Dr Rahal June 3rd 2011

Hi Guys,

I have been somewhat quiet on the forum as of late, living life I guess. I have kept up in reading most discussions going on etc which have been entertaining to say the least.

I would like to properly announce that I am due to sit in Dr Rahal's chair on June 3rd. I fly out to Canada in two weeks exactly. Quite nervous yet excited at the same time.

I have been quoted roughly around the 2000 grafts mark however will get the good Doc to look at a few other areas of concern. Since I have been on Fin for the last 6 years now and have maintained quite well Dr Rahal seems to believe we can achieve a good cosmetic result within my frontal zone. I will opt not to go to crazy however since there is no M.D. at the end of my name I will let Dr Rahal decide. I promise to take many photos and document the experience as best I can.

Have not been completing laxity exercises as I am naturally lucky in this regard.

I am yet to post my own version of laxity exercises, will make sure to have this done prior to leaving.

Wish me luck...

Cheers,

"The road to success is always under construction"

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

2800 Grafts to frontal 1/3

By Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada

Current Hair Loss Arsenal:

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Hair-A-Gain Generic Minox: x2 Daily 13 years

(Applied wet in mornings)

Other Random products put to use during my hair loss battle (not in use):

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Dr Proctor's Nano Shampoo

Various Herbal supplements

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Laser Treatments (Epic Fail)

10 long years of HT and general HL research.:cool:

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

Good luck! It is clear that all of your research has paid off, because you are going to one of the very best surgeons. I look forward to tracking your progress.

Best of luck Muso, you chose a great doctor. I will say though, be assertive and voice what you want. After all it's your head and your dime and you really must let him know what your goals are--then he can tell you if they are realistic.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Good luck MusoInOz, We are somehow similar, mine is 2200 grafts for hairline and maybe some extra for other zone if applicable. Im going to have it July 23. Nervous too as its my my 2nd HT and i will be under the knife again and the patience period of having them grow. But I will know at the end i will be happy with having it done with the king of hairlines. Cause hairline is life to me, the most important feature in hair overall.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Hi Guys,

Thanks very much for the encouragement guys, it is truly appreciated! I have a fairly significant movie role coming up towards the end of the year, my manager knows what I am doing which is a plus, however thinks I'm crazy and constantly tells me that I have great hair. I believe once the little areas I require work in are done I should be right for a while (I hope anyway). I of course have realistic expectations regarding my surgery and do not expect to walk out looking like Grug (Google Grug if you have no idea).

I still do question if I am going in too early being only 28, yet hold the fact that medication has so far served me quite well as a positive aspect.

Only time will tell my friends.

Cheers,

:cool: I represent Dr Rahal and the associated clinic as a paid patient advisor.

I am also here to assist fellow Australian/NZ Hair Loss sufferers both on and off the forum.

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

Dutas .5mg every day 1.5 years and Proscar 5mg (Cut into 1/4): x1 Daily 10 years

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

*I am not a medical professional, I only offer my own advice from personal experiences and years of detailed research*

best of luck! as someone who had 3500 grafts with Dr. Rahal i can tell you you will be in good hands! if you ever need to pm me or even call let me know and i will do my best to help you!

Hi Musoinoz

Good luck for the 3rd of June.

I also live in Australia and am planning my first HT with either Dr Rahal or H&W. I have posted my contact details through Dr Rahal's website several times, but not received a reply.

What's the consultation process for overseas patient?

Also, how long did you have to wait to get a date for your HT?

Many thanks and good luck!

DRoyal.

Hey mate,

I would contact mattj on the forum. He is your best bet for contact with the clinic.

I know they were having email issues only recently possibly your attempted contact was lost.

Good luck my friend.

Either H&W or Rahal will serve you well, both are amazing clinics, as you probably know though.

Cheers.

Thanks for the well wishes also mate, I appreciate it!

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Hi Musoinoz

Good luck for the 3rd of June.

I also live in Australia and am planning my first HT with either Dr Rahal or H&W. I have posted my contact details through Dr Rahal's website several times, but not received a reply.

What's the consultation process for overseas patient?

Also, how long did you have to wait to get a date for your HT?

Many thanks and good luck!

DRoyal.

Hey Droyal

i had 3500 grafts done by Dr. Rahal in late nov of 2010 so im about 6 months post up! I was an out of town patient as well so im sure youll have similiar exprience. Let me know if you need any help and ill be glad to talk to you and send you pictures of course. I couldnt be happier with the work and im really excited about the growth in my hair.

A friend of mine recently called me a chia pet.. considering i was thinning bad only a year ago that comment made me feel really nice! Pm me or post here if u have any questions. Best of luck

Gat

Hi Gat

sorry for the delay in contacting you. I'd love to see pictures!

I'm deciding between Dr Rahal and Dr Hasson, just can't make my mind up.

Are you happy with the scar? How short can you cut your hair?

Look forward to seeing from you shortly.

Thanks

DRoyal

Hello Hello!

Well, after 25 hours of flying I am in Ottawa residing at the famous Foxbar guest house.

So tired brain not functioning,. The guys that runs the place didn't understand anything i said due to my accent and speaking a million miles per second.

Great guy though and the place is seriously epic. There is another guy staying here who just had a 4000+ procedure he was real nice, especially given the fact i asked him 1000 questions

Well I need a shower. I will update on the fly kids. i meet the man tomorrow which should be great.

Neeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrvvvvvvvvvvvvvvoooooooouuuuuuuuuuuussssssssssss

Cheers,

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

How did you manage to get there in just 25 hours? I took me 36, though the original flight was delayed, meaning I missed my connections and they rerouted me to go via Montreal, rather than Chicago as was originally planned.

Anyway - absolutely best of luck! I'm sure it will all go perfectly and you'll love you results in a few months. :)

Hi Guys,

I got here in under 25 hours actually, I had a direct flight to Vancouver from Sydney then a connecting flight into Ottawa. Pretty settled in now and have spoken with two other patients thus far who advised the procedure was no problems. This eases anxiety for me.

Foxbar is seriously amazing. I have been made fun of for not really having any hair loss...

Haha!

I have feared Rahal would meet me and say..."So, you know I work with hair loss right?"

Since my procedure may be minimal. Hopefully he can address the few little areas that of concern.

Hey Spex!

I will let him know you said "Hey", I am due for a pre op consult today which is very exciting.

One other patient here is a former Armani patient. he had FUE 3 years ago, funny enough the result is not that bad, density is not amazing but the work is okay. He has fine hair which may attribute to the density issue.

Well,

I will check back later guys.

Cheers,

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

Hey, Hey!

So i just had my consult with Dr Rahal, what a great guy. Very thorough about the entire procedure. I was able to take my waiver documents back to Foxbar and look more carefully. I will read the entire document to my Dad as he is a lawyer. Just in case ( I don't intend on suing anybody). Dr Rahal looked over my head and advised I had great donor and laxity was excellent (Awesome!) we discussed hair line placement at length, due to my head shape etc i was able to drop the recession down to a great level.

He reviewed the rest of my hair and advised that I was thinner in the crown area, I told him it had been this way for a long time, fin has definitely assisted me. he said currently my coverage was quite good yet there was a clear definition between my sides/back and crown, we have opted to invest 1500ish from the highest point in my crown into the mid scalp. Before you guys get all "forum" on me please note that we did not just decide this in one go, it was spoken about at length, Dr Rahal was very on the fence about it the whole time due to shockloss, it basically came down to me wanting to take the chance. I decided to take it. I am 28, my donor is great and I wear my hair down so my crown/mid area is important to me. We reviewed many similar cases to myself, a patient from 3 days earlier even sat in my consultation and showed me his scar and work to his crown...looked fantastic. I have 3 guys here now two strip and one FUE to chat with. It is great, I am not even nervous now.

I will get as many photos as possible for my blog. I will detail the shiz out of the experience.

I am typing in excited mode!

Cheers,

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo

PS:

Dr Rahal believes I have around 9000 in the tank! Strip wise! The FUE may be around 2000 if I like...

Pretty fu@#ing good!!!

Cheers,

Hair Transplant Surgery:

June 3rd 2011

Spiro Cream 5mg

Minox 15%

Toppik/ Nanogen

Saw Palmetto

Provillus - LOL

Nanogen Shampoo