when is it safe to pull out your hair?

The root is the follicle. The bulb at the end of a hair is the follicle where the hair grows from if you pull that out then it's dead...period. If you pull out the hair and it doesn't take out the follicle (or root) than the hair can grow back, but you are also capable of damaging the follicle. Once again hairs do not get thicker from shaving or cutting it is a myth you can do your own research on this. If you plucked your eyebrows and they haven't thinned out then great, but know that you may thin them out. I don't believe there is much more to say on this thread. I'll just end this with saying that you should not pull out your hairs, for fun, flossing (I would recommend buying actual dental floss) or for any reason unless you want to take the chance of thinning your hair out.

when i pluck my eyebrow hairs theres something bulby at the end of it

but it keeps growing back and thicker too

and i do have regular dental floss :D

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carry floss in your purse. No reason to pull your hair out.

i dont actually want to use hair as floss

but i just want to know that my graft hair is strong enough like normal hair

so that i could

not because i want to pull my hair out or anything

but i want to know that its strong like normal hair which i can do anything with

idk if that makes sense lol

after my ht, i remember i pulled out a couple of normal hairs to test the strength of the ends of the roots

because a few of my hair grafts were bent when i had slept on some of them and i wanted to see how much pressure i had put on them. and so i pulled out a normal hair and i found that even with light pressure i could easily bend the end of the hair. so i was less worried. since i thought before maybe i put too much pressure on my grafts if it caused the grafts to bend

hairgirl,

The question you keep asking over and over has been answered many times in this thread, but it seems like you aren't looking for answers or not listening to them. It’s more like you are looking for someone tell you it’s ok to go ahead and pull out your hair. But I’ll try again. Your native hair and transplanted hair are the same at this point. If you pull out one of your native hairs or transplanted hairs it is a crap shoot whether or not it will grow back. Sometimes it will sometimes it won't. Pulling out your hair to look at the root is unnecessary and quite odd. If you want to see the hair root Google it or look in an anatomy book. Research on this site for eyebrow transplants and you will see that prolonged plucking most certainly result in hair loss. However at the end of the day it's your head and if you want to pull your hair out go right on ahead

i think if your follicle is healthy enough (like normal hairs) then pulling out your hair isn't going to affect it

and for eyebrows if plucking them makes them never grow back thats a good thing since thats why they are being plucked because they aren't wanted

Hairgirl you ask lots and lots of simple common sense questions and i always thought you were a little nervous or naturally paranoid but this is just stupid i'm sorry to say you should think about what you're saying as people will lose respect and time for you when you need real answers to difficult problems. Sorry but it's true!

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

It may grow back now, but eventually it will kill the follicle.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

• 4 weeks later...

And I was just about to start a new thread titled "When is it safe to dip your head in a bowl of acid post-op?"

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

And I was just about to start a new thread titled "When is it safe to dip your head in a bowl of acid post-op?"

Lmao mate ha ha ha you got me laughing my head off with that. :)

Levrais yes she's real she posts all the time she's a little more educated lately.

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I needed a good laugh today!

Can we get a HT doctor to answer this question? I'm only allowed a few days vacation at the acid factory and want to squeeze a surgery in real quick :D

I have a more important question that has been troubling me since i had my spine repaired, now i'm out of my wheelchair and walking i just wondered does anyone know when i can throw my self down the steps. Thanks for your thoughts lol :D

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Bonker you are too funny, lmfao. Seriously though it wouldn't be hard to grab a couple pics from a random hair site then set up a profile for the purpose of making crazy posts... just sayin

5700 FUE in 3 procedures with Dr. Bisanga

View my patient website:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1874

Yes defo mate, i think it's a good idea it would lighten the mood!! There was a fake poster last week called troll he was quite funny but he got involved in a lot of serious politics i think it's a regular poster making a point about stuff.

Anyway i think we should hijack this thread and just right more stupid statements!

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Lmao har ha ha.

When will it be safe to start doing ramraids with my head again? Lol

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Lmao!

No but seriously my dad is in hospital suffering with cancer does anyone know when the best time to push him out of bed and piss on him is?

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Lmao!

No but seriously my dad is in hospital suffering with cancer does anyone know when the best time to push him out of bed and piss on him is?

I think between 10 and 14 days after he is admitted to the hospital it is ok. Of course that depends if he has a Coalition Oncologist.

My wife has aids when is it safe to shag her!

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1