6 Month Update

hairthere

Well, I went out in public for the first time in 6 years sans any concealer today. What a weird feeling. I never once felt as if people were staring at my thinning dome. Still some definite thin spots but I feel a ton of stubble bursting through now and I'm confident it's gonna be a homerun after a year.

5b32cf1dcd455_Photo103.jpg.0da7a326d19d1e2e184dd87e95a70cb1.jpg

5b32cf1dd8fd5_Photo107.jpg.77adfda694702e200d00000eca263307.jpg

5b32cf1eb3ba4_Photo108.jpg.a617a96038dc77f1b90cea37c4a94837.jpg

5b32cf1ecb68a_Photo109.jpg.786600c056f1b515ceed834db9448536.jpg

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

As a reminder here is my picture from prior to any surgery with Dr. Feller (the terrible work you see done is by Joseph Karamikian--no longer a doctor thank the lord above!!!) as well as from right before this surgery....

5b32cf1ed8e90_4thdaypostop.jpg.1bceddb6d0862f900c889b15993a0945.jpg

1.jpg.596a163dd875259aeea0f511ec7f4155.jpg

Edited by hairthere

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Congratulations on leaving concealers behind. Looks goods overall and, in particular, your right profile shot looks stellar.

Have you ever shared photos of how your hairline looked prior to Dr. Karamikian? I'd be interested to see how far you've come.

Congrats...looks good...ahhh...I pray for a day without concealers...you must have felt so liberated!!! good for u!!! Happy growing!

Hairthere

Congrats and thanks for all the advice you've given me! This time next year, I hope I'm where you are! Your hair looks great. You shouldn't feel as if anyone is staring because there is no need to stair. Unless they are admiring.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

hairthere,

Lookin' mighty fine there! A definite improvement from your pre-op pic. And I would never be able tell that you have transplanted hair. Of course, your hair characteristics have something to do with that. But it also says a lot of Dr. Feller to dramatically improve the situation that Dr. Karamikian left you with. Well done.

Cant wait for pics in another 6 months!

I know it's too early... but are you thinking ahead for more work or are you done for the time being?

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

@TomCruise: Thanks! Yes the right profile is definitely stronger. I feel like the temple point on that side didn't grow as well as the other side. At some point I'd like to go in and have the temple points done again and perhaps close off the temples a bit more. Right now I just need a break from any HT surgery, both emotionally and financially, though. I did post a pre-Karamikian hairline pic somewhere. Will try to find it, but as you can see by the immediate post-Karamikian surgery pic, my hairline was nearly completely eroded. And I was actually OK with a receded hairline--it was the diffuse and crown thinning that had me really bummed and seeking HT surgery.

@Capelli, Gracias amigo! It was a very liberating feeling. Still surprised I went through with it because I've gotten so dependent on the stuff.... My Dermatch disc is almost empty and I kept telling myself I would run out ad be happy before having to order another one....

@newhairplease, thanks, and it's always my pleasure to help someone out who is going through this ordeal called hairloss....especially good dudes like yourself. You're in for a journey my man, and you chose a fantastic doctor so I'm psyched for you!

@aaron, thanks bro! Yes, I would want to do some tweaking in the future to my hairline and temple points, but I wouldn't consider anything until this HT fully matures. And even then I need to just enjoy what I have....for a few years at least.

Edited by hairthere

@aaron, thanks bro! Yes, I would want to do some tweaking in the future to my hairline and temple points, but I wouldn't consider anything until this HT fully matures. And even then I need to just enjoy what I have....for a few years at least.

Good call. And you got plenty of hair to enjoy in the meantime!

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

Thanks orlhair. Amazingly only my immediate family and two close friends know I've had any work done. No one else in my life has a clue which is definitely a testament to Dr. Feller's work.

Thanks Can't decide, Spex, and destorius.

Day two no concealer. I feel like I find black Dermatch smudges all over my house though...

I completely agree that at some point we need to take a break from the ops and just enjoy the hair!

True that. Especially since the first 5 months post-op typically suck. :cool:

And weening off of those concealers is like breaking a drug habit. Tough stuff. I've had many relapses... :P Stay the course hairthere! You can do it!

levrais, thanks man. And yes, hair greed is a bitch. I think we will both be in good places once these HTs grow in though and can relax and enjoy the locks for a bit..

Aaron, I never thought I'd need concealer rehab!

Its coming mate! Have you thought about cutting your sides a bit you have mental thick curly hair and shortening it a bit should help through this growth period?

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Hey Bonk, thanks! I have thought about a trim although that's another big step for me...I haven't been to a proper hair stylist in years. My pops cuts hair so in the past I've had him do it or I'll do it myself. My wife is also a huge fan of when my hair has some length and wave to it--the things we do for some love, eh?