Dr Rahal, R Shapiro, Bisanga for FUE.. But...

jessie1

Guys,

I truly believe that Dr Rahal, Dr R Shapiro and Dr Bisanga are up there among the world elite. However, I have decided on FUE for my 4th HT (for several reasons ) and I want to know what people think about their ability in performing FUE.

On recent threads forum members have commented on the fact that Rahal and Shapiro in particular are less experienced than one or two other world class Docs in relation to FUE.

These Docs feature on my short list.

My question is simply this: How to you rate these Doc's in the FUE field and why?

Thanks in anticipation.

Jessie

I would say without any comparing,,,

Dr. Bisanga, for many reasons among them:-

1) FUE experience

2) More documented FUE results online

3) Not only able to extract scalp hair but also beard hair too for the scar and crown sometimes.

4) Reasonable price (EURO 5 per graft and EURO 4 for any above 1000 grafts)

Dr. Rahal ($8 per graft) & Dr. Shapiro ($6 per graft) are perfect surgeons but relatively new in FUE comparing to Bisanga.

In North America, Dr. Feller maybe the only one that can stood the level of Bisanga in FUE. After all FUE is a different game. However Im going for Bisanga next summer, let me know if you are going to join buddy. Good luck...

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

You really have a big list of doctors to decide from on this forum that perform FUE. All your choices are great.

I just took the step to get FUE with one of the doctors you mentioned, Dr. Rahal, on August 31st. Got 3,016 grafts done. I can't wait to see it grown as i've been suffering with hair loss/thinning for 10 years. You can see the pre op and post op pictures of the FUE work on my hairlosswebsite link below my post. There are a lot of people that told me the work looks clean, and they liked the hairline. My ultimate goal is to keep the sides of my head faded with a clip one or skin tight fade, with the front of my hair sticking up. So, I am looking for a dense hairline as mine was thinning and receding all over the place. I went for density up front/hairline work/ with temple work done. You can follow my progress to see my FUE progress if you'd like. I'll post pictures or try to every 2-3 months. I am really counting on this transplant to make a significant transformation on me. I can only tell in the months to come how it will turn out. Right now, I am only like 6 days out of surgery. It took me few years research on these forums to pick FUE as the transplant route I should take, and to do it with one of the recommended docs on this forum. For me personally, it was Dr. Rahal's hairlines that impressed me and his consistent results. But Good luck to you and I hope you find a FUE surgeon that will help you reach your goals.

By the way, I saw Dr. Rahal's FUE work here before, a male and female, I think they both had a great result. I am counting on forum members to give me their opinion on my result in the months to come. I think I am the first 3,000+ graft FUE procedure of Dr. Rahal's that has posted pics here.

Edited by Sean

You should consult with all of the doctors you mentioned. If I was going to get FUE, I would not hesitate to go to SMG both based on my experience with them for FUT and based on FUE results I have seen. Rahal Is obviously a great choice also. I am sure they both woul be happy to show you a lot of results and get you in touch with FUE clients.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Hariri, Sean, Orlhair,

Appreciate your responses.

I'm not unique in that I will need to do online consults due to my location, bar Dr Bisanga, with whom I have already had a face to face consult . The consultation with Dr Bisanga was very informative, detailed and professional.

The issue of experience is a huge decision making factor, especially with not being able to see the Dr Rahal and Dr Shapiro either before, or just as importantly, afterwards, on a one to one basis.

I'm in a 'pickle' for want of a better word as I can not get out of my head how fantastic their hairline work is, the majority of which I see showcased however is FUT.

Please keep the comments coming guys, much appreciated.

Jessie

Jessie, I am sure you can arrange to speak to Dr. Shapiro and Dr. Rahal by phone to clear up any concerns you might have. I have seen some fine FUE work from both clinics. They are very highly regarded surgeons so I don't think you need to be concerned about their ability to do FUE. That way you will have three solid choices.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

I don't think you will go wrong with either one of these three. However, if I was close enough to one of these to visit, and you believe the Dr. B will stand behind his work, I would go with him.

Being close is a big plus in my opinon.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Hi Jessie,

In Europe dr. Bisange is right up there with the world top. I have not heared a lot from the other 2, but that means nothing since I mainly concentrated on Europe up to now.

For FUE in Europe I did my share of traveling. I drive a good old diesel burner and I did personal consults in France, Holland, Belgium and 1 in London.

Forget France and London based clinic for FUE, they are still in child shoes and learning how to walk.

My Top 3 where all situated in Belgium and it proved to be a good bet.

Devroye and Bisange both took the silver medal, third placed was a nice and funny doc with an impossible name Feriduni.

My number one pick was a slight outsider : Prohairclinic.

They do not have the best looking accomodation, others had more expensive and elegant interieurs. However in terms of results and patient experience reports they are at par with other European clinics.

The consult was done by Bart, a former patient and he is truly upfront, no BS or commercial guy by any means. Although he is not a doc I could not find him less knowledgable.

Then only thing what does make the Prohairclinic stand out from the rest is the fact that they have by far the most experience in house when in comes to FUE. They do not offer strip and this makes that they carry out FUE daily which they are doing since 2004 I was informed.

This is the main reason Prohairclinic has won the gold medal for me.

Now I am looking into the USA clinics for the most experience at FUE hair transplantation. My diesel won't get me that far, therefore I am looking for some help here.

Jessie,

I'd go with Bisanga if I were you.

Rahal and Shapiro are great docs, but Bisanga is probably the best FUE doc in Europe.

The fact that he is close to you only makes him more attractive, especially considering your situation. You're basically a repair case so no matter who you chose, you'll probably require multiple procedures. A competitively priced and easily accessible doc will save you time, money and stress.

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Corvettester, I totally agree 100% with you. When it comes to FUE...

North America (Dr. Feller)

International (Dr. Bisanga)

Its really hard to find FUE masters these days. Its technique where its based on the surgeon's individual talent.

Edited by HARIRI

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Jessie - if you're already based in the EU and you've met the great man himself, Bisanga is who I'd go for. In terms of consistency of FUE results, nobody comes close to Bisanga in Europe.

I'm at my 3 months post-op stage with him at the moment, and I hope that mine will also be one of those great results.