do you look at other peoples hair?

byron

right i have a habit of looking at peoples hair now, its all started from me starting on the nizoral and minoxidil routine and i look at some other young men and think a year on with this routine would look alot better than naturally letting it go

im constantly comparing hairlines its become a pain tbh cant help it..... notice alot of lads in my year at school are losing their hair, im 27 now, but i only have a slight V at the front which still makes me paranoid and i have slight thinning from using a too strong a version of minoxidil which made me itch like crazy, other than that hair is thick and can easily cover it up using a not so obvious combover

one more question..... you see alot of lads with the modern combover these days, is this mainly down to fact lads are alot more aware of their hairlines or is it just fashion?

im constantly comparing hairlines its become a pain tbh cant help it.....

Totally normal. Whatever our insecurities are we impose on others.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I agree w/ aaron. It might not be healthy, but just like lots of us mentally compared and obsessed over acne in high school, now we do the same for hair...try to think about other things until you can do something about it.

I don't really think the comb-over is in fashion. Other people are just as insecure.

Only since I got my HT. Before then, I never really noticed. I think this forum has really improved my sense of perception as to a man's best/worst features.

I find myself staring at NW0s and NW1s most often... and women's hairlines quite frequently too.

Funny thing, now that I've become so conscientious of how much effort it takes to look really outstanding, in all facets of appearance, I must say that I've become demystified to super attractive women. What a relief!

I live in a neighborhood in NYC (by choice) with a very high concentration of models. They simply don't impress me anymore because I'm on to their little tricks... i.e. hair extensions, highlights, hair straightening, push-up/padded bras, clever make up, etc... I'm now able to instantly deconstruct them to their essential selves! :eek:

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

I constantly study peoples hair. Its got to the point now that when i see someone that is loosing their hair i start to evaluate weather they are a candidate for a transplant or not. Its not going to be long before i mention it to someone and then probably get a slap for my trouble.

Its got to the point now that when i see someone that is loosing their hair i start to evaluate weather they are a candidate for a transplant or not. Its not going to be long before i mention it to someone and then probably get a slap for my trouble.

LOL! :D

Same here man! There have been a few times that I really wanted to say something to the guy... out of compassion! There is help out there buddy! I'm with you. LOL!

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

I constantly study peoples hair. Its got to the point now that when i see someone that is loosing their hair i start to evaluate weather they are a candidate for a transplant or not. Its not going to be long before i mention it to someone and then probably get a slap for my trouble.

Yup, ditto that for me as well. Hahaha....

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

I always looked at hair since I was a little kid. I didn't understand how my uncle could be completely bald, yet be younger than my dad who had a full head of hair. He looked so old to me. I wondered what happened to him. I was thinking that as far back as I can remember and always looked at everyone's hair trying to compare them all.

As for the combover, I do it because I have no choice after some horrible HTs.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

...All ...The ...Time

it becomes an obsession in guessing their age, norwood, chance of balding and over what an amount of time, the way they act with it etc etc etc.

At the moment a chap at my work place is a diffuse thinner like myself and i've seen his progression over the last couple of years, i compare my hair with his and also wonder if he (of course he must have right?) has looked into what he can do about it. But, of course we couldn't possibly chat about it as we'd expose ourselves as caring far to much (according to normal society) about our male selves!

Anyway, i must get back to staring at strangers hairlines or lack of.

Regards,

57mph

• Moderators
Same here man! There have been a few times that I really wanted to say something to the guy... out of compassion! There is help out there buddy! I'm with you. LOL!

I still have people telling me if my hair bothers me so much I should just get a hair transplant or just go back and get it fixed. If it was only that easy....

Then there are those who tell me to give up and shave it all off. While I don't want a shaved head, I'd certainly be willing to try a buzz cut if I didn't have all the scars.

They tell me these things as if I don't have a clue what I look like. Idiots.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.