I am disgusted by Bosley Infomercials

I don't know about the rest of you, but I find the Bosley advertisements appalling. I have been watching them for years, and in fact they were my first introduction to the thought of hair transplants, but their claims are disgustingly inaccurate. They lie to the general public, making them think that their "highly skilled" surgeons will magically make their baldness a non-issue. And that they will no longer require Rogaine or Minoxidil.

Let's address this piece by piece.

First of all, any surgeon with any real talent will not be at Bosley for very long, they will venture off on their own, and be a superstar independantly. The only surgeons at bosley are either second rate surgeons, who cannot advance past a certain skill level, or are young aspiring surgeons, eager to get the experience under their belt, and eventually go off on their own. Either way, I wouldn't want any of them touching my head.

Second, it is down right negligent to lead people to believe that they will no longer need to use Rogaine and Propecia, when we all know that they are a lifelong requirement to maintain your native hair.

I returned home the other night, after having a few cocktails, and sure enough the Bosley infomercial was on. I decided to give them a call, and ask a few "real" questions, which their call center staff was not prepared to answer. I also gave them a piece of my mind for misleading the general public in so many ways. After about 5 minutes, the representative hung up on me. It felt good to express my anger with them though. Does anyone else feel the same?

2/14/2011 Surgery #1 Dr. Ivan Cohen - 1539 grafts, 1's - 475

2's - 989

3's - 75

2/20/2012 Surgery #2 Dr. Carlos Wesley - 2570 grafts

They also show guys with hairpieces and try to sell them off as transplants.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Pretty awesome that you called them. Good story.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I think most of their "models" look like crap, after knowing what a good HT looked like.

Fake, I am adding a link below. This is a long time contributing fellow with an HT that had a similar pattern to yours. minus the thinning forelock. His results were not optimal on the first shot and he went kind of conservative on the graft number as well. He just had another HT for a total of 3000 grafts. He also planted no grafts in the crown.

I'm telling you becasue it might be a good HT for you to follow and it will give you an idea on graft counts and the difference a surgery on top of a "base coat" will make. Good luck.

Hair Restoration Journal -Pre-Ht: Drawing

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I consulted with MHR in the beginning and the consult with their sales guy felt as slick and sleazy as the infomercials.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

I feel the same mate! I'd like to do a supermarket sweep in their offices where i can attack as many people as i can until they manage to stop me. Obviously i wouldn't use any weapons that a step too far i feel! :D

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk