FUE with Dr Koray Erdogan

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I am considering Dr. Koray for my HT in July. I have seen amazing and consistent results from his work.

An amazing experience (4002 grafts) with Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED Clinic).

Koray is an innovator of FUE. He recently developed a 'one step' extraction process that will supersede the standard and current 'two-step' extraction process. Even Dr. Lorenzo, whom I consider the best FUE surgeon in the world praised Dr. Erdogan's work.

Mickey, your comments are very appreciated! Thank you very much for making me fell even better for chosing Dr. Koray. I called him today and I will have my HT in July. Looking forward...

Even Dr. Lorenzo, whom I consider the best FUE surgeon in the world praised Dr. Erdogan's work.
yea its funny how so few ppl talk about Lorenzo and dont even list him as a top FUE doctor. but those of us who know better know he is in the top 5 in the world no question about it.

yea its funny how so few ppl talk about Lorenzo and dont even list him as a top FUE doctor. but those of us who know better know he is in the top 5 in the world no question about it.

Lorenzo for me is in the top 1 in the world ;) He spent some time with Erdogan in Turkey and he said Erdogan's work was 'amazing'. He has even visiting Hasson and Wong recently.

Lorenzo for me is in the top 1 in the world ;) He spent some time with Erdogan in Turkey and he said Erdogan's work was 'amazing'. He has even visiting Hasson and Wong recently.
yea we just dont hear much about him over here cause apparently he is busy enough with his own countries patients. his only downside is price but if money was option id consider him.

I think he could be a little more agressive with his hairline placement which is why personally I dont think he is the best in the world but two each his own....

I was also very impressed with Dr. Lorenzo's results. But I still like Dr. Koray better. I hope I am making the right decision! ;-)

From memory I think it was in the 5EURO range per graft but it is a progressive rate, after a certain amount of grafts it drops to 3EURO per graft and Hariri mentioned that that is a static figure that remains if and when you come back for a subsequent procedure! So if you go in for 2,000 grafts and return a year later, those grafts will be at a reduced rate. I'm not 100% sure on the rates though.

Thank you, Mickey! That is a nice (and fair) way of working. I sent him an e-mail with my pictures for evaluation but never got an answer. Good doctors are always too busy!

Thank you, Mickey! That is a nice (and fair) way of working. I sent him an e-mail with my pictures for evaluation but never got an answer. Good doctors are always too busy!

He does take a while to reply because he is soooo busy but he will reply. He was an absolute gentlemen in our correspondence. He was booked out for all on 2013 way back in November 2012!

From memory I think it was in the 5EURO range per graft but it is a progressive rate, after a certain amount of grafts it drops to 3EURO per graft and Hariri mentioned that that is a static figure that remains if and when you come back for a subsequent procedure! So if you go in for 2,000 grafts and return a year later, those grafts will be at a reduced rate. I'm not 100% sure on the rates though.
they use the Lira (TRY) not the Euro (EUR).

Mickey,

Where did you read about this "one step" extraction process? I'd be interested in hearing more.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Hi Siru! The Price per Graff is 2.5 euro. You pay extra 300 euro for post medicatication and transfer. I was not informed for any extra cost related to English translation.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just wondering what Dr. Lorenzo's opinion about Dr. Hakan Doganay as they both use the Choi pen implanter? Any idea about that?

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

I just got a call from Dr. Lorenzo's representative in UK (Mick) and I was informed Dr. Lorenzo charges 6 pounds for the first 1.000 grafts and 4 pounds for the rest. 3.000 grafts (my case) would cost "only" Euro 16,380. :-(

I know we shouldn't compare prices but this is inevitable when we are talking about two great doctors. Same number of grafts with Dr. Koray will cost me Euro 7,500. What a difference!

I was just wondering what Dr. Lorenzo's opinion about Dr. Hakan Doganay as they both use the Choi pen implanter? Any idea about that?

Hehe Hakan's name has never been mentioned in or correspondence. Lorenzo just happened to tell me about Erdogan because he stayed in Turkey for a few days and went to Erdogan's clinic and was amazed with the work. I would never ask him "Hey what do you think about Dr _____" ;)