My Hair Restoration Journey With Dr. Feller

Hello everyone, I've been reading posts of these forums for quite some time now, and really gained some valuable insight while researching doctors. I'd like to thank everyone who's taken the time to share their experiences and insight, as it's been a great help to me and many others. That being said, I'd like to share my personal experiences with everyone. Pictures should be up soon as well.

I experienced my hair loss between my senior year of high school, and my junior year of college. I don't really remember how quickly or gradually it happened. It just seemed like one day my hair didn't want to cooperate when I was brushing it, and it didn't look right. That's when I noticed that my hairline had gone back on the sides. Now I still had a lot of thick remaining hair, but the hairline bothered me. In high school I was able to basically do what ever I wanted with my hair, but now it just didn't look right unless I kept it a little longer and combed it to cover up the rescission on the sides, a process that could often become quite lengthy and annoying. Luckily for me, my hair loss stabilized, and I didn't experience any more as the years passed, but the amount I did experience really bothered me and made me very self-conscious. Finally, after years of considering having a hair transplant, I decided to take action a little over two years ago.

Now at this point I really only knew what I had seen on TV from Bosley, but after doing some research online, I found the forums, and needless to say Bosley was quickly ruled out. I soon discovered True & Dorin. They seemed to have nearly all positive reviews on any of the forum posts I read, the pictures of results on their website looked good, and their pricing seemed very reasonable, so I decided to go with them.

Now let me just say that I am not posting here to bash or insult anyone. I realize that many people have had very good experiences with True & Dorin, however, I did not care much for my own personal experience with them. When I went for my consultation, I met both Dr. True and Dr. Dorin, who were both very polite. I was very clear about what I wanted, and had even gone to the consultation with lines drawn on my head, to show them exactly what I wanted to do with my hairline, and made sure to stress the fact that I didn't want there to be any see-through. I explained that neither my father, nor either one of my grandfathers had been bald, and that my hair loss had stabilized a number of years earlier, therefore I wasn't concerned about future hair loss and wanted to focus on fixing up my hairline. After analyzing my scalp and donor area, they determined that I was a good candidate for a hair transplant. As my consultation continued, they told me that I would need about 1100 grafts, and actually said that anything more might be too much. At the time I had no idea how many grafts it would take to accomplish what I wanted, so I had no reason to question their assessment, and I booked a date for my surgery, which was later performed by Dr. Dorin.

On the day of surgery, while I was being prepped, Dr. Dorin came in to talk to me. He told me that I was probably going to need a second surgery to achieve what I wanted. Now this took me by surprise, since at my consultation both he and Dr. True said that anything more than 1100 might be too much, and now he was telling me I was most likely going to need a second procedure. But I still decided to go through with everything, since I did want to restore my hairline. Looking back on it now, I really can't figure out why or how they could have misinformed me like that at the consultation.

Next Dr. Dorin drew my new hairline on my head. He told me that he was purposely making it a little uneven, since that's how natural hairlines look. What he drew on my head looked okay to me, and soon it was time to start. The surgery seemed to go off without a hitch, and everything seemed fine to me at the time.

Fast forward to when the new hair grew in, and let's just say I was disappointed in the results. Now before anyone says anything, I followed all their instructions very closely and did everything I was supposed to, and apparently from what I was told, I yielded a very good growth rate. However, the work itself left a lot to be desired. The hairline was very noticeably uneven. Now I know Dr. Dorin said he was purposely making it a little uneven, but it didn't look anything like the design he had drawn to me, and it seemed like he went out of his way to make it look uneven, which I didn't particularly care for. In addition the density was lacking, and even though I did have some new hair, it was mostly all see-through.

Now again, I'm not here to badmouth anyone, I'm just giving an honest account of my experience. If anyone on here has undergone surgery with Dr. Dorin and had a good experience and gotten good results, then I am happy for you. However, I feel that I was misled during my consultation, and that the results were quite poor.

When I went for a follow up visit around the 8-9 month mark, I told Dr. Dorin that I thought I wanted to do a second procedure. He said I'd probably need between another 800-1000 grafts. Based on my results I tried to imagine what another 1000 grafts would look like, and I wasn't sure that would give me what I wanted either. So I told Dr. Dorin I would contact the office when I was ready and left.

I decided to do some more research online and to check out some other doctors. I soon found Dr. Feller's website, and read about some of his techniques, including dense packing, which I figured I would need. I also found an overwhelming amount of positive reviews about him on the forums, and got to look at a lot of pictures. I decided to make a consultation with him, and it's probably one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Dr. Feller is a stand up guy in addition to a great doctor. When he analyzed the work I had had done previously, he was legitimately surprised, and basically confirmed what I had suspected, that this wasn't a good hair transplant. He took a bunch of pictures, which he brought up on his computer screen for me to see, and pointed out the fact that multiple hair grafts had been placed into various areas throughout the front of the hairline, something that should never be done, as it gives that doll's hair appearance and looks unnatural.

He also pointed out that he thought the donor area scar had been made too high, stating it was right on the borderline of the safety zone, meaning the hair transplanted from that area could potentially fall out in the future. To be fair though, he did say it shouldn't be a problem in my case, but it could be for other patients who have experienced more excessive hair loss and have a greater risk of experiencing future hair loss. I do think it's unfortunate though, because if it had been made lower, Dr. Feller probably could have just gone over it. Then I would just have one scar instead of two, but to be honest, under normal conditions the scar isn't noticeable, so I can live with it.

As I discussed my goal with Dr. Feller, I basically mentioned the same things that I had mentioned at my consultation with True and Dorin; that neither my father, nor either one of my grandfathers had been bald, and that my hair loss had stabilized a number of years earlier, therefore I wasn't concerned about future hair loss and wanted to focus on fixing up my hairline.

When Dr. Feller examined my head, he told me that there weren't any indications that I'd experience any future hair loss, and agreed that he didn't think I'd have to worry about it. He also told me how great of a donor supply I had, which meant I really didn't have to worry about being conservative, and he didn't try to sell me on the idea of being conservative. I understand that in some cases where people have had more excessive hair loss, being conservative may be a necessity. However, I don't feel that was the case in my situation, and Dr. Feller seemed to be on the same page with me, which really made me feel at ease. Dr. Feller told me I would need around 2000 grafts, and that not only was my goal realistic and achievable, but it would actually be pretty easy for him, which got me pretty excited.

The day of my surgery I actually drew the hairline design myself. Dr. Feller liked the way it looked and traced over it, to make the guidelines more prominent. I would like to point out that I was very pleased that Dr. Feller allowed me to design my own hairline, as this showed me he wanted to make me happy. Just as he didn't try to sell me on being conservative, he also didn't try to convince me to make the hairline higher or more mature looking with some rescission.

Now I realize that some patients prefer a hairline that is a little higher, or that has some rescission, figuring it will look more natural 10 and 20 years down the road, and that's completely fine, to each his own. However, that just isn't for me, personally. While most people might experience some rescission, not everyone does. People like Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise and Eric Bana don't have any, and to me they look great. That's more of what I was going for, and I know Dr. Feller understood this, and did not try to sway my opinion. He basically made sure that the design I came up with matched up with the framing of my face and gave me what I wanted. That was something that was extremely important to me, as I know not all doctors are willing to do that, and many will push there own opinions onto their patients. To me, any patient paying to have this kind of procedure done has the right to be given the hairline design they want, as long as their donor supply and their wallet can afford it. I think Dr. Feller believes this too.

The surgery itself went very well. Dr. Feller extracted the donor strip and made the incisions in the recipient area, and his technicians placed the grafts, with Dr. Feller checking in on me from time to time. I believe the technicians changed every hour or so, to ensure no one got tired and fresh hands were always working on me. Something I noticed this time around was that they continuously wet my recipient area, which I was told was important for the grafts. They had not done this nearly as much at True & Dorin.

As for the rest of the surgery, I didn't experience any problems or complications, and Dr. Feller even gave me somewhere around an extra 200 grafts, stating that the better I look, the better he looks, a point he's reiterated time and again with me.

Jump ahead 8 months, and I'd say my results were fantastic. I went to see Dr. Feller, and he told me that the hair looked great for 8 months post-op. The hairline was much more even and lowed to where I wanted it, it wasn't see-through any more, there were no multi-haired grafts in the front, and it looked very natural. I did discuss the idea of adding a little more density overall, since my native hair is thick and quite dense, but Dr. Feller advised me to wait a little longer, and let the new hair mature a little more, which I did.

Around the one year mark I went back for another follow up, and decided to book one more procedure with Dr. Feller. Once again we discussed my goal, which was not to make the hairline any lower, but simply to add some more density behind it. Dr. Feller said that another 1000 grafts should give me what I want.

Now I know after you get to look at my pictures many of you may say I'm being greedy, or even a little ridiculous, as I did get great results from my last procedure with Dr. Feller. However, I think everyone is entitled to do what makes them happy. As I said earlier, my native hair is very thick and dense, and though my transplanted hair looked very good as it was, I wanted it to match up pretty much perfectly with the native hair in terms of density. And again, none of the men in my direct bloodline (Father, grandfathers, uncles) have been bald, and my personal hair loss stabilized years ago with no further progression, so I'm not worrying about any future hair loss.

I am currently about a week post-op from my last surgery with Dr. Feller. Once again, the procedure went extremely well, and I believe Dr. Feller again gave me close to 200 extra grafts. He told me that this should get me very close to my native density. So right now it's the waiting game, but I have every bit of confidence that my final results will be outstanding. In my opinion Dr. Feller deserves every bit of praise he receives on these forums. The man is truly an expert at what he does.

To anyone considering getting a hair transplant, whether it's your first, second, third or whatever, if you haven't considered going to Dr. Feller, you are doing yourself a great disservice. I honestly believe that he is one of the best in the industry. He cares about making his patients happy, and it shows in the quality of his work. My personal experience with him has been fantastic. My only regret is that I didn't find him sooner, as I'm sure I would have only required 2 surgeries, rather than 3. I'd personally like to thank Dr. Feller for giving me the hairline I've been longing for the last 10 years. I'm no longer self-conscious about the way my hair looks, and I honestly can't wait for all the new hair to grow in, I know it's going to look incredible.

I would also like to extend my thanks to Spex, who will be posting some pictures for me, and for all the support he's offered others on these forums. As I've said, I've been a reader on here for a while now, so I am well aware of his contributions to this site.

Well that's all for now. If anyone has any questions, I'll gladly answer them, and I welcome any feedback. Best wishes and grow well everyone.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the forum Mr. Katsopolis!

What an interesting first couple of posts you’ve made... "Have Mercy!"

A few brief questions… "Talk to me" as you used to say;)

Why is Spex posting your photos for you? These photos are the exact same photos that he posted in another thread just two days ago:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/160915-hairline-repair-2200-grafts-dr-feller.html

As I’m sure you know, Spex is a consultant for Dr. Feller. If you want your thread to have any credibility, it’s important that you post your own pics. I might recommend you ask Spex to "Cut...It...Ooouuut" as your roommate Joey is so fond of saying;)

Also, why did you repost this in the Surgeon Reviews section when, aside from the introductory paragraph, it is the exact same post from above? That's weird!

Lastly, and please don’t take this the wrong way, but has Dr. Feller or Spex compensated you in any way for posting this review in the two separate threads? Just curious.

Like I said, welcome to the forum, I think you'll find plenty of support here on the HTN. We're like one big family where... Everywhere you look (everywhere) There's a heart (there's a heart) A hand to hold on to. Everywhere you look (everywhere) There's a face of somebody who needs you.

Corvettester

p.s. Send Becky and the twins my love.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Dorin

1,696 FUT with Dr. Dorin on October 18, 2010.

1,305 FUT with Dr. Dorin on August 10, 2011.

565 FUE with Dr. Dorin on September 14, 2012.

That seemed very left field Corv...

Did your copy of Full House not arrive from EBay and you feel the need to attack Uncle J?

In all seriousness, totally unrequired response to a great result.

Confusion: High.

Cheers,

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

I may go over some previous posts I'm intrigued as to where trouble has previously been stirred.

Cheers,

Again, amazing result Uncle J!

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

Geeeze guys! Where did your sense of humor go? I was just trying to infuse a little humor in the matter, lol! I didn’t think I was the only Full House fan on the HTN… guess I was wrong:(

In all seriousness though, I think my questions are perfectly legitimate. Uncle Jesse, please post your own pics.

Also, why the need to duplicate your post in two separate threads?

We have a lot of “drive-by” character assassination attempts in these threads. They typically have a few things in common such as first-time posters, no pics, etc…

I’m not saying that you’re one of these posters, Uncle Jesse. I’m just saying that we see similar things often, so if you could just please post your own pics, it’d be greatly appreciated. Then we could all comment on them.

You have to remember that Spex is a paid consultant of Dr. Feller. Therefore, in my opinion, he is not a credible source. No offence to Spex, it’s just the way I see things… call me crazy!

Many thanks Unky Jesse. Please don’t see my previous post as anything more than having a laugh... :)

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester

Spex,

No need to get so defensive, buddy!

Yes, I understand that UncleJesse went to the same doctor that I used. I have no problem with that because I know for a fact that there is no doctor out there that has a 100% satisfaction rate… not Dorin, not Feller, not Hasson, not Wong, not Rahal, not SMG, not anybody!

Personally, I find the idea that Uncle Jesse has trouble posting pics a little incredulous, to say the least. That is why I asked him to post his own pics. What’s so wrong with that?

I just thought it was very unusual to see that Uncle Jesse and you had made two of the exact same posts in two separate threads in two separate sections. I’ve never seen that happen before on the HTN, so forgive me if I’m skeptical.

…you decided to not comment on this amazing result by Dr Feller, an oversight I am guessing hey... you are a real team player, not.

Two things here: You cannot criticize me for not doing something. In other words, you cannot call upon a person to prove a negative. That would be a logical fallacy.

Also, for future reference, I recently decided to cease commenting in the Results Posted by Leading Clinics section anymore. This is a personal choice of mine and it has nothing to do with you, Spex. The way I see it, all the results are cherry-picked anyway, so it’s really pointless to comment considering that clinics never post any of their less than optimal results… I mean, why would they? Of course, this is just my opinion (I think the last comment I made was about a week ago on a really nice SMG result for a blonde guy).

If uncle Jesse wants to post his own pics, in a topic of his own creation, then I'd be glad to comment on his results. However, Spex, you may be disappointed to learn that, unlike you, I do not blindly support anyone. If Uncle Jesse has a poor result, I'll be the first to admit it. I don't care if Dr. Dorin gave him said poor results. My loyalties are to nobody but myself.

All I ask is for some semblance of veracity! Uncle Jesse needs to post his own pics and T&D need to confirm that he is a former patient. I apply this standard to all cases where I criticize the work of a physician. In fact, I did the same thing just last week with a poster who goes by the username: MitchJohnson1. See for yourself, bro.

Again, I wasn’t trying to discredit you Spex. As mentioned before, with all due respect, you are a paid consultant for Dr. Feller: You are paid for your opinions. I am not. You are, by definition, not a credible source…

As Upton Sinclair once said: “It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon him not understanding it.”

All the best,

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester
Grammar... gets me every time!

That seemed very left field Corv...

Did your copy of Full House not arrive from EBay and you feel the need to attack Uncle J?

In all seriousness, totally unrequired response to a great result.

Confusion: High.

Cheers,

Again, I'm sorry my humor was poorly taken. My bad!

As I'm sure a veteran poster like yourself can appreciate, I'll be glad to comment on the result once Uncle Jesse posts some of his own pics. You see, I simply cannot trust the source of the current pics.

Is that really so crazy?

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester
Grammar. Spelling. Style.

I think your logic is slightly flawed if you dont mind me saying so , reason being the op has had a procedure and paid for it , the result is excellent and the op is happy !! end of !

to clarify i agree spex is a paid consultant as stated very clearly in his signature ( on every post ) , as this patient is a prior client any monetary gain ( pay ) would of taken place by now , thus making your issue of spex being employed by the Dr irrelevant if you follow me

The patient pays thanks to Spex for posting his photos on his behalf , so the photos are good enough for the patient but not good enough for you !............

re being paid to post pictures some Drs do , some dont , i know a Dr in California who discounts for using photographs, to the best of my knowledge Dr Feller doesnt offer this

To be as blunt as yourself, i have one question for you , just what is exactly, your problem with Dr Feller ?

regards

ej

ej, v v gd question. Patient himself posts online to thank Spex for the help and a 3rd party, totally not in the loop, comes in to make noise abt something nobody makes noise abt :)

Dude, we all appreciate your inputs re Dr Feller but aint it time to put an end to your childish and kiddo behaviours? If u had a good result, congratulations and continue to help new members with precious knowledge and experience.

In the past, maybe there were issues related to Feller and u made your point. Though i understood none of it, hey at least there were grounds to be discussed. In this thread, patient had thanked Spex for helping him and u made a big hoohaa out of it. It only shows plainly your deep bias against Feller and has no case at all. Come on, be a grown up and discuss real issues, will ya?

View my hair loss website. Surgery done by Doc Pathomvanich from Bangkok http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1730

I think your logic is slightly flawed if you dont mind me saying so , reason being the op has had a procedure and paid for it , the result is excellent and the op is happy !! end of !

to clarify i agree spex is a paid consultant as stated very clearly in his signature ( on every post ) , as this patient is a prior client any monetary gain ( pay ) would of taken place by now, thus making your issue of spex being employed by the Dr irrelevant if you follow me

The patient pays thanks to Spex for posting his photos on his behalf , so the photos are good enough for the patient but not good enough for you !............

re being paid to post pictures some Drs do , some dont , i know a Dr in California who discounts for using photographs, to the best of my knowledge Dr Feller doesnt offer this

To be as blunt as yourself, i have one question for you , just what is exactly, your problem with Dr Feller ?

regards

ej

EJ,

For sure, the result speaks for itself. It looks great! It looks like the real life John Stamos! If you go back and read, I simply asked the OP to post his own pics of his procedure, including post-op from Dr. Dorin. I don't think this is too much to ask, In fact, it's quite common.

I have to disagree with your logic, EJ. The fact that the OP has already paid for his procedure is irrelevant. So what? Now that they have his money, they’re going to give it to him straight?

No offence, but what world do you live in? Do you think that the hairstylist who just butchered your hair is going to tell you that it looks bad? Or anyone who works for the same salon? What about the clerk that sells you that pink leather suit? As you walk out the door, everyone who works there will be telling you how great it looks on you! I see this nonsense everyday, so forgive me if I’m skeptical.

My contention is that as a paid consultant for Dr. Feller, it is impossible for Spex to criticize any of Feller’s work… whether the results are good or bad is moot.

The fact of the matter is that Spex would never admit it if they were bad, so why should his opinions be considered credible when the results are good like with Uncle Jesse here? This is the crux of my argument. I hope you follow.

As for my beef with Feller, I don’t think I stated one on this thread. It looks like a great result in my opinion. I’m just the type of guy who only gives trust with verification.

I really don’t think it’s too much to ask the OP to post some of his pre-op and post-op pics of his own. Sorry if I’m too skeptical for your taste, but that’s just the way I am and it serves me well. Such a perfunctory gesture of posting his own pics can only help his case and, in my opinion, is the minimum required of each poster. How often have you seen Bill-Managing Publisher insisting posters to post their own pics or stop posting all together? Quite frequently!

In addition, I want to be clear that I did not find the OP’s comments regarding his procedure with Dr. Dorin to be unbalanced or malicious. I think he was quite fair and went out of his way to state that he was not trying to attack Dr. Dorin. He certainly has a right to state his experience to the community—that is what it’s here for! I’m glad he did. Thank you Uncle Jesse.

However, EJ, as a veteran poster, I’m sure you can appreciate the manifold ways certain posters in the past have gone about praising one doctor, while subtly bashing another. You would be remiss not to acknowledge that Uncle Jesse’s posts do have some of the hallmarks of such posters, i.e. first-time post, no pics, excessive praise or blame, etc…Therefore, I simply ask him to post his own pics, especially those of his procedure with Dr. Dorin.

If this is too much too ask, then I’m guilty of cynicism; but then the HTN is guilty of a double-standard.

I’m happy for UJ, who wouldn’t be? Again, his result looks great. I’ve never shied away from commenting on a good result by Dr. Feller, provided it was furnished by the patient himself (See what I publically stated about Hairthere’s results and temple points). I’m not being unfair here gentlemen; I’m being strict!

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester
Style. Grammar.

ej, v v gd question. Patient himself posts online to thank Spex for the help and a 3rd party, totally not in the loop, comes in to make noise abt something nobody makes noise abt :)

Dude, we all appreciate your inputs re Dr Feller but aint it time to put an end to your childish and kiddo behaviours? If u had a good result, congratulations and continue to help new members with precious knowledge and experience.

For the last time, I apologize to Uncle Jesse that my humor was poorly taken. I mean it: I'm sorry. I thought we could all have a laugh at the expense of the Olsen twins. My fault. I take the jokes back. I hope this is good enough.

Moving on... I would like to see some of the B&A's of this wonderful result posted by the patient—not the doctor, not one of his paid representatives, but the patient himself. I’m not asking too much.

Otherwise, this thread belongs in the Results Posted by Leading Clinics section. Which, by the way, it’s already there!

As a patient of Dr. Dorin, I hope anyone of you could understand why I particularly want to see photos of these multi’s used in his hairline and his poor result.

Does this really sound so strange to any of you?

In the past, maybe there were issues related to Feller and u made your point. Though i understood none of it, hey at least there were grounds to be discussed. In this thread, patient had thanked Spex for helping him and u made a big hoohaa out of it. It only shows plainly your deep bias against Feller and has no case at all. Come on, be a grown up and discuss real issues, will ya?

Yes, to be perfectly clear, I am extremely biased against any paid representative. I generally do not find them to be credible sources. This is my opinion. Call me crazy!

Again, Uncle Jesse is looking good. I make no claims about Dr. Feller. This is a job well done. Please go back and see that my contention is with the veracity of Spex as a credible source. I don't trust it one bit. I make no apologies for that.

I just want to see UJ's results coming from his own hands, not a paid consultant. Otherwise, it should be posted in the Results Posted by Leading Clinics section.

Thanks for chiming in WB, it’s been a while. I hope that your concerns with your personal case have blown over and your rockin a nice head of hair by now.

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester

Corvettster

Taking each of your points in turn :

I think there is a huge difference between purchasing an item of clothing and having a hair transplant, although i obviously understand your logic about the world of sales and marketing , Im sorry to have to inform you that it remains flawed ! ... the reason being .. the patient is happy !! therefore there is nothing to ( quote ) " give to him straight " he is happy with his " purchase" ( hope i used the correct term for the world you live in ! )...

Surely asking for after photographs of his last procedure is a little much , what would you hope to gain from seeing these photographs ? Is the patients post openly thanking Spex for publishing his photographs not enough for you ?

In the interest of fair play and openess, and respect to you Corvettster I think we should have a poll to find out what the forums thoughts are on this subject ,.. it could be titled , "each and every patient has to post there own photographs of ....` not only ` there procedure , but also photographs of there prior procedure with a different Dr , and pictures from clinics or there reps are not allowed " lets see what the forum thinks hey ?

or would this just be applicable to Dr Feller ?

Regarding your issue with the credibility of Spex , I would remind you that he was a veteran of this industry long before he took up any position with any Dr ! and he has helped numerous people

Regards

ej

Surely asking for after photographs of his last procedure is a little much , what would you hope to gain from seeing these photographs ? I

In the interest of fair play and openess, and respect to you Corvettester I think we should have a poll to find out what the forums thoughts are on this subject... it could be titled, "each and every patient has to post there own photographs of ....` not only ` there procedure , but also photographs of there prior procedure with a different Dr , and pictures from clinics or there reps are not allowed " lets see what the forum thinks hey ?

or would this just be applicable to Dr Feller ?

ej

EJ,

This is already the rule!

If you’re going to criticize a doctor, you are required to post B&A pics. Thus, the “Before” pics would by default be the “After” pics of his procedure with his previous doctor.

If uncle Jesse is going to say that Dorin took his scar too high or put multi's in the hairline, then he should most definitely be required produce photos substantiating his claims. This is the bare minimum and is already enshrined in the terms and conditions of the HTN. This applies to any and all doctors, not just Feller.

Bill-Managing Publish has made a point of this on several occasions. Where have you been?

In my opinion, the pics Spex posted don’t cut it. For one, I don’t trust the source. Also, they are too washed out by the flash. I don’t doubt UJ’s great result. However, until I see pics posted by the OP of his bad scar and poor result from Dorin, I cannot comment in good faith, neither can you.

Corvettester

Point taken ! I can only comment on what I see ,washed out or not, I can see multi hair grafts in the hairline ( pics 1 and 2 ) , I can understand you wanting more photographic evidence as its the Dr who worked on yourself , therefore I think its natural to be defensive of ones own Dr ,i have seen this many times on the forums , what matters though is the poster is happy and i sincerely hope you are also

regards

ej

Point taken ! I can only comment on what I see ,washed out or not, I can see multi hair grafts in the hairline ( pics 1 and 2 ) , I can understand you wanting more photographic evidence as its the Dr who worked on yourself , therefore I think its natural to be defensive of ones own Dr ,i have seen this many times on the forums , what matters though is the poster is happy and i sincerely hope you are also

regards

ej

Agreed. I'm glad he's happy too. That is all that really matters.

I too see multi's in the hairline of the posted pics. I'm unsure about the scar though, because of the flash, it's too washed out for me to make anything of it. Kudos to those who can.

However, perhaps you need to check the definition of the term "defensive." I simply want pics from the patient in question. Nothing more, nothing less.

Corvettester

Corvettester,

There is nothing wrong with the actual patient coming online and sharing their own experience, even if it has already been copied in another thread. Many clinics, not just Dr. Feller's often present the same photos and specifics about a patient's case in the "Results Posted by Leading Hair Transplant Clinics" forum. I also have no problem with clinics posting a patient's photos in the topic created by the patient. Shapiro Medical Group does all of this once in awhile too.

There is certainly nothing wrong with asking the patient to post some of his/her own photos. But your first post does appear rather accusatory rather than congratulatory towards the patient on his hair transplant. As one of our regular posters and more dedicated members, is this the message you want to convey to new members?

Patients aren't required to post their own photos whether they've had a good or bad experience. However, patients who complain about poor growth are required to let their physician post their photos and share their side of the story. If their physician doesn't have photos to share, then the patient may be required to present their photos to substantiate a specific claim.

As they say, a photo is worth a thousand words and thus, photos will always make any experience more credible. But I don't think it's fair to chastise Spex or any other paid consultant for presenting a patient's photos to help him/her out.

I truly believe you mean well. However, in the future, I strongly suggest asking in the form of a request rather than implying foul play has occurred without any real precedent.

Best wishes,

Bill

One more thing...

As always, the adult members of our community are always free to draw their own conclusion on each and every case presented. However, personally, I feel that the photos Spex and other recommended physicians present on this community are presented accurately to the best of their ability. I do not believe Spex nor any of our surgeons purposely try to doctor photos or make the result appear anything less than it would look like in person.

Obviously, photos taken under different lighting and styling conditions will affect how the result appears. But if the patient himself is happy and photos have already been presented, I see no reason to demand "proof" that he's happy.

Comments about the result itself are always welcome, but let's not chastise this patient nor Spex for posting about his experience and his photos.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks for the input Bill, your points are well taken.

As I'm sure you saw, I went back and apologized to Uncle Jess for my humor being taken so poorly on three separate occasions. I didn't mean to sound accusatory.

If it's common practice to repost such threads, then that is news to me.

Patients aren't required to post their own photos whether they've had a good or bad experience. However, patients who complain about poor growth are required to let their physician post their photos and share their side of the story.

As they say, a photo is worth a thousand words and thus, photos will always make any experience more credible.

But Bill, I've seen you insist several times that patients post pics to substantiate their claims when there was a question to the veracity of said patients claims. I simply cannot see the difference now.

Please clarify.

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester
Spelling.

One more thing...

As always, the adult members of our community are always free to draw their own conclusion on each and every case presented. However, personally, I feel that the photos Spex and other recommended physicians present on this community are presented accurately to the best of their ability. I do not believe Spex nor any of our surgeons purposely try to doctor photos or make the result appear anything less than it would look like in person.

Bill,

At no point did I suggest that the pics were doctored or photoshoped. The flash is too bright for me to make an informed opinion on the scar pics though. That is all that I said.

But if the patient himself is happy and photos have already been presented, I see no reason to demand "proof" that he's happy.

My request to Uncle Jesse was clear and unequivocal: personally furnish the community with photos of your scar and hairline from the less than optimal result that you stated that you received from Dr. Dorin.

Of course, he shouldn't have to prove that he is happy with Feller's result. That is clear. At no point did I suggest, imply or insinuate that he should have to provide better photos of his result with Feller... it was always clear that it was his result with Dorin that needed to be substantiated.

Corvettester

Edited by corvettester
Spelling

Spex,

I don't debate with salesmen. You're paid for your opinions. I am not. You will never have any credibility in my eyes. There is nothing left to discuss between you and I.

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon him not understanding it.” Upton SInclair.

Corvettester

Hey Corvettester

just tryin to keep the thread light , having all these " ding dongs " doesnt really help anyone , and at the end of the day we all want the same outcome , good solid results ! like the op ..

I dont think Spex is paid for his opinions , he represents Dr Feller and Lindsey and is quite open about this , so I think its a little harsh to hold the view that you do

anyway I wish you all the best

ej

Edited by ej
grammar

Coversetter def has a prob with feller,spex is not a salesman and you are very annoying coversetter!

The work feller did was very good but ive a question for spex,does the flash in the pictures give a true representation of what the hair really looks like?reason im asking is i take photos of my hair alot mainly my donor as i have white dotting and with a flash my donor looks good but with no flash in daylight it doesnt look good and a bit patchy..