 month pic looks unacceptable. I don't know if scars really shrink or not, so maybe it will improve, but it does look like 5-6mm in the 4 month pic. So maybe the trichologist was right when she measured it.

I actually thought that scars only stretch, not shrink, but I could be wrong. Because I was under the impression that when docs talk about healing time for your scar, they mean the time it will take for the redness to go away and for it to smooth out to the same surface level as the rest of your scalp. So I'd be interested to know if we should expect to see your scar improve in terms of width over the next couple months.

Post some updated pics of the scar when you get a chance. Good luck and grow well.

Bonker, I'm at 7 months officially this week and still feeling lots of hairs just beginning to poke through. As others have stated, you are only at the halfway point. Lots more growth and maturity to come so hang in there!

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

There is definitely time yet for things to dramaticaly improve so it's not panic stations yet but I think by today's standards, the size of the op and who did the work I should be in a better situation but as long as it comes good eventually I can deal with it. I have faith!

Joe yes I agree there does seem to be improvement in the areas where I have most pre op hair in the front and the sides so I suppose the new immature Ht hairs with the pre Ht hairs are probably doing a considerable job that makes the middle look even weaker. The length of my hair on top is longer than month 5 and curls inwards slightly so it makes the middle loss not as wide I think.

With regards to the scar I'm still in the train of thought it must be scarring from the staples that has stumped growth above the scar because in the early months it had little lumps all the way along it a lot Like a load of staple punctures would make, with a bit of luck it will be as the hair can grow back around the puncture holes quite easy when fully healed. It's far too wide to be the actual scar but I'll take photos at 10 months or so when it has had plenty of time to heal.

If you look at them pictures Joe has posted above you can see how accurate Dr Hasson is simply because the loss pattern is virtually the same pre op to 6 months with the thickest and thinnest areas meaning Dr Hasson saved all my pre op hair, I'm extremely happy about that because for many years I thought there could be a great risk in transplanting amongst so much native hair.

I think the expression it's more stressful than moving house should be changed to it's like waiting for a Ht result lol.

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Yeah Bonker, things have definitely gotten better. Maybe the quick growth is harder to come by for diffuse thinners - but I definitely see some improvement. So hang tight. I really can't wait to see your 12 month pics and then compare then to your six month pics. I'm sure they'll be a notable difference.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Bonker,

Changes have definitely taken place and you've got loads more to come. I hope that the next 6 months bring you the final result you are hoping for!

Good luck to you!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Bonker, you did go to one of the best in the world, so just have faith in their ability. Believe me, I know how tough that is to do, and pretty easy to say; but I am also quite unhappy with my current 7 month progress. Stay strong, voice your thoughts and feeling on here, we will have your back buddy. After all, we are all in this together.

2/14/2011 Surgery #1 Dr. Ivan Cohen - 1539 grafts, 1's - 475

2's - 989

3's - 75

2/20/2012 Surgery #2 Dr. Carlos Wesley - 2570 grafts

Bonker, you got 5300 grafts done. That is a lot. You weren't even that high of a norwood for that many grafts done, for that many grafts you are expecting a big change and I would expect that too. Some people on higher norwoods get that many grafts or more depending on their goals. Obviously, that change will come as you went to a very respected doctor. Judging from your pictures you can see some growth, but it's at like 6 months. You got 6 more to go to see pretty much the final result. A lot of things can happen between now and the next 6 months. There should be a substantial difference by then. So, hang in there. I'll be following your progress. Good luck on the scar issue too, hope that resolves in time.

I really appreciate everyone's thoughts as we all know the Ht wait messes with your mind a bit it's great to hear 3rd party thoughts so thanks. I got this it's gonna end up cool I'm sure!!

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1