Who should I go with?

Hi I like Dr. Joseph Williams and he seems like a very good doctor. Any experiences or comments about him?

What about Dr. Epstein and Ron Shapiro?

I nixed Dr. Wong, Freedman, and Dr. Lindsey so far.

It really comes down to who you are most comfortable with. You need to do a lot of research and consult with several doctors. At your age you also need to have a long term plan for future hair loss. As long as you go with a top clinic you will get good advice and will be in good hands. I am not sure why, but you have nixed a couple of the top doctors already. I chose Dr. Ron Shapiro and I was very happy with the entire experience. I am sure you would find that with all of the top notch clinics which you can find on the is site. Good luck.

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

When it comes down to two good doctors that you feel very comfortable with, I'd say take into consideration soft variables such as price, location, accessibility, travel expenses, etc...

I think you'd be fine with Epstein or Shapiro. Good luck in your decision.

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Anyone have any experience with Dr. Williams? He is very nice and honest in his videos, which is something I don't usually see. He covered alot of big issues in his videos too. I'm going to talk with him sometime next week.

I voted off Lindsey because I just thought he was cocky and not personal. Just a name and number with that guy.

I didn't like Wong because he pushed his pills without having any of my medical info on hand. Asked me about my history but still he should look at my records before prescribing me anything.

Freedman seems like a guy that will deny your bad results and not fix what he screwed up. Plus he didn't throw out alot of reference names because he had trouble with people calling his former patients. Don't remember exactly how he put it but he wasn't jumping for joy about that question. Red flag there and no thanks.

I like Epstein alot but sales guy is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy toooooooo pushy!

Haven't even talked to Shaprio yet just his assistant, but pleased so far.

This rounds out my experiences so far.

I'd definitely use the search feature for these forums... but also check out the patient blog's for all these doctors as well to get a better idea.

Surprised you didn't like Dr. Lindsey or Dr. Wong. They consistently produce great results.

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I'm sure there are a lot of great doctors in the coalition. I had mine with Dr. Ron Shapiro. I flew across the country to have my procedure with him and am very glad I did. If another recommended HT surgeon opened up an office a block away from me and charged half price, I would still fly across the country to Dr. Ron.

Chris,

Though I haven't undergone surgery with Dr. Williams, I've always been very impressed by his work and attitude and feel very comfortable recommending him. Furthermore, both Dr. Ron and Paul Shapiro are excellent, and would highly endorse either of them as well.

I don't agree with your assessment of Dr. Lindsey though. I interact with him on the boards and via email quite frequently, and he's nothing but dedicated and humble. However, I do agree with the fact that you personally need to feel comfortable with your surgeon, and if Dr. Williams provides that level of confidence (along with his excellent track record), I think it's something to highly consider.

Good luck. Please let me know if you have any specific questions or need help further researching a particular physician.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I voted off Lindsey because I just thought he was cocky and not personal. Just a name and number with that guy.

You are WAY off base with that assumption. Dr. Lindsey is one of the most ethical doctors you will ever meet. He is just very laid back and is a straight shooter, which may be what threw you off.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

I didn't like Wong because he pushed his pills without having any of my medical info on hand. Asked me about my history but still he should look at my records before prescribing me anything.

All good HT doctors recommend Finasteride. It's for your benefit. It truly can stop hairloss and regrow hair. It will save you money and donor hair in the long run by keeping you from needing as many grafts. It works especially well in the crown.

Finasteride 1.25 mg. daily

Avodart 0.5 mg. daily

Spironolactone 50 mg twice daily

5 mg. oral Minoxidil twice daily

Biotin 1000 mcg daily

Multi Vitamin daily

Damn, with all the stuff you put in your hair are you like a negative NW1? :D

Yeah still no interest in Lindsey and Wong I don't trust, so they're out of the picture. Plus Shapiro Group said Wong does way too much for patients in regards to restoration. They remove too much donor hair and don't consider your long term hair loss. Take it for what it's worth I guess.

Chris,

I think a few members (myself included) were simply trying to clarify the situation. Like I said before, this is your procedure and your decision. If you don't feel comfortable with a certain physician, then that is what matters. Since you've eliminated several doctors based on this criteria, I really do hope you'll consider the ones who you both feel comfortable with and produce consistent, excellent results (like Dr. Williams).

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.