9.5 months pics:1000 Fue Dr Feller: not good so far

jessie1

Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie so bear with me.

I have created a website under the name of 'Jessie' but I'm unsure how to link it to my forum posts despite numerous attempts.....

These pics are before (taken on the day of the HT by Dr Feller) and 9.5 months stage. Pics taken without flash and under soft lighting and devoid of sunlight.

The website shows a few more including immediately post Op.

Its early days as I keep mentioning but the progress so far is not where I wanted to be at this stage if I'm honest.

The hair line lacks density and I don't think that we transplanted far enough into the temples leaving somewhat of a gap between native and transplanted hair.

Also, bear in mind that I also had native hair in my hair line where transplanted and previous transplanted hair.

I have also shaved down some of the transplants along the the hair line as they were sporadic and sparse and made the density look even worse.

I will grow these in for my next pics (working around days off, people tend to talk to my hair line when these hairs are present). *** in fairness, these were not transplanted by Dr Feller, they were badly positioned grafts from previous HTs***

This is early days and I know that some people are late bloomers, especially if they are contending with scar tissue from previous HTs. I really hope that there is a big improvement though in order to meet my realistic expectations.

I still have confidence in Spex and Dr Feller, I have no reason to doubt either of them. As I stated on my website, Dr Feller stands by and supports his patients. I will be touching base with Spex at the 12 month stage for an evaluation and see where we go from there.

Comment away........

image3.jpg.2428252df275459a6522e49c858bd63a.jpg

image4.jpg.06b379c5cdd06737302571070a5611b5.jpg

image5.jpg.af3042449a4793dfd7480ca96c15fdc6.jpg

image9.jpg.2f488e71761880cfb22f7f895cd54a6c.jpg

IMGP0700.jpg.357de3f459fcc40c4b15254d1b9d39b4.jpg

IMGP0703.jpg.db70fb5a78890ea16eca87d03d244a78.jpg

IMGP0706.jpg.440df334b92706ad92363f1609485383.jpg

IMGP0716.jpg.a68078db7278385888793d0844269137.jpg

Edited by jessie1
thread has moved away from initial 9.5 month pics to overall experience

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ian512017155

I'm sorry to hear that your not happy with your results so far. Judging by your pictures I wouldnt be happy either at 9ms. Hopefully you will see more growth and thickness in the next three months.

How many grafts did you have is it a 100 or a 1000 it says a 100 on your profile? I would not say it's early days either you should be seeing quite a change by now but Dr Feller is a class surgeon you may get a good growth spurt in a few weeks it's not unherd of at the back end of a year. Also it's likely Feller will look after you if things don't work out.

I'm not sure what you mean about linking your posts do you post on here under a different name and if so what name? If you're meaning you want to link your htn website to your threads press YOUR INFO on the left side of this page near the top and on that page press EDIT SIGNITURE in a box on the left side and put your website url in there.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Hi Bonkerstonker,

Cheers for pointing out that my profile says 100 fue, I will take care of it.

************I actually received 1,000 FUE**************

I wanted to link my website with the threads and you have just answered my query for me.

Cheers for the advice, appreciate it,

Jessie

Jessie, Your 9.5 month pics are a bit blurry so it's tough to tell. Also some immediate post-ops would help. I had my TPs done via fue last April. I can tell you that I am still seeing considerable thickening and it's giving the hair a much denser appearance. Give yourself the full year and if you're still unhappy go see Dr. Feller.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

jessie1,

As others have already stated, there's a lot going on there. Your pics are blurry making it somewhat difficult to assess your progress, you have had previous work and you are still shy of the one year mark. You should continue to see improvement over the next three months or so.

Have you already discussed your concerns with Dr. Feller and/or Spex?

If you need more direction on adding your hair restoration website to your signature, just let me know.

Best of luck!

Edited by TakingThePlunge

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Hello Jess,

I know you live a bit far away to visit me for a follow up, but keep your appointment with Spex so he can send me some photos. I'l forward you photos of your procedure next week.

Remember, FUE grafts undergo greater trauma than strip grafts and as a result often take longer to grow so hang in there. Stay in touch.

All the best

Dr. Feller

***UPDATE****

I received Jessie1's photos this week. This marks the tenth month of his growth. Unfortunately he lost most of the hairs in the center behind where we worked. A second procedure should fill that in handily.

Here are the pictures:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Edited by Dr. Alan Feller

My pleasure Jesse, but see if you can see him before the 12 month mark. I want him to see you as you are now if possible. He'll take a ton of photos and send them over to me. Of course you can meet with him again at the 12 month mark as well for more follow up.

Also, my partner Dr. Lindsey will be heading to England and doing consults so perhaps he can take a look as well if it fits your schedule. Every little bit helps.

All the best,

Dr. F

I think you have more hair than anyone I have ever seen to receive a HT. Hope it turns out good for you, but on the positive side, you have a head full of hair and it looks great anyway.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 1 month later...

Quick update:

I have been in direct contact with Dr Feller today and hopefully we can work things out.

No matter what is decided, and I don't want to get ahead of myself, Dr Feller is a genuinely nice guy and very approachable.

Ok, so we agreed to disagree on certain things, but he listened intentively to what I had to say and left me completely reassured that is top priority was to make me feel completely happy and satisfied.

Lets see where we go from here.....

Cheers Doc!

jessie1,

So you're at 10.5 months post-op now...

Any new developments regarding growth or maturity? What about pics, can you post some recent ones?

Based upon your 9.5 months pics, I think you're well within your right to be concerned. I wish you the best in coming to an satisfactory resolution.

Corvettester

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

Hi Corvettester,

I am currently in contact with Dr Feller.

Nothing has been decided on. I have outlined my concerns to Dr Feller regarding the result and I will update further when I have something more solid. The fact that I am now in contact has been a huge relief in itself. The fact that people like yourself have offered your comments and words of encouragement is just as important to me: thanks.

You will appreciate that I am in direct contact with Doctor Feller so will respectfully hold off a little in the meantime until a solid resolution is in place.

There is no change between 9.5- 10.5 to answer your question.

I have some 10.5 month wet pics but no wet pre op pics.

Corv i'm not being funny but it's absolutely clear you hate Dr Feller and Spex and from my neutral point of you it looks a lot like whenever you can stir up a bit of anger in others towards them and stick the boot in you do so, maybe i'm wrong but that's just how it looks all the time. Now that's fair enough your a man after my own heart i generally do the same with people i dislike but out of interest why do you dislike them so much? Is there a specific reason?

You may say i was having a go at them the other day which i was but it's not a constant theme towards them i just had a problem with that 1 case.

Edited by bonkerstonker

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Corv i'm not being funny but it's absolutely clear you hate Dr Feller and Spex and from my neutral point of you it looks a lot like whenever you can stir up a bit of anger in others towards them and stick the boot in you do so, maybe i'm wrong but that's just how it looks all the time. Now that's fair enough your a man after my own heart i generally do the same with people i dislike but out of interest why do you dislike them so much? Is there a specific reason.

You may say i was having a go at them the other day which i was but it's not a constant theme towards them i just had a problem with them regarding that case.

Bonkers,

Perhaps you should reread my post. I made only one post on this thread. I fail to see what is so hateful in it. I have reposted it in full below for your edification. I was simply trying to support the patient. Am I not allowed to do that?

I comment on many results from a lot of different doctors. It's not fair that you single out this particular thread as if it were some kind of exception. I mean, just look at my comment's on Albion71's results that I just posted.

Also, I don't think it's fair that you accuse me of stiring up anger. Again, read my post again. I think it's more than fair to say that the patient "is well within his right to be concerned." How can you consider this statement to be incendiary or hateful?

Furthermore, I don't think it's accurate for you to claim that you are somehow neutral, but I am not. You're the first person who has suggested that my one and only comment on this thread is somehow incendiary. With all due respect Bonkers, it almost seems as if you're trying to stir something up...

I appreciate your concerns, but let's keep this thread on topic, which is Jessie1's results and experience. He seems to have it under control if you ask me.

Corvettester

p.s. If you must know, I am especially concerned with poor results as of late because I feel like they do not get enough coverage on the HTN. However, that is just an opinion of mine and this thread is not the proper place to elaborate upon this issue.

jessie1,

So you're at 10.5 months post-op now...

Any new developments regarding growth or maturity? What about pics, can you post some recent ones?

Based upon your 9.5 months pics, I think you're well within your right to be concerned. I wish you the best in coming to an satisfactory resolution.

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester

Corv with respect it's just my thoughts and observations in general not just here.

I'm not sure why you reposted here saying lets keep this thread on topic when you private messgaed me about it, i have replied to your pm lets talk it through there.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Corv with respect it's just my thoughts and observations in general not just here.

I'm not sure why you reposted here saying lets keep this thread on topic when you private messgaed me about it, i have replied to your pm lets talk it through there.

Bonkers,

I sent you the PM quite some time after I replied to your post here.

I did so because I didn't want any more distractions on this thread. This thread belongs to Jessie1 and I intend to keep it that way. However, I could not let your public accusations go unanswered.

Now that I think about it, maybe it's best to keep everything public. To that end, here is a copy of the email that I sent you:

Bonkerstonker,

I disagree with your opinion and the statements that you made. I don't "hate" anyone. Hate is a very strong word and I don't use it lightly. Nor do I have a secret agenda towards Feller or Spex, as you suggested. For the record, nobody pays me or compensates me in any way to post on the HTN.

I would appreciate it if you refrained from making provocative and insulting assumptions about me on further posts. To tell you the truth, I found your statements to be little offensive and mean spirited.

I hope you will take me at my word and respect my wishes. Thank you.

Regards,

Corvettester

Corvettester

Lmao u turn!

I can confirm you did send that message by pm.

Case closed your honour you have confirmed there is no agenda with feller. I still think it comes across that way though.

You're mistaken i never said you had a secret agenda i think it's quite clear you do i just would like to know why. so as you like to say all the time "I would appreciate it if you refrained from making provocative and insulting statements about me, i found your statements to be a little offensive and mean spirited"

Edited by TakingThePlunge
Removed personal insult

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

Hi guys,

A few have been in touch asking me to post the wet pics.

Serious computer issues with getting the pics on. My computer keeps crashing?

Anyway, these are 10.5 months wet. Ok, i admit that i'm no photographer so they are a bit blurred and flattering. Next time I promise I will be on my A game.

I have no wet comparison pics unfortunately.

Note there has been some loss behind the hairline which will be exposed on the pics.

This loss was evident pre op. You will see some instability behind the hairline in my pre op pics, notably the forelock. Unfortunately the hairs have gone since the Op.The FUE wasn't strong enough to camoflauge the continued progression of loss and did not meet my realistic expectations.

Note that I have grown my hair since my pre op pics in order to try and brush my hairline down and cover over the density.

I will post dry pics next month.

I definitely need another procedure. If anybody can recommend an FUE Doc to take my requirements to the next level please chip in. I am prepared to travel overseas and really feel that my goals are achievable. Cash is an issue if I'm honest. I already have 2 or 3 on the short list but the more research the better.

IMGP0750.jpg.a848939d71e0890e68f4ad469cd4dcc1.jpg

IMGP0744.jpg.20a59d77b2054706dfe0adfb1615c899.jpg

IMGP0749.jpg.7eb75eb8a47b793b3df95bac1a12cf6b.jpg

Guys,

There's nothing wrong with a lively debate but our Terms of Service are clear that commentary should remain civil. Thus, I've edited bonkerstonker's last post to remove the offending word.

Let's keep this thread on topic and refrain from resorting to personal insults.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Jessie,

Thank you for keeping us updated. Unfortunately, even after looking at your 10.5 month images, I'm still a little puzzled by your progress thus far. I still think the pics are a bit too close up and blurred, and it does look like your hair is wet or gelled in the last pictures, whereas it was dry in the original pre-operative shots. Was Spex ever able to meet with you and take some photographs?

Regardless, I am sorry to hear that you're disappointed with the results thus far. Frankly, I do think you should try to completely resolve the situation with Dr. Feller, but if you do decide to undergo a second procedure at a different clinic, please feel free to ask any many questions as needed.

Look forward to hearing more.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Blake,

Cheers for the previous response and feedback re the pics. You are right in saying that the pics are a bit blurred and not a fair representation. They give the illusion of density in the transplanted area and i will send some pics next month to keep you fully in the picture on progress.

The situation with dr Feller has changed almost overnight as you will gather from my previous posts about being in direct contact. I feel that we have reached an impasse despite some initial hope at my situation being resolved. Communication has therefore effectively broken down and I will continue to work toward my goal.

Another procedure should hopefully be impactive as I feel that my situation can be resolved. I am looking toward September/ Oct for my next procedure and need to start narrowing things down if anybody has any advice.

I wish neither Dr Feller or Spex any ill feeling.

Regards,

Jess

Blake,

Cheers for the previous response and feedback re the pics. You are right in saying that the pics are a bit blurred and not a fair representation. They give the illusion of density in the transplanted area and i will send some pics next month to keep you fully in the picture on progress.

Sounds good! Frankly, the more images you provide, the more help the community can offer. I look forward to seeing the new pictures.

The situation with dr Feller has changed almost overnight as you will gather from my previous posts about being in direct contact. I feel that we have reached an impasse despite some initial hope at my situation being resolved. Communication has therefore effectively broken down and I will continue to work toward my goal.

Another procedure should hopefully be impactive as I feel that my situation can be resolved. I am looking toward September/ Oct for my next procedure and need to start narrowing things down if anybody has any advice.

I wish neither Dr Feller or Spex any ill feeling.

Regards,

Jess

I'm sorry to hear about this. If there is anything I (or any of the other moderators for that manner) can do to help, please don't hesitate to contact me. Furthermore, thank you for remaining so civil.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Jesse Sorry to hear talks have broken down I think you deserve better from the pics you have provided. Sorry about wrecking your thread a bit I will only be commenting on the actual topic in this thread from now!

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1