help! trying to find examples of short haircuts showing donor strip scar

i've been looking through many many many posts for days. maybe i am doing it the wrong way. can anyone teach me how, or refer me to any specific posts with examples of short haircuts in the back showing the strip scar...ranging from shortly post-op to later after healing?

thanks so much

My Hair Loss Web Site

FUT - 8/12/11 - Dr. Keller - Chicago - 3140 grafts

365 singles, 375 doubles, & 2400 multiple hair grafts

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or a professional within the hair transplant field, but I am one hell of a researcher and have been dubbed "master googler" by people that know me. So, anything I say is solely my best opinion or answer based on everything I have read and/or experienced. :)

This isn't a pic, so sorry I'm not much help, but just a reminder that close up pics (and vids) are deceiving - especially those less than a foot away, which shows a comb gradually passing over the scar allowing the hair to shingle down. Here you don't see the effect of the uneven surface of the skin around the strip scar. You are simply too close. Try for pics, in vicious and kind lighting conditions, at least one foot away, both back and side, to see the effect. Sorry it's not much help.

scar5, thanks for the reply. what do you mean you don't see the effect of the uneven surface of the skin around the scar?

My Hair Loss Web Site

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor or a professional within the hair transplant field, but I am one hell of a researcher and have been dubbed "master googler" by people that know me. So, anything I say is solely my best opinion or answer based on everything I have read and/or experienced. :)

and thank you orangehair. there was one or two examples of strip scars with short hair. but most of those were the typical you see with the long hair and the comb holding it up, which for me is hard to really tell. i am trying to see how short I am going to be able to wear it in the future, even though that is a VERY long ways away. lol.

but thanks much for those examples. i appreciate it.

My Hair Loss Web Site

Southbeacharchi,

Every patient heals differently, but here is an example of a patient that is cutting his hair very short.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/160562-dr-panine-chicago-hair-transplant-clinic-2-110-grafts.html

I am employed as the patient coordinator and office manager for Chicago Hair Transplant Clinic. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Dr. Panine is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be interperted as medical advice

If you look at the photos on my site below, in the 5 week post op and 2 month, 1 week albums, I have my hair cut pretty short, particularly on the sides and back where the scar is.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

I posted one at 3 weeks post op right after a haircut in my site- link below.

Thanks a lot. That is EXACTLY the kind of pics I am looking for. Your transplant and donor scar look great so far.

My Hair Loss Web Site

Southbeacharchi,

Every patient heals differently, but here is an example of a patient that is cutting his hair very short.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/160562-dr-panine-chicago-hair-transplant-clinic-2-110-grafts.html

Thanks Stuart1. I thought I posted a thank-you last night, but didn't see it in the forum today. Great example.

My Hair Loss Web Site

Go to the results posted by patients area... examples all over the place.

Thanks Ahairdown. I have been browsing that section, but like I said, I was having trouble finding short haircuts soon after post-op and long-term. Thought it might be easier to throw a thread out there.

My Hair Loss Web Site

If you look at the photos on my site below, in the 5 week post op and 2 month, 1 week albums, I have my hair cut pretty short, particularly on the sides and back where the scar is.

thanks orlhair, it looks great.

My Hair Loss Web Site

Have a look at my photo's under the recent thread on here "FUE vs Strip" and you will see my photo's 3 plus years post op.

Steve

All these thank-you's to post. lol. Thank-you kman. Again, another perfect example of what I was looking for. It looks great short and can't see any scar at all.

Btw, good-luck with your decision on your next procedure. Keep us posted.

My Hair Loss Web Site