Hasson 5300 in diffuse thiner 5 months

Well we all know the ht game is a hard wait and it would appear i'm not the fastest grower in the game but what i'm wondering is because i had quite a lot of hair on top pre op with only my first cm of hairline very week and the bottom of my crown very week whether if this is making these areas look like they're very slow now as the the hairline to me looks particularly slow and sparse at the front left and the bottom of the crown has no growth at all, strangely i can see the little pits where the grafts were planted at the bottom of the crown so i know there's some there but i can not feel any stubble at all and my dad who checks for me can not see any stubble. Having said that crowns are notoriously slow at growing for some reason so that's probably why!

I've converted to outside photos as i have found if i take the photo around 8 o clock at night when the sun has nearly gone i can get a accurate light balance for my photos that's not harsh.

If anyone has been through a situation like this where you had a fair bit of pre op hair but weaker areas could you let me know how things panned out obviously i know it's common sense that because these areas don't have much pre ht hair to back them up but i would of thought the new ht hairs should be able to catch up quickly as they are strong corse hairs.

Pictures on blog link below.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

bonkerstonker,

Your hair does seem better to me right now. Definitely not a finished product yet but I think you are on the right track. Your situation is different because of the diffuse thinning and you might have had some shock loss in the recipient region as well. So it will take some time for everything to stabilize. But I think come 7-8 months you will see a notable difference. Again, I'd say for 5 months you are looking mighty good.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Aaron yes that's what I'm hoping for, I feel that the top shockloss has fully returned as I can style my hair like I used to but still very consious of the same pre ht spots being the hairline and bottom of the crown. But I agree month by month there is definitely improvement having said that I was virtually bald 5 weeks post op due to shockloss. Lol.

Ahair the scar is a odd one the surrounding shockloss has gone but I still have a lot missing along the scar. Due to the fact Dr Hasson makes his scar quite high my barber has incorporated the scar line into my haircut as a grade down blend it's fairly insane I went into the barbers last week with a very obvious scar he then cut my hair and the scar was invisible, I know this makes no logic but that's what happened so fingers crossed he can do it every time until the scar has healed and the hair along it has grown back.

Just to add the quality and colour of my hair feels a lot better now in person so I must be in overall appearance a stage better than pre Ht.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Yeah, you are definitely better off right now than you were pre-op. And you are just at the beginning of the growth period. Hang in there!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Your hair line apprears strong to me with the top being the weakes area. As you know, you have a really long time to go.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Agree.....I think it is much better now and it will continue to get better.......the combination of the HT fully growing in over the next several months and your native hair fully recovering will continue to make significant gains.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

Your hair line apprears strong to me with the top being the weakes area. As you know, you have a really long time to go.

Yes it does look that way from above mate but front on which is the most important view it's very sparse on the left but yes there's definitely time for that to fill in over the next few months.

Newhair my donor is very thick and curly so should cover up well and is gradualy recovering. The scar been made at the top of the safe zone really opens up a lot of haircut options my barber has done most of the back and side in a blade 2 and on the scar edge blended to a blade 4.

Thanks for your thoughts guys. My 5 month wait has gone quite quick really i don't check in the mirror much and wait a month for a check up and photos but I know one thing that is a fact! seeing all these freak fast early growers on here doesn't help the average persons wait lol!

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Update....... I'm still unfit, completely pennyless, overweight and fat, pale without a tan, bald and in hiding from my friends but my acne that the msm gave me has nearly gone so happy days lmao ha ha ha.

It just occurred to me now what you have to go through to get a ht it's so funny when you look at it like that above but it will be all worth it one day hopefully!!!

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

i think your hair has definately improved and lookin at your 5month update ,i remember the texture of my hair is similar to what yours looks like.and then some where around 8th or 9th month the texture changed and my hair really out of nowhere improved .the kinkiness was gone and my hair was thicker and fuller .so isay you are headedin right direction.continued good luck and good growing

Bonker, your hairline looks good w/ ore growing coming. The top side is still in the early stages of growth but it already loos better than pre op.

On working out, it sucks. I spent 3.5 months w/o working out and ended up with 15+ lbs more (7 kg) of extra weight. It's getting hard to lose it, I started eating bad after the HT so I packed a few pounds.

Aseda I'm the same I've been eating cake and everything lol.

Hopefully i will get a growth boom soon, I think the thing that unnerves people is when you see moderately big gaps in-between hairs like I have in the hairline on the left side but the right side is much better. Obviously you start thinking why is that.

There is a logical reason for the bottom of the crown not growing yet as it's well known crowns are slower but the front left and right should be growing at the same rate by 5 to 6 months so we shall see if it evens up.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Looking good Bonker!!! You are right on par and the next 3-6 months will be alot of thickening.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson