1 year later result pics

Hi guys,

I had one session late June 2010 with Dr. Bolton in Ft. Lauderdale. Donor strip 1cmx32cm.

My story- I dodged a bullet not doing this 13 years ago when results tended to look terrible. Also glad I didn't go to my local guy here in PA. One session results where not as strong and at a higher cost. Dr Bolton's was recommended by a girl friend who now resides in FLA. She showed me her boyfriends HT results knowing I was obsessed with my balding head since the early 90's. It allowed me to see the results in person, and I was in!

I haven't worn my hair off my forehead since my 20's, and I just turned 44. One of my favorite things is having temple side hair back. Yes I am a happy camper. The procedure was a piece of cake. I don't want to come off as to much a cheerleader, but it's hard to not be enthused. I say go forth my brethren, it indeed works.

5b32cea3a3d54_JhtBAhr.jpg.edf6d65de9d34562cd78683eeca0b2d7.jpg

Edited by socbook1DB5
Had wrong strip size

Looks great soc! Love that he worked on the temporal points!

Can't quite tell from the before pics, did he shave the recipient area?

I'd call your doc up and see if you can get more accurate statistics. The area covered looks way over 2k in grafts. Also, a 1x10 cm donor strip would only yield about 1k in grafts assuming you had above average donor densitiy. You may want this info going forward if you have another procedure and he is no longer practicing which results in you going to another doc.

Thank you for posting!

Dr Arocha

3626 FU's

H1: 508

H2: 1741

H3: 1377

My Hairloss Website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2127

I think this is a 2 proceedure results pic. Also, if he is mostly 2's and 3's and the doctor split the donor grafts, he could probably get more that 1k grafts. But that does seem a little high.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks guys!

@Hairdown

I emailed the rep at the office. Your right, I was incorrect. I had 1cmx 32cm which contains around 6,000 hairs. Initially I was going 1cmx10, so that was stuck in my head. Once I got down there and consulted with the doc he explained what the large strip would do and he gave me a good deal since the budget was limited. So yea I dig that guy.

Also, he did not shave my head. But the blade they use can chip way some hairs as they make the incisions. I will request one of the pre-surgery pics. My frontal hairline was pretty much gonzo like the before pic.

@ Spanker, this is one session but good eye on the size. I started blogging last summer after the procedure with progress updates on the experience on "Hair Loss Help Forums" monitoring my progress, I only chimed in here more recently.

@ Mattj,

Thanks, funny though after I got the HT I thought the hairline was to high. I was starring at it in the mirror all obsessed. I was kicking myself for not going down another 16th. Still wouldn't mind it, but it is at a very natural position. If I go again I am thinking of creeping it down a16th. I may be getting greedy.

Edited by socbook1DB5
I can't spell

• 4 weeks later...

Nice result. I think that you are getting greedy :) I dont think it looks nice having a 14 year olds hairline when you are 44 or not even in my age (25). It would not look natural and i think it would be a lot more noticeble that you had a HT. I think that deep down everybody that had a HT desire a low hairline but i think its important to go for a natural look. And thats what you?ve gor now. Congratz :)

1 mg Finasterid M-W-F.

2,500 mcg Biotin.

1 mg 5 % Minoxidil once a day.

Multi-vitamin.

Fish oil.

Head and Shoulders every day.

Nizoral 2 % one time a week.

Emu oil.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/cardel25/blog/403/

Hey thanks for the compliments guys. Lighting is your friend when over 40. Flash photography is a good thing. Those pre op pics look like a mug shot, and I look guilty of something.

If I do it again, I won't have the hairline lowered. A tweak on the one temple maybe, that's it!

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question! Im in the same boat you were before youre transplamt, ive had two hair transplants before with dr sharon keen and im still in my 20s would love to get what you just had it looks amazing, how much did youre procedure cost? Who was youre doctor? Thank you for the info!!! You look amazing!

@ Sean-Thank you sir. I am very excited and relieved. I think it's comforting just knowing you can restore your hairline. Techniques aren't what they where 10 years ago. Wish I knew then to bide my time and not be so anxious. Hopefully my thread helps my brethren.

@Actonradar-Dr. Bolton in Ft.Lauderdale was my doc. I PM'ed you on the specifics. I don't want to get into trouble putting out rates. I was in Pittsburgh, so I worked a pretty good deal for myself and paid below the national per graph average.Consumers have a strong advantage in this economy. HT docs aren't slammed with more patients than they can handle, so it's a good time to do it.

Edited by socbook1DB5

• 3 weeks later...

Stylin- Members on boards are cynical and they absolutely should be. Peeps on this thread have been very supportive. We are all kindred, with the exact same anxiety and fears.

Reason I post my experience, is I would have been much more optimistic for the past 15 years knowing it's not all doom and gloom. For years I had recurring bald themed nightmares! Modern techniques work, and my expectations where exceeded.

• 4 months later...

Hey guys, I just did a second HT Feb 1st. I crept the hairline down a bit, and tweaked the temples. I couldn't resist the idea of doubling the density. I know people around these parts get all ruffled about promoting docs, but I see myself as an advocate of this procedure. I wish I did it sooner, and hopefully my experience helps others work out their personal hair challenges.

Bottom photo is new (day 2 of my second HT).

5b32d168c055c_Jhairround2-feb2012.jpg.96de5dda356e5102a75bce1afc364c9e.jpg

Edited by socbook1DB5