FUT with Dr. Ron Shapiro today

Back at the hotel after a great experience with Dr. Shapiro. His brother Paul even popped in a few times. Janna and all the staff were fantastic. Matt stopped in to check on me as well. Everyone went out of there way to make me feel comfortable all day. Ended up with 3048 grafts in both the crown an hairline(more in the hairline) I will post pics and more info when I return to Orlando.

Edited by orlhair1
spelling error

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUT 6/14/11 - 3048 grafts

Surgery - Dr. Ron Shapiro FUE 1/28/13 & 1/29/13 - 1513 grafts

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/orlhair1

orlhair1,

Congratulations! I'm very happy for you and not the least bit surprised that you got the red carpet treatment from SMG.

Happy growing!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Here is some additional information. Strip size: 1.5cm width x 27.5 cm length. Vitrase was used in the donor before excision to increase laxity. ACell wound strips were used in the donor closure and ACell fine particles for the graft follicles

3048 Grafts = 6447 Hairs Total

1’s – 633

2’s – 1545

3’s – 756

4’s – 114

I can't figure out how to get the images into the post. Any help in that regard would be appreciated. I created a photo album with 6 pre and post op photos.

Edited by orlhair1

I looks very refined and you picked one of the best. Did they tell you how many they placed in the crown? Let us know how it goes, please keep us posted!

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Looks great orlhair! Those 3,000 grafts should make a nice improvement for you. Keep up posted!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Hi Orlhair1

Here are your pics. Thanks in advance for keeping us updated of your progress. All the best - SMG Team

Slide1.jpg

Slide2.jpg

Slide3.jpg

Slide4.jpg

Slide5.jpg

Slide6.jpg

I added photos 15 days post op. Got my first hair cut today to blend things in a little bit. Staples out last Friday.....much more comfortable after that!

The redness looks completely gone. Bet it feels good to get a hair trim and all the staples out. Now the hard part.......waiting. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are some one month photo updates. Everything is healed up well. I would say over half of the grafted hairs have shed. The hair has grown out thick around the scar making it hard to see, which is great in such a short period of time. The native hair that was cut is growing back nicely on top (except it is really grey/white.....looking forward to the 2 month mark so I can color it). Donor area is slightly sensitive still at night, but not enough to disrupt sleep. Everything seems to be going well. Now just waiting for it to start growing in 2 or 3 months.

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

That some quick healing. Good work there orlhair!

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

• 4 months later...

I decided to go back to my original thread for this and future updates. Easier to see the history, including the before and immediate post op photos. Of course all of the photos from all updates are in my site which can be seen by clicking on the link below. I am extremely pleased with my progress. I really like the hairline and all of the hair is thickening up nicely. The crown area has really filled in. I have received lots of compliments from people on how good my hair looks (most of whom don't know what I had done). Very excited already and it is still early. Here are the photos:

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

orlhair,

Looking mighty good my friend! That's exactly what a successful transplant should look like at 5 months. Everything is coming to shape. I especially like the crown shots.